i want to know the power drow of the componets of the system unit
because i've read the important of the power supply in the system unit in the recent TH article.
i know how to look for the power draw of the CPU and graphic card because they are described everywhere.
but other componets are not know. so plz give me rough idea of the power comsumption in W.
1. 3.5" hard disk
2. 2.5" hard disk
3. 1GB DDR 2
4. 2gb ddr 2
5. 1 gb ddr 3
6. 2 gb ddr 3
7. dvd Rw drive
9. mother board (if differ between micro ATX and ATX and different chipset, plz let me know)
i don't mean the exact figure of the power draw but just approximate one because i can add each of the all componets to calculate the total system power draw.
1. 3.5" Hard disks --- <12 Watts
2. 2.5" Hard disks --- <3 Watts
3. 1 GB DDR2 module --- 8 Watts per module (10 if you overclock)
4. 2 GB DDR2 module --- 8 Watts per module (10 if you overclock)
5. 1 GB DDR3 module --- 8 Watts per module (10 if you overclock)
6. 2 GB DDR3 module --- 8 Watts per module (10 if you overclock)
7. DVD Drive --- <20 Watts (during buring)
8. Case fans --- 10 to 15 Watts depending on size and speed
9. Motherboard --- Depends on the motherboard (20 tp 40 Watts)
Please keep in mind that the system power draw will fluctuate. And I don't see the CPU in your list. The CPU power draw is not included in mtherboard power, and is different among different CPUs, and increases if the CPU is overclocked. (Will be listed in the CPU specs).