>From an e-mail from Tim:

There is new fighter combat code in the VCR
Robots get free fighters
Solorian population growth has been adjusted downward
COM ships have better growth rates on their ships
Feds make more money using Argovators for farming

>From my testing:
1 free Fighter per 5000 robot colonists built.
Gemini has 5%, Sagittarius has 6% growth.
Argovators output is 1 Food and 10 MC, still tied to farms.
Haven't checked Solorian yet.

Sparrow

And fighters are supposed to stay outside range of the AAGuns - if not
set to Ground Attack

I got the impression that the free fighters are not linear to the new
Bots built! In a newly started game I got 50 on T1 - with of course
just 1 Insectoid nest running. In sims I got 116 with not enough
natives to run 2 nests (roughly 185k Insectoids only).

Sparrow

And then there is also this from Meteoro:
"Wing has hyper jumped using the Golem hyper space network."
Which would be most interesting to know what that is supposed to be /
do.

The new Growth Rate "SHOULD" be (Star Heat / 10) ^2*2

It remains to be seen though

Greg Bahr

Interesting also see how many current games will just die when robots
are suddenly behind their enemies:)

Sparrow wrote:
> And then there is also this from Meteoro:
> "Wing has hyper jumped using the Golem hyper space network."
> Which would be most interesting to know what that is supposed to be /
> do.

That must be the new scarry Robot fighter power.

Now the question for Robot plays is how to reliably use the hyper space
network.

And like everyone else, I think this is modified by happiness.

If Solarians benifit from Growth exotics, this entire calculation
probably takes place before that is added as well.

It might be a good idea for Solarian base logs to state the current
growth rate of that base.

Also, there is a bug in the Free Fighters code.

The new fighters seems to overwrite the fighters previously existing at
that base.

Only if new colonists (and thus T1s) are built though.

Probably a matter of a faulty variable assignment statement.

T1_total = T1_new
instead of
T1_total = T1_total + T1_new

Or some such.

Has anyone had the fighters added to pre-existing T1s?

Or how to use it, period.

Chunnel-ish, but fighter only?

The fix would actually be slightly easier.

replace
T1_total = T1_new
with
T1_total += T1_new

Hmm, well I hope Tim will add in higher temp stars to compensate
otherwise the solarians may get hosed a little. Typical in a game (I
could be wrong) there are no 100 temp stars or even over 80 are very
rare. Just my opinion, and yes I have played them in some games (so
may be a little biased). Adjusting the growth is fine but please don't
hose them. Also, the robots are strong enough why extra fighters?
That is all.

Thanks,
Take care,

Mike (febemike)

Greg Bahr wrote:
> The new Growth Rate "SHOULD" be (Star Heat / 10) ^2*2
>
> It remains to be seen though
>
> Greg Bahr

The solarians growth rate could be fixed at 110 and they would still be
awesome. Dont worry about it. As far as bots go, when they are close
to strong enough to make a game of it with the solarians 1 on 1, a
discussion on them being too powerful would be in order.

febemike wrote:
> Hmm, well I hope Tim will add in higher temp stars to compensate
> otherwise the solarians may get hosed a little. Typical in a game (I
> could be wrong) there are no 100 temp stars or even over 80 are very
> rare. Just my opinion, and yes I have played them in some games (so
> may be a little biased). Adjusting the growth is fine but please
don't
> hose them. Also, the robots are strong enough why extra fighters?
> That is all.
>

> Thanks,
> Take care,
>

> Mike (febemike)
>
> Greg Bahr wrote:
> > The new Growth Rate "SHOULD" be (Star Heat / 10) ^2*2
> >
> > It remains to be seen though
> >
> > Greg Bahr

On the tempeartures, both myself and Griffin were aware that there was
no temperature 100 stars.
(Max reported being aware of being 98)

But in addition, Griffin wanted the max obsevered growth rate to be
about equal to the Scavs, which is also somewhat less than 200.

But it made the maths easier deriving a growth formula to scale to 200
growth rate at star heat 100.