NEW BUILD SB and sabertooth HELP

rvd89

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011
Hi, was considering SB in early Jan but was put off by the chipset problem.

Now with the P67 Sabertooth, I am considering putting a new build together again. Since it has 4 SATA3 ports which is definitely more than enough for me and unaffected by the current problem. I looked at ASUS website on the P8P67 pro and sabertooth and honestly, I don't really comprehend much of it.

Just some questions though:

1. Other then 4 and 2 Sata3 ports respectively, how much difference is there between the sabertooth and P8P67 pro? Additional benefits like better OC and heat management?

2. I'm getting the Antec 300 Illusion. Now seeing as Sabertooth has front usb 3.0, will my case be able to be usb 3.0 capable too or it depends on the case?

If it helps I'll just put up the potential parts I'm getting. This build is mostly for gaming and home use. And I will not be having any multi card config as the 300 is a pretty small case. I guess many will advise me on a different case but I really love the antec 300 clean looks and small size.

i5-2500k
8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 mHz CL9
Samsung 1TB F3 Spinpoint
Sapphire 6950 2 GB
Seasonic M12II
Win 7 HP x 64
HD monitor

Isn't any budget just wanna get the best bang out of my buck. Thanks all :p

The Antec Three Hundred Illusion has only 2 x USB 2.0 Top mounted I/O ports.

If you really want USB 3.0 front accessible ports you'll have to get another case that actually has them.