password on bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

how can i brake bios password in TOSHIBA TECRA

TOSHIBA
500 CDT / 1,3GB
MODEL NO. PA1221E YX

--
panel.4.pl - startowka zrobiona do kafejki internetowej w której pracuje
www.zsoft.prv.pl - darmowe programy w sieci, najlepsze w danej kategorii

zlotowinfo wrote:
> how can i brake bios password in TOSHIBA TECRA

Use a hammer!

--
James

ceebee

"JHEM" <James@ESAD.SPAMMERS.thinkpads.com> wrote in
comp.sys.laptops:

> zlotowinfo wrote:
>> how can i brake bios password in TOSHIBA TECRA
>
> Use a hammer!

No, a BIOS password brake pedal.

--
CeeBee

"I don't know half of you
half as well as I should like;
and I like less than half of you
half as well as you deserve."

JustMe

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2003

You might try here: http://labmice.techtarget.com/articles/BIOS_hack.htm

"zlotowinfo" <adminciejejeje@jejejego2.pl> wrote in message
how can i brake bios password in TOSHIBA TECRA

TOSHIBA
500 CDT / 1,3GB
MODEL NO. PA1221E YX

--
panel.4.pl - startowka zrobiona do kafejki internetowej w której pracuje
www.zsoft.prv.pl - darmowe programy w sieci, najlepsze w danej kategorii

>> how can i brake bios password in TOSHIBA TECRA
>> TOSHIBA
>> 500 CDT / 1,3GB
>> MODEL NO. PA1221E YX
> You might try here: http://labmice.techtarget.com/articles/BIOS_hack.htm
is in this notebooks batteries for cmos?
i cant this method clear bios

--
panel.4.pl - startowka zrobiona do kafejki internetowej w której pracuje
www.zsoft.prv.pl - darmowe programy w sieci, najlepsze w danej kategorii

Removing the batteries will not clear passwords in Toshiba computers,
or, for that matter, in almost any modern computer. Back in the early
1990's, passwords were stored in battery backed up memory, but since the
mid 1990's, they have been stored in Flash memory almost exclusively.

zlotowinfo wrote:
>>>how can i brake bios password in TOSHIBA TECRA
>>>TOSHIBA
>>>500 CDT / 1,3GB
>>>MODEL NO. PA1221E YX
>>
>>You might try here: http://labmice.techtarget.com/articles/BIOS_hack.htm
>
> is in this notebooks batteries for cmos?
> i cant this method clear bios

budgie

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 10:55:30 +0100, "zlotowinfo" <adminciejejeje@jejejego2.pl>
wrote:

>>> how can i brake bios password in TOSHIBA TECRA
>>> TOSHIBA
>>> 500 CDT / 1,3GB
>>> MODEL NO. PA1221E YX
>> You might try here: http://labmice.techtarget.com/articles/BIOS_hack.htm
>is in this notebooks batteries for cmos?
>i cant this method clear bios

If you can boot to a floppy, get KILLCMOS

>>> You might try here: http://labmice.techtarget.com/articles/BIOS_hack.htm
>>is in this notebooks batteries for cmos?
>>i cant this method clear bios
> If you can boot to a floppy, get KILLCMOS

i can't - without flop
password is faster then boot

--

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 19:07:35 +0100, "zlotowinfo" <adminciejejeje@jejejego2.pl>
wrote:

>>>is in this notebooks batteries for cmos?
>>>i cant this method clear bios
>> If you can boot to a floppy, get KILLCMOS
>
>i can't - without flop
>password is faster then boot

There are Toshibas where it can be cleared with a dongle on the parallel port.
Do a google search on Toshiba password parallel and you may locate the info.

You did say BIOS apssword, not boot password. Which is it? If it is BIOS pswd
then you can boot. If you can boot then any drive will let you access and
execute KILLCMOS.

Did you think a computer boots from the harddrive without a BIOS?

You're almost as big an idiot as Billy (part number) Smith

"budgie" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 19:07:35 +0100, "zlotowinfo"
<adminciejejeje@jejejego2.pl>

http://labmice.techtarget.com/articles/BIOS_hack.htm
> >> If you can boot to a floppy, get KILLCMOS
> >
> >i can't - without flop
> >password is faster then boot
>
> There are Toshibas where it can be cleared with a dongle on the parallel
port.
> Do a google search on Toshiba password parallel and you may locate the
info.

> You did say BIOS apssword, not boot password. Which is it? If it is BIOS
pswd
> then you can boot. If you can boot then any drive will let you access and
> execute KILLCMOS.

budgie

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 23:07:43 -0500, "t@z" <t@z@go.fuk.yurself> wrote:

>"budgie" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 19:07:35 +0100, "zlotowinfo"
><adminciejejeje@jejejego2.pl>

>http://labmice.techtarget.com/articles/BIOS_hack.htm
>> >
>> >i can't - without flop
>> >password is faster then boot
>>
>> There are Toshibas where it can be cleared with a dongle on the parallel
>port.
>> Do a google search on Toshiba password parallel and you may locate the
>info.
>>
>> You did say BIOS apssword, not boot password. Which is it? If it is BIOS
>pswd
>> then you can boot. If you can boot then any drive will let you access and
>> execute KILLCMOS.

>Did you think a computer boots from the harddrive without a BIOS?
>
>You're almost as big an idiot as Billy (part number) Smith

WTF are you on (about)?

If the O/P's machine has a BIOS password, it prevents BIOS access. It doesn't
prevent the BIOS booting the machine.

