Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How do I check my stream processors?

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Stream Processor
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 9, 2010 12:25:51 AM

I just bought a hd6850 (I need to RMA though :cry: ) but I heard that the can be shipped with 1120 shader units instead of 960. Where on my card can I find how many shader units there are? I looked it GPU-Z, MSI Afterburner, and ATI Catalyst Control Center.

P.S. Meant to say on post name shader units not stream processors. I am not trying to be difficult.

More about : check stream processors

December 9, 2010 3:54:38 AM

HostileDonut said:
I just bought a hd6850 (I need to RMA though :cry: ) but I heard that the can be shipped with 1120 shader units instead of 960. Where on my card can I find how many shader units there are? I looked it GPU-Z, MSI Afterburner, and ATI Catalyst Control Center.

P.S. Meant to say on post name shader units not stream processors. I am not trying to be difficult.


Ummm its right on GPU-z Labeled ''Shaders'' between ROPs and Pixel Filltrate and be sure to have the latest GPU-z (GPU-z 0.4.9)

I have the XFX HD6850 and it shows that i have 960 Shaders
m
0
l
December 9, 2010 4:00:11 AM

Okay, I will get the latest. Thank you.
m
0
l
December 9, 2010 4:20:28 AM

Didn't work. :( 
m
0
l
December 9, 2010 3:51:59 PM

Oh, okay. I was looking at the bottom where it talks about the core clock and stuff. Why does it have two sections for shaders? One just says shaders and the other says shaders unified.
m
0
l
December 9, 2010 4:07:47 PM

Those 6850's with 1120 shaders were models "mistakenly" sent to reviewers at the beginning. Low and behold, the 6850 had unusually great performance in those reviews. After this "mistake" was identified, AMD replaced the cards with the proper stock versions with 960 shaders. Review sites then invalidated the original results and then re-tested. If you can get one with 1120 shaders, that would be great, but I'm not sure they are on sale.
m
0
l
December 9, 2010 5:35:31 PM

I noticed the 6850 that timmy posted runs at a slightly less clock and memory MHz then mine does, and I've been having some issues with game crashes if I leave my settings at default, but they work fine if I lower it down 15% or so. Should I just leave it at a lower setting or return it do you guys think? More specs here.

m
0
l
December 10, 2010 10:08:53 AM

DigitalSignalX said:
I noticed the 6850 that timmy posted runs at a slightly less clock and memory MHz then mine does, and I've been having some issues with game crashes if I leave my settings at default, but they work fine if I lower it down 15% or so. Should I just leave it at a lower setting or return it do you guys think? More specs here.

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/10/12/09/3pw.png

Well i cant push my card pass 825Mhz on core w/o a crash or a volt mod witch i refuse to do and the memory i got to 1150Mhz with no problem for about 2 days so if i where you i would just replace it with the proper specs cause you shouldn't have to down clock to run stable.......
m
0
l
December 10, 2010 4:00:39 PM

Timmy, I know this does not have anything to do with what we were talking about, but you have 2 Call of Duty MW2 and BO. What are they?
m
0
l
December 10, 2010 4:33:58 PM

HostileDonut said:
Timmy, I know this does not have anything to do with what we were talking about, but you have 2 Call of Duty MW2 and BO. What are they?

There are two MW2 icons and two Bo icons because one is for single player and other is for multiplayer.
m
0
l
December 10, 2010 5:15:12 PM

Oh, when I get Bo Will that happen with me too, or did you set it up that way?
m
0
l
!