Lewis Lang STOLE my images, What shall I do?

Last response: in Digital Camera
February 1, 2005 3:13:02 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography (More info?)

New Jersey photographer Lewis Lang stole my images and sold them for
profit. What can I do about this?
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 4:01:44 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm (More info?)

Ben Rum wrote:
> "graham.drabble@lineone.net" <graham.drabble@lineone.zzn.com> wrote
in
> message news:1107245582.458834.26400@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> > New Jersey photographer Lewis Lang stole my images and sold them
for
> > profit. What can I do about this?
> >

> Do no research at all and post your cries for help on usenet.
> That'll get the ball rolling.

Ben, he's trolling. And this was posted quite some time ago and was
much... er... debated... at the time.
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 6:02:22 AM

graham.drabble@lineone.net wrote:

> New Jersey photographer Lewis Lang stole my images and sold them for
> profit. What can I do about this?

Ritual suicide seems a viable option.

--
Eric Schreiber
www.ericschreiber.com

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm (More info?)

"graham.drabble@lineone.net" <graham.drabble@lineone.zzn.com> wrote in
message news:1107245582.458834.26400@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> New Jersey photographer Lewis Lang stole my images and sold them for
> profit. What can I do about this?

Do no research at all and post your cries for help on usenet.
That'll get the ball rolling.
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 11:59:40 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm (More info?)

Graham Drabble dribbles:

>New Jersey photographer Lewis Lang stole my images and sold them for
>profit. What can I do about this?

If you can prove they're yours, call a lawyer. If you can't, your ass is his
for libel.

Charlie Self
"They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some
kind of federal program." George W. Bush, St. Charles, Missouri, November 2,
2000
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 12:28:08 PM

"Chadwick" <chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Ben Rum wrote:
> >
> > Do no research at all and post your cries for help on usenet.
> > That'll get the ball rolling.
>
> Ben, he's trolling. And this was posted quite some time ago and was
> much... er... debated... at the time.

Oh yeah, so he is.. But you know how it is when ya gets all trigger happy
and replys with some smart arsed comment before realising you're taking the
bait!! :-)
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 12:31:33 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm (More info?)

Unless you can prove tht they are yours, there is nothing yoiu can do!!!

"graham.drabble@lineone.net" <graham.drabble@lineone.zzn.com> wrote in
message news:1107245582.458834.26400@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> New Jersey photographer Lewis Lang stole my images and sold them for
> profit. What can I do about this?

Anonymous
February 1, 2005 3:20:33 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm (More info?)

On 1 Feb 2005 00:13:02 -0800, "graham.drabble@lineone.net"
<graham.drabble@lineone.zzn.com> wrote:

>New Jersey photographer Lewis Lang stole my images and sold them for
>profit. What can I do about this?

Play Russian Roulette with a semi-automatic handgun?

--
Owamanga!
Anonymous

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm (More info?)

You might try posting your question to misc.legal.moderated. They'll
want to know the circumstances: did you register your copyright, did he
(allegedly) steal film originals or digital copies, was his profit high
enough to justify going after him?
Tom Nelson
Tom Nelson Photography

In article <1107245582.458834.26400@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
<"graham.drabble@lineone.net"> wrote:

> New Jersey photographer Lewis Lang stole my images and sold them for
> profit. What can I do about this?

February 1, 2005 4:58:52 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm (More info?)

graham.drabble@lineone.net wrote:
> New Jersey photographer Lewis Lang stole my images and sold them for
> profit. What can I do about this?

Start by talking to a lawyer, if it is important enough to you to spend the money.
February 1, 2005 5:39:17 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm (More info?)

Talk to a lawyer is about the only sensible answer. It might have been a
good idea to have done that before airing your claims here.

"graham.drabble@lineone.net" <graham.drabble@lineone.zzn.com> wrote in
message news:1107245582.458834.26400@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> New Jersey photographer Lewis Lang stole my images and sold them for
> profit. What can I do about this?

Anonymous
February 1, 2005 6:54:31 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm (More info?)

"graham.drabble@lineone.net" <graham.drabble@lineone.zzn.com> wrote in
message news:1107245582.458834.26400@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> New Jersey photographer Lewis Lang stole my images and sold them for
> profit. What can I do about this?

