Netgear N300 Wireless PCI Adapter Not Working

sscannon

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2010
I just bought my 3rd wireless adapter for my desktop. It is a Netgear N300 WN311B PCI.

If I use the Netgear Smart Wizard, I get "limited or no connectivity." If I use Windows Zero, I can connect, but I get a low signal and a speed of 26 Mbps, but my browser, skype etc does not work. Basically I do not have internet.

I've tried Winsock fix, to no avail. I'm running Windows XP. The router is a Belkin Wireless N.

My laptop connects fine to this router with a strong signal, along with my 3 roommates' laptops.

This is driving me insane. I've had nothing but problems trying to get this desktop to connect wirelessly without issue with 3 different cards now. Do not want to give up on another one. Please help.

Firstly, stick with WZC because M$ spits its dummy out if it isn't in control. Click on View Wireless Networks and Change Advanced Settings then Configure and run through the options and change, if you can, the Channel setting either to automatic or roaming or whichever the router is broadcasting on. That should improve the signal and allow you online. [/#000ff]