ize2000

Distinguished
May 6, 2011
Hello, i have deleted a registry key by accident and i have no restore points to go to :( is there anyway at all i can restore the key back ? if so please help me out and save a trip to the pc repair shop. Thanks

ize2000

Distinguished
May 6, 2011
Hey thanks for recommending me this, the key that i deleted has now prevented me from using my keyboard. I am using the onscreen one that you have to click :( . I have dowloaded the software but i dont know what to do :( could you possibly tell me what to click ? thanks for replying

ize2000

Distinguished
May 6, 2011

Hey i have installed registry cleaner, scanned for problems and 103 showed up and i fixed them and scanned again 4 problems showed up saying 4 files are missing from registry i clicked fix restarted and still had the keyboard problem i scanned again on registry cleaner and the files are still missing :( i feel so stupid. Any help ?

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished

However i think sometimes you could try to do the fixing method again just clarify it doesnt work.

ize2000

Distinguished
May 6, 2011

i never got an installation disk with this :( just a disc from dell with drivers and utilities, i have tried to use that but it's not helping. when it says missing files in registry cleaner am i supposed to click fix problems ?

ize2000

Distinguished
May 6, 2011

ok, i clicked fixed problems on missing files and it says fixed registry problems, and it scans again after that and it comes up the 4 problems that it said it fixed are still there :(

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished
oh..
I have to go to sleep now.Its about 5am in my region.
If you want you can wait for me to post a better solution however i cant guarantee it would work or you can go to the dell/hp/acer etc service center to fix it.

which apps reg key did you delete? if its a windows 1 than load up the last good config. this doesnt need a restore point to work.
running sfc /scannow will fix most windows components but you must either have a restore partition and a repair disk or a windows boot disk.
if its for an installed app just reinstall it ir may let you run a repair from the msi installer in which case the regkey will be replaced.