Should I wait Tags: New Build Systems Last response: February 9, 2011 12:36 PM in Systems Share dcbawden February 9, 2011 6:54:37 AM I have money now but on the other hand I have no problem holding off for a month or two. So my question is this there anything on the horizon that I would regret not at least waiting to see what happens? I plan on spending 500-600 dollars. More about : wait hunter315 February 9, 2011 12:11:50 PM For that budget, there isnt anything due out soon that will be in that range, Sandy Bridge is expect to return in april but a board and CPU will take out most of that budget. heydonald February 9, 2011 12:21:57 PM Well when AMD's Bulldozer is released in April/May it will probably drive down the current Phenom II prices. You may be able to get a Phenom II 975 for $150 which is pretty sweet. Can't find your answer ? Ask ! Get the answer hunter315 February 9, 2011 12:36:45 PM You can already pick up a 955 for $140 and up its multiplier by 2 and you have yourself a 975, no reason to wait to pick up a 975 when the 955 will always be just as capable and cheaper. Can't find your answer ? Ask ! Publish Related resources : ForumShould I upgrade my PC or wait for Haswell? ForumShould I buy or wait ForumShould I buy the HD 7970 or wait ? ForumOwn a gtx560ti should i purchase a gtx660ti or wait for gtx700 series? ForumShould I wait for the AMD 8000's to come out? ForumShould I buy 3470 + 7950 or wait for the AMD 8000 series? ForumShould I buy 3570K + 7870 or wait for 8000 series ForumShould I buy now or wait ? ForumAbout to build my FIRST PC. Should I wait until geforce 700 series? ForumShould I wait for the GTX 700 series ForumShould I wait or start my build? ForumShould I get the i5 LGA 1155 or wait for the haswell 1150 ForumShould I wait until Haswell to rebuild? ForumShould I buy Intel 3770K or wait for Haswell? ForumShould I build my gaming pc now or wait for Q2 2013? ForumUpgrading now or wait ?? what gains should I expect ForumShould I wait to build a gaming PC? ForumShould I wait ? ForumHey guys should i wait for the hd 8850 to arrive or go with 7850..??? ForumNew $900 gaming build - should I wait ? More resources Read discussions in other Systems categories Homebuilt New Build Prebuilt Cases Power Supplies RAM CyberPower !