Help it won't start!

Overlap12

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010
Hi Everyone,

I built my first pc for the first time about 6 months ago and it had been running fine until last night. Over the last couple of days I've been transferring large blocks of data from one hdd to another inside my case and I noticed that a couple of times the pc started running really slow. Eventually I would cancel the transfer but I would have to restart the computer manually as it did not respond to clicking the restart/shut down in the start menu. Well sure enough the last time I powered down my computer by pressing the power button on my case it would not start back up again! I'd like to note a couple of bits of information:

- My PC has been running perfectly fine for the last 6 months
- The hdds I was transferring data from/to were NOT my OS hdd
- After I turn on the computer the fans are still running but windows or bios does not load
- The dram LED lights up red once while powering on the mobo
- I did not install or configure any new software or bios in the past week or so
- When I feel the GPUs they still feel warm as if they are still running
- I tried unplugging and replugging everything in and checking all of my connections

Does anyone have any ideas where I can start troubleshooting? Is there a way to get bios to boot to see what the problem is? Any help at all or a link to another thread would be greatly appreciated.

Overlap12

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010
I took out the GPU that was connected to my monitor and then rebooted the pc with the 2nd GPU connected and was at least able to see the BIOS and windows repair again. I'll let you know if I get things up and running!