I made no reference to HDD's that I am aware of.

When you have a clue about these things, feel welcome to post again. Until
then, .............

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:47:57 +0800, budgie <me@privacy.net> wrote:

:>On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 23:07:43 -0500, "t@z" <t@z@go.fuk.yurself> wrote:
:>
:>>"budgie" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
:>>news:dpfs31plgj4tc34aacfv91t69dkutj207c@4ax.com...
:>>> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 19:07:35 +0100, "zlotowinfo"
:>><adminciejejeje@jejejego2.pl>
:>>> wrote:
:>>>
:>>> >>>>> how can i brake bios password in TOSHIBA TECRA
:>>> >>>>> TOSHIBA
:>>> >>>>> 500 CDT / 1,3GB
:>>> >>>>> MODEL NO. PA1221E YX
:>>> >>>> You might try here:
:>>http://labmice.techtarget.com/articles/BIOS_hack.htm
:>>> >>>is in this notebooks batteries for cmos?
:>>> >>>i cant this method clear bios
:>>> >> If you can boot to a floppy, get KILLCMOS
:>>> >
:>>> >i can't - without flop
:>>> >password is faster then boot
:>>>
:>>> There are Toshibas where it can be cleared with a dongle on the parallel
:>>port.
:>>> Do a google search on Toshiba password parallel and you may locate the
:>>info.
:>>>
:>>> You did say BIOS apssword, not boot password. Which is it? If it is BIOS
:>>pswd
:>>> then you can boot. If you can boot then any drive will let you access and
:>>> execute KILLCMOS.
:>
:>>Did you think a computer boots from the harddrive without a BIOS?
:>>
:>>You're almost as big an idiot as Billy (part number) Smith
:>
:>WTF are you on (about)?
:>
:>If the O/P's machine has a BIOS password, it prevents BIOS access. It doesn't
:>prevent the BIOS booting the machine.
:>
:>I made no reference to HDD's that I am aware of.
:>
:>When you have a clue about these things, feel welcome to post again. Until
:>then, .............

Just to correct your mistake here the OP has a Toshiba Tecra 500. On that
model and most other Toshiba built laptops the BIOS password prevents ANY
access to the computer. No hard drive access and no floppy drive access and
no setup access. Some newer models support both a Supervisor password that
is needed to access the BIOS setup only and a User password that is required
to access the computer for any reason including booting from a floppy drive
or hard drive.

Now when you have a clue....

me/2

budgie

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 18:24:18 GMT, me/2 <null@127.0.0.1> wrote:

>On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:47:57 +0800, budgie <me@privacy.net> wrote:
>
>:>On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 23:07:43 -0500, "t@z" <t@z@go.fuk.yurself> wrote:
>:>
>:>>"budgie" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>:>>news:dpfs31plgj4tc34aacfv91t69dkutj207c@4ax.com...
>:>>> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 19:07:35 +0100, "zlotowinfo"
>:>><adminciejejeje@jejejego2.pl>
>:>>> wrote:
>:>>>
>:>>> >>>>> how can i brake bios password in TOSHIBA TECRA
>:>>> >>>>> TOSHIBA
>:>>> >>>>> 500 CDT / 1,3GB
>:>>> >>>>> MODEL NO. PA1221E YX
>:>>> >>>> You might try here:
>:>>http://labmice.techtarget.com/articles/BIOS_hack.htm
>:>>> >>>is in this notebooks batteries for cmos?
>:>>> >>>i cant this method clear bios
>:>>> >> If you can boot to a floppy, get KILLCMOS
>:>>> >
>:>>> >i can't - without flop
>:>>> >password is faster then boot
>:>>>
>:>>> There are Toshibas where it can be cleared with a dongle on the parallel
>:>>port.
>:>>> Do a google search on Toshiba password parallel and you may locate the
>:>>info.
>:>>>
>:>>> You did say BIOS apssword, not boot password. Which is it? If it is BIOS
>:>>pswd
>:>>> then you can boot. If you can boot then any drive will let you access and
>:>>> execute KILLCMOS.
>:>
>:>>Did you think a computer boots from the harddrive without a BIOS?
>:>>
>:>>You're almost as big an idiot as Billy (part number) Smith
>:>
>:>WTF are you on (about)?
>:>
>:>If the O/P's machine has a BIOS password, it prevents BIOS access. It doesn't
>:>prevent the BIOS booting the machine.
>:>
>:>I made no reference to HDD's that I am aware of.
>:>
>:>When you have a clue about these things, feel welcome to post again. Until
>:>then, .............
>
>Just to correct your mistake here the OP has a Toshiba Tecra 500. On that
>model and most other Toshiba built laptops the BIOS password prevents ANY
>access to the computer. No hard drive access and no floppy drive access and
>no setup access.

Then it is a BOOT password, isn't it? Not a BIOS password. If you refer to my
second post you'll notice I asked the O/P:

"You did say BIOS apssword, not boot password. Which is it?"

Never saw an answer to that.

>Some newer models support both a Supervisor password that
>is needed to access the BIOS setup only and a User password that is required
>to access the computer for any reason including booting from a floppy drive
>or hard drive.

which is what many types of laptops do. Not being a Tecra 500 owner I was
trying to find out just what the password was blocking. See above.

>Now when you have a clue....

Have plenty, but thanks for your deep and genuine concern.

budgie

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 22:56:30 -0500, <EuntyJerk@webtv.net> wrote:

>A child did do better than you.

Typical top-posting yank tosser.