If you have the originals, then take him to the cleaners! Don't EVER let
anyone steal your copyright.
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 7:13:00 PM

"Ben Rum" <bundyrum75@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Chadwick" <chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Ben Rum wrote:
> > >
> > > Do no research at all and post your cries for help on usenet.
> > > That'll get the ball rolling.
> >
> > Ben, he's trolling. And this was posted quite some time ago and was
> > much... er... debated... at the time.
> >

> Oh yeah, so he is.. But you know how it is when ya gets all trigger happy
> and replys with some smart arsed comment before realising you're taking
the
> bait!! :-)

One of the biggest problems of USENET is that it is available to criminals,
the insane, and small children.
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 8:02:03 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm (More info?)

In article <1107245582.458834.26400@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
"graham.drabble@lineone.net" <graham.drabble@lineone.zzn.com> wrote:

> New Jersey photographer Lewis Lang stole my images and sold them for
> profit. What can I do about this?

Sue him?
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 12:48:40 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm (More info?)

tear his lungs out and feed them to the turtles.
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 11:01:04 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm (More info?)

graham.drabble@lineone.net wrote:

<something not worth quoting>

Trolling, trolling, trolling....

Austin
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 1:34:06 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography (More info?)

["Followup-To:" header set to poster]
graham.drabble@lineone.net <graham.drabble@lineone.zzn.com> wrote:
> XXX XXXXXX photographer XXXXXXXXXX stole my images and sold them for
> profit. What can I do about this?

Go talk to a lawyer. Ask him about "libel", "defamation" and
"slander".

-Wolfgang
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 2:56:13 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm (More info?)

On 2 Feb 2005 09:48:40 -0800, "Aldo Pignotti" <aldopignotti@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>tear his lungs out and feed them to the turtles.

Notice how I include the post that I am repying to? It allows others
to see who I am addressing. Unlike your post......
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 11:09:38 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm (More info?)

"graham.drabble@lineone.net" <graham.drabble@lineone.zzn.com> wrote in
message news:1107245582.458834.26400@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> New Jersey photographer Lewis Lang stole my images and sold them for
> profit. What can I do about this?
I've been kinda lurking here because my son and I like to read what's
said...he's into photography, and I am into graphic design and phto
enhancements/repairs.
I don't know much about copyright laws, but I can tell you this, every image
that I 'make' for use outside my own home (that is to say, used by others or
on the web or by companies) is embedded with author information. Name,
date, etc.
For future reference, I suggest that you load you images onto your computer,
and digitally sign your work...it can be a great help.
I once did a web site for a business in my area, my deisgn and many of the
graphics were mine as well...
The owner of the business decided to pull some dirty underhanded stuff on
me, so I closed the web site down.
He immediately got someone to put it back up, from backup files on the
server.
I wrote him and told him that I had digitally signed and dated all material,
and I was the legal owner of that material, and that he had 24 hours to
remove my material from his web site or I would seek legal counsel.
I think it only took about two hours for him to get rid of my content, and
he never used it again.
Sign Sign Sign.
I know that doesn't help you now, but might in the future.

Anonymous
February 4, 2005 6:35:32 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography (More info?)

Also, and more importantly, copyright infringement. I'm a 'pro' and have
had a lot of problems in this field. Rather than going to a lawyer in the
first place you can check the copyright law of your country and armed with
this can quote 'the law' to the person/people infringing your rights.
Usually, handled tactfully, the person responsible will be keen to come to
some amicable arrangement - eg. the usual reproduction/usage fee plus an
amount for the infringement of your rights. If you are then not able to get
satisfaction, see a lawyer.
-Richard

"Wolfgang Weisselberg" <ozcvgtt02@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
> ["Followup-To:" header set to poster]
> graham.drabble@lineone.net <graham.drabble@lineone.zzn.com> wrote:
>> XXX XXXXXX photographer XXXXXXXXXX stole my images and sold them for
>> profit. What can I do about this?
>
> Go talk to a lawyer. Ask him about "libel", "defamation" and
> "slander".
>
> -Wolfgang
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 6:43:58 PM

>Subject: Re: Lewis Lang STOLE my images, What shall I do?
>From: "Richard \(UK\)" lukeprat@nospam.hotmail.com
>Date: Fri, Feb 4, 2005 11:35 AM
>
>Also, and more importantly, copyright infringement. I'm a 'pro'

SNIP

Yeah... not likely mr. hotmail address/troll.

In a poor atttempt to disrupt the group (yet again) the troll has now chosen me
as a target of its non-life.

