Realtek HD Audio digital in problem

Hello,

I have a Korg synth module plugged into the digital in on the rear panel of a Realtek HD Audio equipped HP computer. I am using a converter to change the stereo audio out of the synth module to a digital signal. The audio sys plays all of the on board sounds (dvd, cd, music programs, etc) but will not recognize or play the synth module sound. What am I doing wrong?
4 answers Last reply
More about realtek audio digital problem
  1. scoirvine said:
    Hello,

I have a Korg synth module plugged into the digital in on the rear panel of a Realtek HD Audio equipped HP computer. I am using a converter to change the stereo audio out of the synth module to a digital signal. The audio sys plays all of the on board sounds (dvd, cd, music programs, etc) but will not recognize or play the synth module sound. What am I doing wrong?

Are you sure the port is digital INPUT,
    and not by chance OUTPUT?
  2. BigDav said:
    Are you sure the port is digital INPUT,
    and not by chance OUTPUT?

Yes. There are 2 jacks and I am using the digital out to my sound system which works just fine as long as all the sound sources are integrated into the PC (system sounds, CD, DVD, music programs, etc.) The Korg synth module is the only off board music source I am using. I updated the Realtek driver today and now I do get some soft static sound out of the module when I play it via my midi keyboard so it is inputting something but the PC audio is not doing the job like it should.
  3. Check to make sure the sampling rate that the module is outputting is supported by the digital input. Sometimes they use non standard frequencies.
  4. What type of cable/connector are you using to carry the digital signal from your synth module
    to the back of the motherboard? Could the cable be bad?
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Realtek HD Audio Components