Canon 1D - Changing owners name for EXIF data

Last response: in Digital Camera
February 1, 2005 7:58:13 AM

Hi folks,
I have just bought a used 1D and while scrolling through the EXIF data
attached to each photo I see that the previous owners name is listed.
I cannot find anything in the manual or find the relevant field in the
menu's that covers it.

Anyone know where this data field lurks?

I am very pleased with the quality of the pictures - coming from
Frontier scanned negs and an Olympus P&S digital camera.
The only downside is that the muscles in my right arm will need to be
boosted to cope with the extra weight!

Thanks,
Allan
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 7:58:14 AM

Allan Sheppard wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I have just bought a used 1D and while scrolling through the EXIF
data
> attached to each photo I see that the previous owners name is listed.
> I cannot find anything in the manual or find the relevant field in
the
> menu's that covers it.
>
> Anyone know where this data field lurks?

http://www.oreillynet.com/cs/user/view/cs_msg/12909
---snip---
It has to be done in Canon Remote Capture (installed together with Zoom
Browser). On the menu at the top, you will see Camera. It will reveal
Camera Setting and if clicked, a dialog box will be shown. At the top,
you will see Owner Name. Fill in as you like and all your photos taken
in future will have your name in EXIF data. This will ensure that your
name always stay with the photo. Hope this helps.
---snip---
Will try it today when I go home in the evening.

- Siddhartha
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 12:02:45 AM

On 31 Jan 2005 22:28:01 -0800, "Siddhartha Jain"
<losttoy2000@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>Allan Sheppard wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>> I have just bought a used 1D and while scrolling through the EXIF
>data
>> attached to each photo I see that the previous owners name is listed.
>> I cannot find anything in the manual or find the relevant field in
>the
>> menu's that covers it.
>>
>> Anyone know where this data field lurks?
>>

>http://www.oreillynet.com/cs/user/view/cs_msg/12909
>---snip---
>It has to be done in Canon Remote Capture (installed together with Zoom
>Browser). On the menu at the top, you will see Camera. It will reveal
>Camera Setting and if clicked, a dialog box will be shown. At the top,
>you will see Owner Name. Fill in as you like and all your photos taken
>in future will have your name in EXIF data. This will ensure that your
>name always stay with the photo. Hope this helps.
>---snip---
>Will try it today when I go home in the evening.
>

>- Siddhartha

Dear Siddhartha,
Yup, changed the name in Remote Capture.

Thanks for the info.

Good shooting

Allan
Related resources
February 5, 2005 1:40:17 PM

I installed the french version of Zoom Browser and it works also on my 10D
and my S400, the only thing is the box where the name of the owner goes is
labelled "heure et date" (time and date). I found this after some heavy
head scratching and a good sleep.

Jean

"Siddhartha Jain" <losttoy2000@yahoo.co.uk> a écrit dans le message de
> Allan Sheppard wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> > I have just bought a used 1D and while scrolling through the EXIF
> data
> > attached to each photo I see that the previous owners name is listed.
> > I cannot find anything in the manual or find the relevant field in
> the
> > menu's that covers it.
> >
> > Anyone know where this data field lurks?
> >

> http://www.oreillynet.com/cs/user/view/cs_msg/12909
> ---snip---
> It has to be done in Canon Remote Capture (installed together with Zoom
> Browser). On the menu at the top, you will see Camera. It will reveal
> Camera Setting and if clicked, a dialog box will be shown. At the top,
> you will see Owner Name. Fill in as you like and all your photos taken
> in future will have your name in EXIF data. This will ensure that your
> name always stay with the photo. Hope this helps.
> ---snip---
> Will try it today when I go home in the evening.
>

> - Siddhartha

Anonymous
February 6, 2005 4:01:00 AM

Allan Sheppard wrote:
> Yup, changed the name in Remote Capture.
>
> Thanks for the info.

Worked for me too :)  Changed it day before.

- Siddhartha
!