Please be advised that the threads:

"Re: Stolen images by Lewis Lang - What should I do?"

and

"Re: Lewis Lang STOLE my images, What shall I do?"

and any other similarly claimed thread titles
are _prefabricated lies_ and _false accusations_ made by the "troll"
(troublemaker who makes lies/libel/etc. because he/it has no life) against me,
Lewis lang. Do not suggest it needs to get a lawyer because I never stole
his/its images nor does he/it even have a real/true identity (it posts
masquerading as various people/under false names from the anonymity of
googlegroups - look at the headers of your emails to see where the posts really
come from under X-complaints and X-trace), nor does it even have any proof
because it doesn't need proof to make a lie/false accusation, nor will it
supply any. Don't respond to its lies by suggesting it get a lawyer as no theft
has taken place. Its just saying lies about me/libeling to cause trouble. You
are being had by a liar and a defamer (the troll).

Anybody who has ideas for lawyers that I can use to prosecute this pond scum
troll would be most welcome, though ;-).

Alternatively (and/or in addition) I would appreciate suggestions for finding
out this troll's true identity (beyond its false names it gives and the
anonymity of the googlegroups source it posts from) so I can consider
prosecution for defamtion of character and libel against me. For all regulars,
please feel free to killfile the threads mentioned above and/or its troll
author rather than complain to me that you don't like me defending myself
against the lies of this troll.

Thank you very much for your help and understanding.

Check out my photos at "LEWISVISION":

http://members.aol.com/Lewisvisn/home.htm

Remove "nospam" to reply

***DUE TO SPAM, I NOW BLOCK ALL E-MAIL NOT ON MY LIST, TO BE ADDED TO MY LIST,
PING ME ON THE NEWSGROUP. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE. :-) ***
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 8:49:51 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography (More info?)

You automatically own the copyright on anything you produce whether you
register it or not. Problem is, with digital and all that, you will still
have to prove that you took the original image. I deal with this a lot in
the writing world, but how would you prove this in a digital world where
virtually every image is a clone of the next? And the only reason you can
often win in the writing world is that there is usually a paper/email trail
moving along with your work.

"Richard (UK)" <lukeprat@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Also, and more importantly, copyright infringement. I'm a 'pro' and have
> had a lot of problems in this field. Rather than going to a lawyer in the
> first place you can check the copyright law of your country and armed with
> this can quote 'the law' to the person/people infringing your rights.
> Usually, handled tactfully, the person responsible will be keen to come to
> some amicable arrangement - eg. the usual reproduction/usage fee plus an
> amount for the infringement of your rights. If you are then not able to
> get satisfaction, see a lawyer.
> -Richard
>

> "Wolfgang Weisselberg" <ozcvgtt02@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
>> ["Followup-To:" header set to poster]
>> graham.drabble@lineone.net <graham.drabble@lineone.zzn.com> wrote:
>>> XXX XXXXXX photographer XXXXXXXXXX stole my images and sold them for
>>> profit. What can I do about this?
>>
>> Go talk to a lawyer. Ask him about "libel", "defamation" and
>> "slander".
>>
>> -Wolfgang

Anonymous
February 7, 2005 5:02:13 AM

>Subject: Re: Lewis Lang STOLE my images, What shall I do?
>From: "Sheldon" sheldon@XXXXXXXXsopris.net
>Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital, rec.photo.digital.slr-systems, alt.photography
>Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 17:49:51 -0700
>

>You automatically own the copyright on anything you produce whether you
>
>register it or not. Problem is, with digital and all that, you will still
>
>have to prove that you took the original image. I deal with this a lot
>in
>the writing world, but how would you prove this in a digital world where
>
>virtually every image is a clone of the next? And the only reason you can
>
>often win in the writing world is that there is usually a paper/email trail
>
>moving along with your work.
>

>"Richard (UK)" <lukeprat@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Also, and more importantly, copyright infringement. I'm a 'pro' and have
>
>> had a lot of problems in this field. Rather than going to a lawyer in
>the
>> first place you can check the copyright law of your country and armed
>with
>> this can quote 'the law' to the person/people infringing your rights.
>
>> Usually, handled tactfully, the person responsible will be keen to come
>> some amicable arrangement - eg. the usual reproduction/usage fee plus
>an
>> amount for the infringement of your rights. If you are then not able
>> get satisfaction, see a lawyer.
>> -Richard
>>

>> "Wolfgang Weisselberg" <ozcvgtt02@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
>>> ["Followup-To:" header set to poster]
>>>
>>> Go talk to a lawyer. Ask him about "libel", "defamation" and
>>> "slander".
>>>
>>> -Wolfgang

In a poor atttempt to disrupt not only the rec.photo.equipment and rec.photo.
digital groups (yet again) - and now posting on other usenet groups falsely
under my name - the troll has now chosen me as a target of its non-life.

