Can i increase the size of my k53u c60 amd vision radeon 6290 processor

mona k

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
Hello everyone. I just got my k53u c60 as a gift from my bro . Checking the specs I realized that every other component was ok except for the processor speed which is 1000mhz. i am sought of a serious gamer and i was hoping if i could increase it to around 2.1ghz whether by overclocking or getting a new one . If overclocking, how and if changing the processor , suggestions on which one and the average cost . Your candid suggestions would be much appreciated

tlmck

Distinguished
The processor is likely soldered directly to the motherboard and thus not upgradeable. Even if it was in a socket, none of the other processors of that type would be suitable for gaming either. Overclocking is not an option either as it is not that type of chip.

Couple this with the fact that the onboard AMD 6250 graphics chip is definitely not upgradeable, nor are they game worthy for anything but flash based games, or ones you can download for free from the internet. Something like Peggle comes to mind.

That computer was made for average computing tasks such as web surfing, word processing, homework, etc., not for gaming. The good news is that it is a very good computer for what it does.