New Build Trouble... Won't Boot

Battousai3003

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2011
I recently bought parts for a brand new build from scratch. here are the specs

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz
GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H
XFX HD-695A-CNFC Radeon HD 6950
8 GB(4 x 2GB) G.SKill 240-pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333(PC3 10666) F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK
Corsair Enthuasiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W
Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s

I put one stick of ram into the computer to start with, and windows 7 installed correctly. It took approx 20-30 minutes to install. Once installed I booted up the computer, logged in and it seemed to be running good. I then proceeded to install the motherboard driver and this is where it first froze. I attempted to shut down the computer, and when I went to reboot, the computer refuses to get to the log in screen I just sit at a dark screen. I have yet to install the graphics card, or other bits of RAM, I tried switching the RAM with other sticks but I still have the same issue. And before you think I'm just impatient, I have waited like 15-30 minutes each time before attempting to restart the computer.

Right now I reformatted the harddrive and am trying to reinstall windows 7 and its installing even slower than it did the first time. I would assume the motherboard is ok, because the computer booted up at one point, and the problem persists after trying different RAM sticks in different slots, assuming all four sticks aren't bad. I have checked all the cables and everything seems to fit snug and correctly. I'm at a loss. I recieve no Blue Screens or Error Messages, No Beeps from the MB. Just runs insanely slow.

Another point, is when it botted all the way through to the desktop, the computer did seem to have trouble loading things. All parts are brand new.

Only wait 30 seconds between restarts. To speed clearing the RAM, unplug your PSU, try to turn it on to drain remaining power, and then wait.

Generally, you want to run all your RAM sticks. You also would typically boot up with the graphics connected too. Check that your BIOS has the 1090T running on the right settings. Running only one RAM stick also might make it seems slow. There is a possibility that the Hard Drive is bad. Try disconnecting it and running tests from a bootable memory stick to see if those seem slow. Or connect a different hard drive and see what things seem like.

Battousai3003

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2011
Also It seems as those my CD/DVD Drive works spontaneously. It speeds up and pumps out like 10% on windows 7 install then I can hear it slow back down like it's not even working, then the install halts. Then about 5-10 minutes later it will speed up again and then slow back down.

Battousai3003

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2011
Not Sure I just got the parts today, Windows 7 completed the install process in about an hour... it just restarted and im waiting on the Setup is starting services screen. It seems it is working but at a turtles pace...