tlg91

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
straight to the point then, my system crashes when i play games the sound starts to skip and slowely gets worse then it freezes and i get a blue screen (i will paste the error codes at the end), but the wierd thing is if i start my system in safe mode then back in normal it wont do it and i can play for as long as i like no problems also after the crash it wont do it.

it has done this since the day i bought it and i have tried completley wiping my HDD and also reseting my mobo. im completely stumped, my brother suggested flashing my BIOS and getting that up to date as it might be something to do with the voltage.

this is the error report i got when i logged back on

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 101
BCP1: 0000000000000019
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFF88002F64180
BCP4: 0000000000000002
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\020511-33789-01.dmp
C:\Windows\Temp\WER-62930-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

pinaklonkar

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2010
If the system is under warranty, the dealer would just give you a quicker solution. In either case, you would have to go to the dealer for parts, etc.

I have never heard of iPower motherboard and FSP750 power supply. Sounds crappy to my ears to begin with. So ask the dealer what they can do about this problem. If you are out of support window, do the following -

a) Does it only happen when you are playing games? Sounds like an overheating issue to me but then you are able to play after you come out of a safe mode. So there is something else going on. Please monitor temperatures for your graphics card using a gadget, I forget its name but search for "GPU temperature monitor gadget" on the internet.

b) Are you able to open the case? If yes, just do a visual inspection. I am unsure about your technical understanding of computers, so if you don't know much, ask a friend or search on the internet (YouTube). See if there are any obvious flaws visible to eyes. I know it is difficult to look for something when you don't know what.

c) Your RAM can be at fault. If you have a Windows 7 bootable disc, go through the windows repair option and do memtest (memory test) with each module of your memory in and running the test for an hour or so, same for the next chip. See if you get any errors. This is a time taking test.

d) Can you post the actual dump code in words if you get the blue screen again? e.g. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

e) Make sure all the connections are made correctly inside the case e.g. motherboard should have two connections from your power supply. Make sure your graphics card has its power connections from your PSU if it needs any. Make sure your memory chips are COMPATIBLE to your motherboard - read the manuals, they'll give you a list of memory models compatible.

ipo2011

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2011
Hi,

I have exact the same problem with the same hardware (ipower g5630 - since day 1). Same problem with Vista and Windows 7.
Short time after powering on, the sound begins to stutter and the system reboots. If I power on the PC and reboot immediately after the login screen appears, no problems at all.

Any news on this issue?

Cheers

tlg91

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010

finally someone with the same problem, now i know its not just me and this is deffinetly packard bells poor products.

sorry i haven't found any solution apart from starting in safe mode then back into normal mode, but now we know it is packard bells product we should ring packard bell and get this sorted, i have rang before and i get through to the same useless people who don't know real technical stuff so they always just tell me to complete format from bios ( which is bulls**t ) so now we can say we know people with same same problem and same model and its not just a one off being a little funny.

if you find anything out in the time being let me know please, thanks

tlg91

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010

i would just like to update you on this situation if your still having the problem, i ended up buying a new motherboard, a nice new shiny gigabyte :D. anyway this seems to have fixed or got rid of the issue so it seems to me that the problem was due to the only packard bell item in the pc, the motherboard.

i will be sending packard bell an email telling them what i have done and what was causing the problem just to see what they say!

ipo2011

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2011
[Hi,

thanks for your update

Yes, the motherboard seems to be one problem.
I brought the system back to the reseller and they send it to PB for repair. PB changed the motherboard. I think it is the same model but probably a later release. I do not have the problem with the sound and the system is more stable now, but

still problems when initializing the system - sometime the BIOS does not recognize my drives and sometimes they disappear from the running system. So another suggestion is the power supply that could cause the problems.

I sent it to PB for a second time but they answered that they could not find any problems. My system is under warranty until august and so I'll keep on testing ;-)

Btw. what model is your new MB?

Cheers.