Is there a market for AT era components? (Move if necessary)

Softdrink 117

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
As it says in the title, if this is in the wrong area please (re)move it. It isn't technically an offer yet, otherwise it'd be in the classifieds. Please forgive me if this has already been asked.

Basically, I found an old Baby AT full tower in my garage. I may have plans for the case, but the internals are absolutely useless to me. However, I'm almost certain the system still works (though it's been a long time since it was actually turned on).

My question, then, is this: Is there a market (other than ebay and antique-type places) for AT era internal components?

A brief search via google gave me few answers, and I thought a more knowledgeable community might be able to help.

A cursory glance through the system shows four PCI cards, a fullsize (aka enormous) AT PSU, a 5.25" HDD, what looks like an old-fashioned 5.25" ODD, and of course the Baby AT board itself. The case was assembled by a certain "Rose Hill Systems"-- a company which either no longer exists or has no internet presence. I can easily get more information by inspecting the thing in much more detail, but I thought it'd be better to ask if it was even worth my time to do so.

Thanks in advance for any help/responses.

Solution
AT hasn't been used since 1997. I highly, highly doubt there is any kind of market for that kind of hardware considering I've seen Pentium 4 system being given away for free. The only thing really to do with it is recycle it at this point.

runswindows95

Distinguished
AT hasn't been used since 1997. I highly, highly doubt there is any kind of market for that kind of hardware considering I've seen Pentium 4 system being given away for free. The only thing really to do with it is recycle it at this point.

Solution

Softdrink 117

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

Actually, I misspoke when I typed the initial post and only just noticed it. The Pci cards are fullsize, not the PSU (it's just plain huge).

The difference is that although they theoretically use the same software interface, the physical connection between the mobo and the cards is radically different from anything available today. PCI interface the way we think of it (IE the PCI slots on modern mobos) actually used to use a much larger connector system, and cards from the AT era won't fit into modern slots even though the interface is theoretically the same.

Plus they're all like a foot long and the thing doesn't even have onboard audio except a mini-speaker >.<
It's all completely incompatible, and completely outdated.

Thanks for the thought though, I appreciate any input I can get.