Core i7 930 erratic performance

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Performance
  • Intel i7
  • 3D
Last response: in CPUs
May 8, 2011 12:20:03 PM

Hi I'm running an i7 930 at stock clocks with turbo boost on. When running 3d mark 11 at the performance settings I notice that my physics score can vary quite a lot. I was previously getting a score of around 6500 each time however now the average seems to about 6100 going down to 5900 at times. Each time I run 3d mark there are no other programs running. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing the performance drop?

More about : core 930 erratic performance

a b à CPUs
May 8, 2011 12:56:55 PM

Sometimes GPU driver update or other Windows update can affect that drop performance you experience.
m
l
a c 80 à CPUs
May 8, 2011 6:28:28 PM

Turn OFF the turbo feature and check at stock clocks.. Then manually overclock your processor to some value (for ex. 3.4 GHz) and check again.. See if you find a consistent performance (or score) difference..
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 8, 2011 6:35:58 PM

sgs2008 said:
Hi I'm running an i7 930 at stock clocks with turbo boost on. When running 3d mark 11 at the performance settings I notice that my physics score can vary quite a lot. I was previously getting a score of around 6500 each time however now the average seems to about 6100 going down to 5900 at times. Each time I run 3d mark there are no other programs running. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing the performance drop?

Some drivers or software that is installed often dont allow you to try to "bench" hardware.
Yes i know some people wouldnt agree with me but i really dont think there is anything wrong with your hardware.
m
l