Please ignore - system not to be built- thank you

bubbasmith1

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2010
Thank you for your help, I'm going with a different system now.

Approximate Purchase Date: Now, if possible

Budget Range: 2000 Before / After Rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Animation, digital art, gaming, movies, internet

Parts Not Required: looking for all parts except monitor

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: See note below

Country of Origin: Texas-USA

Parts Preferences: Sandy Bridge i5K

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Either is fine

Monitor Resolution: 1600x1200

Additional Comments: Quiet PC. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I have to build a computer as quickly as possible. The problem is I do not have the currency on hand. I am looking for a respectable builder that can build or sell me the parts and allow me to pay in monthly installments. I've tried several large retailers and I haven't been successful. I'm pretty certain it will be difficult, if not impossible, to find someone who would allow me to build now and pay off monthly. But if anyone knows of a good, respectable builder, please let me know.

banthracis

Distinguished
Sandy bridge is out of the picture until april.

Technically Dell does have payment plans, but I personally would never buy a PC from them.

Also, newegg does have a no interest for up to 12 months thing if you get a preferred account.
http://promotions.newegg.com/Newegg/PA110708/index.html

If you build it yourself you can also save a buncha money. What specific programs do you use? Are any CUDA or GPU accelerated?

bubbasmith1

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2010
Really?! The guys at Fry's said they had the processors and boards already. Hehehehehe. Can't trust anyone now a days.

Anyway, the programs I use are Maya 9, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop/Illustrator/Soundbooth/Premier/After Effects), Zbrush. If sandy Bridge is out of the question till April, then I guess I would go with the AMD hexacore. I was going to buy one about one month ago, but unfortunately the chance never presented itself. Now I need one as soon as possible. Would a i7 from intel be better than a AMD hexacore? Oh, GPU accelerated.

banthracis

Distinguished
for the money, nothing beats the x6's. However, in terms of raw performance, the 8 thread i7's come out on top.

Considering your $2k budget, I see no reason to go with the x6's. CS5 is limited in it's GPU acceleration, just premier rendering and some photoshop filters. However, many addon's are GPU accelerated and benefit greatly from CUDA.

Either way, your best bet would be to go with a Nvidia GPU.