I would not be unhappy if you actually went out and bought one.
Using the SATA 6GB/s controller with works fine is what you'd do probably anyway.
And the 3GB/s failure mode is gradual, over time.
Likely you'd get a couple months of good use out of a hot system before you'd have to deal with a recall/replacement of the motherboard.
Thanks for the explenation guys. I'm pretty sad to see this.. Was waiting for Sandy Bridge CPU's to come out and now this happens.. Ah well..
How about if i downgraded this setup to another mobo and another CPU - was thinking about
mobo: ASUS P7P55D
CPU: Intel Core i5-760
Would there be a lot of difference in gaming? (are the mobo and CPU mentioned above compatible with my original setup parts?)
I really would WR2 but my budget is pretty strict and i can't afford to buy faulty parts (i won't be able to replace them). And another con is that I'm already a month without a PC, my exams finish in a week and I doubt I can wait till April so that they fix their problems..
Again, would there be a lot of difference in gaming?
Mate, u make me cry a little on the inside..
Guess I'll research a little further and hopefully come up with a solution. Anyhow, are other components from my original setup compatible with that p55 mobo and i5 760 CPU?
Ok, so I made a further research and if I understood right only 5-15% of mobos that are already out might have this fault. So I decided to go with my orginal build, since I'm feeling lucky cross your fingers mate and hope that I don't get one of those 5-15%. I'll do the same thing. If anything goes wrong I still have a 2-year warranty, so they'll be bound to fix/replace the mobo.