Closed

priting of digital images to canvas

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
February 1, 2005 6:11:15 AM

Hi,
anyone here from the U.K. or Europe?
I'm wanting to locate a good company that does prints to canvas,
digital (painted) images (Art Pieces) print to Canvas, I'v located one
company in the States that do this, and at a good price, however in
the event that I'm asked to send a piece of art to a customer in the
U.K or anywhere in Europe - for ease of delivery - thought it might be
an idea to locate a
closer-to-delivery point, print shop... any reccomendations?
and preferably on ethat is capable of moderately big prints ~ eg:
30"x20" or even up some more on that.
many thanks..
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 2:57:32 PM

"stuart" <spamfilter@rock.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> anyone here from the U.K. or Europe?
> I'm wanting to locate a good company that does prints to canvas,
> digital (painted) images (Art Pieces) print to Canvas, I'v located one
> company in the States that do this, and at a good price, however in
> the event that I'm asked to send a piece of art to a customer in the
> U.K or anywhere in Europe - for ease of delivery - thought it might be
> an idea to locate a
> closer-to-delivery point, print shop... any reccomendations?
> and preferably on ethat is capable of moderately big prints ~ eg:
> 30"x20" or even up some more on that.
> many thanks..

Try Colab in Coventry www.colab.com

I had a large photo printed on canvas by them some years ago - it look
great!

--
Steve
Milk floats. stainless steel sinks...

Keynsham Photographic, 2a Charlton Road, Keynsham, Bristol, UK.BS31 2JA

or www.avoncolour.co.uk also in Bristol.

"stuart" <spamfilter@rock.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> anyone here from the U.K. or Europe?
> I'm wanting to locate a good company that does prints to canvas,
> digital (painted) images (Art Pieces) print to Canvas, I'v located one
> company in the States that do this, and at a good price, however in
> the event that I'm asked to send a piece of art to a customer in the
> U.K or anywhere in Europe - for ease of delivery - thought it might be
> an idea to locate a
> closer-to-delivery point, print shop... any reccomendations?
> and preferably on ethat is capable of moderately big prints ~ eg:
> 30"x20" or even up some more on that.
> many thanks..

February 1, 2005 4:39:39 PM

we do stuff like that, but We're in South Africa, guess we could courier it,
check out www.bowens.co.za
Steven

"stuart" <spamfilter@rock.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> anyone here from the U.K. or Europe?
> I'm wanting to locate a good company that does prints to canvas,
> digital (painted) images (Art Pieces) print to Canvas, I'v located one
> company in the States that do this, and at a good price, however in
> the event that I'm asked to send a piece of art to a customer in the
> U.K or anywhere in Europe - for ease of delivery - thought it might be
> an idea to locate a
> closer-to-delivery point, print shop... any reccomendations?
> and preferably on ethat is capable of moderately big prints ~ eg:
> 30"x20" or even up some more on that.
> many thanks..

Anonymous
February 1, 2005 5:55:43 PM

"Canongirly" <me@me.com> wrote in message
> Keynsham Photographic, 2a Charlton Road, Keynsham, Bristol, UK.BS31 2JA

Keynsham, spelt K_E_Y_N.......

Only people of a certain age will know what I am on about...

--
Steve
Milk floats, stainless steel sinks...
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 6:49:53 PM

try:
Anne Herbert
Photoartistry
Unit 5
2 Pennard Close
Brackmills Industrial Estate
Northampton
NN4 7BET
United Kingdom

Email: info@photoartistry.co.uk

I found them to be superb

"stuart" <spamfilter@rock.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> anyone here from the U.K. or Europe?
> I'm wanting to locate a good company that does prints to canvas,
> digital (painted) images (Art Pieces) print to Canvas, I'v located one
> company in the States that do this, and at a good price, however in
> the event that I'm asked to send a piece of art to a customer in the
> U.K or anywhere in Europe - for ease of delivery - thought it might be
> an idea to locate a
> closer-to-delivery point, print shop... any reccomendations?
> and preferably on ethat is capable of moderately big prints ~ eg:
> 30"x20" or even up some more on that.
> many thanks..

