What temperature should my CPU be at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDAHL

Distinguished
May 9, 2011
Recently I downloaded the device "coretemp" to find out what temperature my CPU is running at. As I type this it appears to be varying from 30-35 degrees Celsius and roughly around 30 degrees Celsius when idle. My CPU is a Intel i7 2600(3.4 ghz) and I am cooling it with the stock cooler that came with the device. Is the temperature that my CPU is at okay or not? I am new to this forum so any help and advice is very much appreciated, thanks.

Solution
I think you should be fine,your cpu temps will definitely creep up a couple of degrees in the summer.
That's normal for everyone's rig,if you feel they're too high just buy a CM 212+.
No need to spend over $40 on a cooler for a SB cpu imo.

CDAHL

Distinguished
May 9, 2011
Thanks to everyone for the quick reply! I live in New York and the summers can get pretty hot(anywhere from 80-90 deg F and hotter) for instance today was just low 60s but I could definitely feel the heat in my room building up. My computer has 3 chassis fans, GPU fan, CPU fan and a PSU fan do you think this would be enough or should I be worrying? Also would you recommend I upgrade to a better CPU fan?

I think you should be fine,your cpu temps will definitely creep up a couple of degrees in the summer.
That's normal for everyone's rig,if you feel they're too high just buy a CM 212+.
No need to spend over $40 on a cooler for a SB cpu imo.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.