6970 Performance Leak.

ares1214

Splendid
69700.jpg

Wow, if thats true, that supports the rumors that have been floating around lately. Thats a solid 15-30% over the 580, and while isnt a 30-40% that the rumors held, still not far off. I hope this is true, but i also hope it isnt clocked to death.

ares1214

Splendid

On second glance your right, silly marketing tricks with the wrong origin! :lol: Id call it 10-20%...

LOL - not that they'd ever try to confuse you like that !

You know that's right. I saw the same chart on another forum, and it took them only about 2 or 3 posts to figure out it was photoshopped. Boy, we here at Tom's are losing our edge.

ares1214

Splendid

While its possible it is a fake, it may just be close to the old one. Either one, atleast Tom's isnt turning into FUD, although ill post anything if it stirs up some thought and opinions, especially potential leaks.

And we will all be grateful and respectful (for the most part) of the discussion. I mean, what else am I going to do all day? Work?

ares1214

Splendid

Haha, whats work? :lol: If you know the right people, they seem to be very impressed with the price/performance, however im not getting much as far as performance. Actually, im getting a lot, but it ranges everywhere from 10% faster than the 480 to 40% faster than the 580 :lol:

notty22

Distinguished

There is absolutely NO DOUBT its fake.
I don't blame you for being fooled. But of course you like the numbers , so you have doubts.

the 2 images imposed over each other.
fakecrop.png

Actually IIRC with ATI's new naming the 6970 is single GPU -- the 6990 will be the dual GPU card ! (68xx replace the mid level 57xx cards and 69xx is replacing the high end 58xx cards )