Closed

Asus Ai suite II and it's irrational warnings.

P8p67 + Ai suite II

I'm getting random improbable warning from time to time like

Warning! cpu -90 c!
Warning! motherboard 123c!
Warning! v12 0v!
Warning! Vcore 0.05v!

I used ai suite because apparently utility from maker would most correctly reflect the state of sensors.
are my MB ok or does it need some anti schizophrenia pills
15 answers Last reply
More about asus suite irrational warnings
  1. How is it feel inside? Is it hot? If not, it is malfunctioning.
  2. nikorr said:
    How is it feel inside? Is it hot? If not, it is malfunctioning.


    I use 5 different monitoring software as well as Mk I common sense to verify readings and I think it's pretty normal

    But only Ai suite managed to generate spikes that lead to incorrect reading.

    It's annoying but I need Ai suite to access fanXpert and EPU controls

    but comeon, now can utility that came straight from manufacturer be this inferior.
  3. dontknownotsure said:
    I use 5 different monitoring software as well as Mk I common sense to verify readings and I think it's pretty normal

    But only Ai suite managed to generate spikes that lead to incorrect reading.

    It's annoying but I need Ai suite to access fanXpert and EPU controls

    but comeon, now can utility that came straight from manufacturer be this inferior.

    Right, I just wanna to be sure, its not overheating : )

    U need to re-install the app!
  4. Hi dontknowforsure,

    I had similar problems and found that HWinfo64:
    http://www.hwinfo.com/download64.html
    gave reliable numbers for temperatureand other system parameters.
    The Asus AI suite seems to have its quirks, but I have to admit the one click overclock is pretty neat.
  5. Thanks for the info the problem is that even though I didnt mind incorrect/absurd reading from time to time, sometime it gives alarming spikes which I cannot verify if its true or not such as vcore momentarily at 2.3v etc which is very distracting.
  6. dontknownotsure said:
    Thanks for the info the problem is that even though I didnt mind incorrect/absurd reading from time to time, sometime it gives alarming spikes which I cannot verify if its true or not such as vcore momentarily at 2.3v etc which is very distracting.

    Did u adjust the voltage for OC?
  7. nikorr said:
    Did u adjust the voltage for OC?


    Yes, 4500 ghz@ 1.33 v, offset mode. voltage / downclock adjustment is set to auto.

    in previous install it never went over 1.35 at any load but this time ai suite start giving potentially worrying voltage readings.
  8. When I run the auto OC @ 4.4GHz, it was all auto setting.

    I did not had to adjust anything. I would just reset the CMOS memory as described in the motherboard manual using the clear CMOS link with the power cord unplugged.

    And start over.
  9. @dontknownotsure Usually, wrong alert messages from AI Suite II pop up when you are running another application reporting your hardwares' sensors in parallel; something like Core Temp, HWMonitor, or similar. I had the same issue and it never recurred; I now only briefly peek with HWMonitor. Alternative: deinstall AI Suite II.
  10. systembolaget said:
    @dontknownotsure Usually, wrong alert messages from AI Suite II pop up when you are running another application reporting your hardwares' sensors in parallel; something like Core Temp, HWMonitor, or similar. I had the same issue and it never recurred; I now only briefly peek with HWMonitor. Alternative: deinstall AI Suite II.


    That might be a possibility, I runs AIDA 64 in background constantly for my keyboard LCD info.
  11. @dontknownotsure Did it solve your issue then? I was given that information by ASUS, because it was bugging me, too.
  12. I fiddled with the DIGI+ VRM settings in the EFI BIOS Utility and was able to get all of those alerts to go away.

    One or more setting that is too aggressive will cause the popups. I don't remember exactly which setting was the one that did it.

    Load-Line Calibration

    Phase Control

    Duty Control

    CPU Current Capability
  13. systembolaget said:
    @dontknownotsure Did it solve your issue then? I was given that information by ASUS, because it was bugging me, too.


    I have some pressing matters atm so Ill just disable aisuite for the time being, report back later.
  14. dontknownotsure said:
    That might be a possibility, I runs AIDA 64 in background constantly for my keyboard LCD info.


    Wow, I actually just found this thread because I just started having the exact same problem literally at the exact moment that I installed Aida64 to start fiddling around with my Logitech G19 LCD. Too much of a coincidence not to be the answer.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus CPUs Motherboards