My hd 5670 doesnt work on 945gct-hm

coolbema

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010
Hello,
when i install the card after switching on computer no display just says"monitor going to sleep". i changed settings to pci-e default but even no difference. loaded new Bios driver not helped. 400w psu enough. is it pci-e 2.0 slot problem?

wiinippongamer

Distinguished
If the card is a PCIE 2.1 and NOT PCIE 2.0 then it's most likely just that.

If the card is PCIE 2.0 then either the card came deffective or you forgot to plug the 6-pin power connector(if any)

coolbema

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010
yes card is 2.1..but is says on ATI site that card is compatible with any pci-e slot. there is no extra connector just M/b power is enough. Is there any solution or do i hve to return the card? what if i go for nvidia gt240 ?
thanx

cheesesubs

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009

maybe the the board bios is too old? anyway this happens on all amd card that try to install on older chipset. to be honest, anything older than 690x/g31 are dead end for newer amd pcie card. however it never happen on nvidia card....pretty strange..

someone is going to fight me with "i can install 470 agp on my p4 platform.."unless it's agp interface that board cmos can recognize the agp bridge chip. there's NO WAY on pcie because the limitation of chipset and bios.

try to flash the newer bios and see the answer.

wiinippongamer

Distinguished
There are no PCIE 2.1 cards from nvidia yet, Even the brand spankin' new gtx570 is only PCIE 2.0, there are known compatibility issues when using a PCIE 2.1 card on a first gen PCIE mobo, 2.1 is just a stepping before PCIE 3.0

Sorry but you'll have to return it, and get a 2.0 card.