Anonymous
February 1, 2005 8:28:37 PM

stuart <spamfilter@rock.com> wrote:

>I'm wanting to locate a good company that does prints to canvas,
>digital (painted) images (Art Pieces) print to Canvas, I'v located one
>company in the States that do this, and at a good price, however in
>the event that I'm asked to send a piece of art to a customer in the
>U.K or anywhere in Europe - for ease of delivery - thought it might be
>an idea to locate a
>closer-to-delivery point, print shop... any reccomendations?
>and preferably on ethat is capable of moderately big prints ~ eg:
>30"x20" or even up some more on that.

Try "Monkey Puzzle Repro Art" in Truro. Drop me an email for
the phone number. Email is mpra at the domain objectech.co.uk,
see card at http://superscenic.co.uk/link.htm). They will do the
photos, colour matching, etc, and can let you know what size they
can manage.

They're located in Cornwall, but of course can ship wherever.

Hope that helps.

--
Ken Tough
Anonymous

"stuart" <spamfilter@rock.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> anyone here from the U.K. or Europe?
> I'm wanting to locate a good company that does prints to canvas,
> digital (painted) images (Art Pieces) print to Canvas, I'v located one
> company in the States that do this, and at a good price, however in
> the event that I'm asked to send a piece of art to a customer in the
> U.K or anywhere in Europe - for ease of delivery - thought it might be
> an idea to locate a
> closer-to-delivery point, print shop... any reccomendations?
> and preferably on ethat is capable of moderately big prints ~ eg:
> 30"x20" or even up some more on that.
> many thanks..

http://www.photobox.co.uk do canvas prints. However the biggest they do is
23.5" x 16" but it is a new service so they might expand. Worth keeping an
eye on them.

Steven.
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 12:07:44 AM

On 1 Feb 2005 03:11:15 -0800, "stuart" <spamfilter@rock.com> wrote:

>print to Canvas, I'v located one
>company in the States that do this, and at a good price,

Who are you using in the states?

jc
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 1:25:05 AM

"Steven Campbell" <steven@pTHREEasa.co.uk> wrote in message
> "stuart" <spamfilter@rock.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > anyone here from the U.K. or Europe?
> > I'm wanting to locate a good company that does prints to canvas,
> > digital (painted) images (Art Pieces) print to Canvas, I'v located one
> > company in the States that do this, and at a good price, however in
> > the event that I'm asked to send a piece of art to a customer in the
> > U.K or anywhere in Europe - for ease of delivery - thought it might be
> > an idea to locate a
> > closer-to-delivery point, print shop... any reccomendations?
> > and preferably on ethat is capable of moderately big prints ~ eg:
> > 30"x20" or even up some more on that.
> > many thanks..
>
> http://www.photobox.co.uk do canvas prints. However the biggest they do
is
> 23.5" x 16" but it is a new service so they might expand. Worth keeping an
> eye on them.

Should add that the canvas printing is the new service not the company
itself.
The prints they produce are spot on in my opinion.

Steven.
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 4:23:14 AM

"Steven Campbell" wrote in message ...
> "stuart" wrote in message ...

>> I'm wanting to locate a good company that does prints to
>> canvas, digital (painted) images (Art Pieces) print to
>> Canvas
<...>
>> in the event that I'm asked to send a piece of art to a
>> customer in the U.K or anywhere in Europe - for ease
>> of delivery - thought it might be an idea to locate a
>> closer-to-delivery point, print shop...
>> any reccomendations?
>> and preferably one that is capable of moderately big
>> prints ~ eg: 30"x20" or even up some more on that.

> http://www.photobox.co.uk do canvas prints. However
> the biggest they do is 23.5" x 16" but it is a new service
> so they might expand. Worth keeping an eye on them.

Snappy Snaps on Charlotte St in London - they do canvas
prints up to A0 (about 47" x 33"); heat seal & stretch too.
Not much info on their website, so probably best to email
them - info@snappysnaps-charlottest.co.uk

--
Cheers,
DaveGK

hello,

These look like some very helpful tips! I will definitely try them! Thanks!

!