edgaraslt

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2011
I've bought scythe katana 3 for my hot 955 phenom,but it didn't fullfiled my expectations. Still my phenom runs 38c idle and going up to 60c on load. I guess it's because of my case. So I'm looking for a new one.

As there will be my second case for a two months I haven't got much money to spend, so I'm very interested in antec two hudnred. Any opinions or suggests? As I saw all coolermaster cases that costs almost the same as antec 200 hasn't got many coolers included. Antec tho has 140mm and 120mm fans included.

my current case is gigabyte gz pc.

edgaraslt

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2011
Two hundred comes with two fans also as antec three hundred. 140mm and 120mm.

I saw both of cases runing, and two hunred looked like a bit more silent than a three hunred.

I think they are pretty much the same chassis with different plastic, but like I said the 200 is a good choice. I should have been more clear when I was talking about my Antec 300 - it is an Antec 300 Illusion which comes with the 2 front 120mm. I would recommend it, however I don't think it is in stock at Newegg (if that is where you are shopping). If it is in stock where you are shopping and it is only $10-15 more I would recommend it at the 2 front fans help some. With all the fans on low, the computer is cool and quiet.

You can get the Elite 430 or the HAF 912, also Rosewill Challenger but the case will have little impact on your CPU temps. First go in the BIOS and set the CPU voltage to 1.20-1.25V and check again the temps.

edgaraslt

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2011
room is about 20c maybe lower,.

I havent tried heavy load performance like prime 95 with stock cooler,but when playing games like mafia2 @ stock clocks sometimes it reached 62c and usualy stood at 59-60. Ofc rpm's were awful like 4k. But I kept my case with a closed side.

Now with a new heatsink prime 95 @3,4ghz runs smoothly at 58c with a case open, but when I close the side of it temperatures goes to 62-65c.

vcore voltage is 1.264v. but software on windows shows that it's a 1.3v or 1.35v

to change voltage I must raise overvoltage setting in bios?

walterm

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2010
The Scythe Kantana 3 is not a powerful cooler, The Scythe Ninja 3 is. I would carefully reinstall the Katana with fresh thermal paste.
If that doesn't help its time to shop for a higher rated cooler.
Does the Katana mount so it blows air from front to back or down to up. Down to up without an opening, or a top fan may be the problem.

edgaraslt

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2011
I've RMA'ed my case and have ordered antec,because gigabyte was defected so I asked if they could change it to any other case and they have agreed. I have choosen antec because it comes with 2fans included,none of the CM's have it.

Scythe is blowing air from front to back.
I know that katana isn't powerful cooler,but it's more powerful than a tx3 and way more powerful than a stock, but it performs almost the same and sometimes worse.

I know how to lower voltage ,but I can't find where to do it. I've find that I can lower OVERVOLTAGE,but not the voltage. Someone could tell me step by step how to find voltage lower option. :) thanks

edgaraslt

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2011
Now I'm idling at 33-34 load goes up to 58c and stays about 54-56c 3,2ghz@1.35v. Also I've bought coolermaster thermal grease,so later on I've try it out and maybe temps will drop even more. :)

I'll try to reach 30c idle and up to 55c load. Because my gf's build with a stock fan and the same case does even better. Dunno if I have very hot room or what.

p.s. amazing temp drop at my psu, when it was at the top of the case it was red-hot,now it's simply cool.

edgaraslt

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2011
I've got a question (yep,another one). When I installed mobo on antec two hundred I had to remove backplate where holes of motherboard outputs are. like in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1x39iaMg1M 5:38, because it wouldn't fit with my mobo.

Anyone else ever had to do it? I don't like that now there are holes around outputs at the back of my build

blinding

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2011

Are you talking about the I/O plate where the keyboard, network, and USB plug in? A matching plate is supposed to come with the motherboard.

walterm

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2010
The case comes with a "filler" obsolete generic I/O shield. I wish they would update to most popular, lol. These usually date back to P4 era..

TRENDING THREADS