Sony Vail PCG-FX340 Hard Drive Location

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
March 17, 2005 8:17:24 AM

Hello All,

Can anyone out there tell me where the hard drive in the Sony Vaio
FX340 is located. I am looking to upgade from the 15 gig to a 60 or 80
gig in the very near future. Thanks
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 18, 2005 8:40:22 PM

If its the same on all FX models then its under the center of the keyboard,
just upgraded my fx805 from 30GB to 60gB 7200 rpm - makes it zip.

1) you unscrew the speaker cover (lhs) slide and lift out (lay on screen)
2) remove screw for keyboard - slide up and lift bottom of kb
up onto screen
3) peel off ground strap, undo the 4 screws to unsecure the hd caddy - lift
out caddy.
4) Remove 4 screws and take disk out of caddy - replace in reverse order.

nik

"Marvin Dawson" <marvin.dawson@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello All,
>
> Can anyone out there tell me where the hard drive in the Sony Vaio
> FX340 is located. I am looking to upgade from the 15 gig to a 60 or 80
> gig in the very near future. Thanks
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 19, 2005 3:53:20 AM

Marvin

Recently did this on my PCG 941C, Nik's instructions are consise but
have a look here http://repair4laptop.org/disassembly_sony.html if you
need more info. If your model isn't listed (like mine) the others give
enough of an idea to do this.

Cheers

Steve
!