Please be advised that the threads:

"Re: Stolen images by Lewis Lang - What should I do?"

and

"Re: Lewis Lang STOLE my images, What shall I do?"

"Re: Drug-addict Rich Posiadlik of Portage Indiana is a junkie"

"Dallas Dahms is a racist, Mall Photographer"

and any other similarly claimed inflamatory/bigoted thread titles

as well as any questions being falsely asked in my name to rec.crafts and other
types of usenet groups are _not_ coming from me, Lewis Lang, but are
_prefabricated lies_ and _false accusations_ and/or phony (though seemingly
real/on topic) questions made by the "troll" (troublemaker who makes
lies/libel/etc. because he/it has no life) against me, Lewis Lang and/or
falsely posted as being from me or someone else, I, Lewis Lang, have not made
them.

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THESE TROLLING POSTS AS THEY BOTH CLOG UP THE
NEWSGROUP(S) AND/OR THE RESPONSES END UP BEING CROSS-POSTED TO OTHER NEWSGROUPS
AS OFF-TOPIC REPLIES/RESPONSES AND CLOG THOSE NEWSGROUPS UP.

Do not suggest it needs to get a lawyer because I never stole his/its images,
nor does it even have any proof because it doesn't need proof to make a
lie/false accusation, nor will it supply any. Nor does he/it even have a
real/true identity (it posts masquerading as various people/under false names
from the anonymity of "googlegroups".

PLEASE LOOK BEYOND THE FALSE "FROM" LINE AND LOOK AT THE HEADERS OF THE POSTS
TO SEE WHERE THE POSTS REALLY COME FROM UNDER THE SECTIONS CALLED
"X-complaints" AND "X-trace" - MY/LEWIS LANG'S POSTS COME FROM THE AOL DOMAIN,
THE TROLL'S POSTS COME FROM GOOGLEGROUPS OR SOME OTHER DOMAIN.

Don't respond to its racist/etc. libel done in my name or under the name of any
other poster. It (the troll) is a liar and a thief that tries to childishly and
very poorly imitate other's identities. These trolling posts are not from the
authors it supposedly mimicks but from some cowardly moron with no life trying
to hide beneath the rock of anonymity it partially crawled out from under.

Don't respond to its lies by suggesting it get a lawyer as no theft has taken
place. Its just saying lies about me/libeling to cause trouble. You are being
had by a liar and a defamer (the troll).

Don't respond to its questions on other (non-photographic) topics as the
replies will be cross-posted off topic onto other newsgroups.

However, anybody who has ideas for lawyers that I can use to prosecute this
pond scum troll who is posting falsely under my name would be most welcome,
though ;-).

Alternatively (and/or in addition) I would appreciate suggestions for finding
out this troll's true identity (beyond its false names it gives and the
anonymity of the googlegroups source it posts from) so I can consider
prosecution for defamation of character and libel against me, Lewis Lang. For
all regulars, please feel free to killfile the threads mentioned above and/or
its troll author rather than complain to me that you don't like me defending
myself against the lies of this troll.

Suggestions about prosecution of the troll can be sent to the real Lewis Lang,
by "pinging" me on the real newsgroup I mostly participate on - rec.
photo.equipment.35mm. Only suggestions from real internet domains will be
entertained (as the troll has falsely posted both from googlegroups, hotmail
and other phony addresses).

Thank you very much for your kind help and understanding.

Check out my photos at "LEWISVISION":

http://members.aol.com/Lewisvisn/home.htm

Remove "nospam" to reply

***DUE TO SPAM, I NOW BLOCK ALL E-MAIL NOT ON MY LIST, TO BE ADDED TO MY LIST,
PING ME ON THE NEWSGROUP. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE. :-) ***
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 5:42:12 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography (More info?)

In article <oO-dnfR24K4aXZvfRVn-jQ@comcast.com>,
Sheldon <sheldon@XXXXXXXXsopris.net> wrote:
>You automatically own the copyright on anything you produce whether you
>register it or not. Problem is, with digital and all that, you will still
>have to prove that you took the original image. I deal with this a lot in
>the writing world, but how would you prove this in a digital world where
>virtually every image is a clone of the next?

Easy. I've got the full-resolution, uncropped, unmodified image.
I never put that on the web for any image I care about. If I do want to
put a high-resolution image up, I'll still crop it slightly (lose those
extra 8 pixels in a 3008 x 2008 image, for example).
!