[New Build] ~$2000, need a PC that will last

cheesesauce

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
Approximate Purchase Date: No rush.

Budget Range: ~$2000, possibly a few hundred more if it's worth it for the next best parts (bang for your buck kind of situation). ~$500 for accessories; monitor, etc.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: I need a PC that will last. I currently have a already-made Dell pentium 4 PC from 10 years ago and am still using it (not for gaming of course), but since it will be a new build, Gaming will be one important usage of the PC. Basically best all around computer.

Parts Not Required: Starting from scratch so will be needing everything. Let's discuss sound system/accessories after PC specs.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Anywhere that has U.S shipping.

Country of Origin: Anywhere good

Parts Preferences: CPU: i7. I would like for it to be like one of the EVGA-mod-rigs from their forums.

Overclocking: Yes but not too serious.

SLI or Crossfire: Not sure, only if it is recommended by you guys

Monitor Resolution: iMAC display alternative

Additional Comments: Best bang for your buck PC that will be reliable and last a long time. If you have noticed from the survey, I am a complete noob. Thanks for the help in advance

System Usage from Most to Least Important: I need a PC that will last. I currently have a already-made Dell pentium 4 PC from 10 years ago and am still using it (not for gaming of course), but since it will be a new build, Gaming will be one important usage of the PC. Basically best all around computer.

Additional Comments: Best bang for your buck PC that will be reliable and last a long time.

Bleeding edge tech is an absolute contradiction to the princiles of bang for buck :lol: :lol: :lol:

683px-Transistor_Count_and_Moore27s_Law_-_2008svg.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moore's_law
Obsolescence
A negative implication of Moore's Law is obsolescence, that is, as technologies continue to rapidly "improve", these improvements can be significant enough to rapidly render predecessor technologies obsolete. In situations in which security and survivability of hardware and/or data are paramount, or in which resources are limited, rapid obsolescence can pose obstacles to smooth or continued operations

Bottom line: Bang for buck = buy as per needs :D