Will Virus-Protection Hurt Gameplay Performance?

Solution
depends on the anti-virus used. some use more resources than others while others will try and scan every file that is loaded while you play.
most of the better 1s have a gaming mode of 1 sort or another.
some will ask you to manually select it while others that tend to use less resources will just happily sit back and let you play without interfering.
anti-viruses that arnt particularly game friendly are avg and norton while kaspersky is the gamers choice. well at least in my experienced. (most of my old clan use it)

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Hi Bigtrev.

Computers have become so much more powerful that Anti-virus software will only ever affect gaming performance when you run a scan while playing a game

So no, it will not hurt performance in a noticeable way at all.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008

Please disregard that post, the answer is based on an actual virus, and not the software used to remove it.
It was probably an accident.

depends on the anti-virus used. some use more resources than others while others will try and scan every file that is loaded while you play.
most of the better 1s have a gaming mode of 1 sort or another.
some will ask you to manually select it while others that tend to use less resources will just happily sit back and let you play without interfering.
anti-viruses that arnt particularly game friendly are avg and norton while kaspersky is the gamers choice. well at least in my experienced. (most of my old clan use it)

Solution

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished

Even HEX agrees!