Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Should i wait for bulldozer?

Last response: in CPUs
May 9, 2011 7:35:37 PM

Hi everyone, with the help of some other fellow members on the forum i have decided that i will be getting an MSI 890FXA-GD65 motherboard since it will be compatible with the new line of am3+ socket cpu's.

however i have absolutely no clue as to how expensive these new cpu's by AMD will be and since i don't plan on spending too much over $300 (before taxes) on my motherboard and cpu upgrade i was wondering at around what pricepoint will these cpu's be at?

the motherboard i have picked out is about $150 at tigerdirect so that leaves me with ~$150 to spend on my cpu.

however if they are going to be well over that price i won't be too interested,
thanks in advance.

More about : wait bulldozer

a b à CPUs
May 9, 2011 7:40:04 PM

Remember these boards have unofficially supported BD.
And the problem is that BD itself hasnt been announced let alone start Mass Production.
But if your pc can hold it out sure why not?
But if you want to upgrade.Do it now.I am not sure if IVy BrIDGE would still use the older sockets 1155 and 2011.
m
l

Best solution

a c 159 à CPUs
a c 295 V Motherboard
May 9, 2011 7:43:49 PM

If you need the rig now, get an X4 955. If you don't need the rig now, re-sell the mobo and get a SB build, will be compatible with IB as well.
Related resources
May 10, 2011 8:56:47 PM

saint19 said:
If you need the rig now, get an X4 955. If you don't need the rig now, re-sell the mobo and get a SB build, will be compatible with IV as well.

Will all of the lga 1155 socket motherboards be compatible with Ivy bridge? or only certain companies like Msi and ASUS for the buldozer compatibility scenario?

thanks
m
l
a c 159 à CPUs
a c 295 V Motherboard
May 10, 2011 9:01:18 PM

Yeah, both will be compatible. I think that in all mobo manufacturers, but mostly in top manufacturers like ASUS, Gigabyte and MSI.
m
l
May 11, 2011 7:18:45 PM

saint19 said:
Yeah, both will be compatible. I think that in all mobo manufacturers, but mostly in top manufacturers like ASUS, Gigabyte and MSI.

alright thanks, i think ill wait untill bulldozer comes out then decide
m
l
May 11, 2011 7:18:53 PM

Best answer selected by vibrantxxninjas.
m
l
!