Asus Ai suite II and it's irrational warnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dontknownotsure

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011
P8p67 + Ai suite II

I'm getting random improbable warning from time to time like

Warning! cpu -90 c!
Warning! motherboard 123c!
Warning! v12 0v!
Warning! Vcore 0.05v!

I used ai suite because apparently utility from maker would most correctly reflect the state of sensors.
are my MB ok or does it need some anti schizophrenia pills

dontknownotsure

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011

I use 5 different monitoring software as well as Mk I common sense to verify readings and I think it's pretty normal

But only Ai suite managed to generate spikes that lead to incorrect reading.

It's annoying but I need Ai suite to access fanXpert and EPU controls

but comeon, now can utility that came straight from manufacturer be this inferior.

Right, I just wanna to be sure, its not overheating : )

U need to re-install the app!

dontknownotsure

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011
Thanks for the info the problem is that even though I didnt mind incorrect/absurd reading from time to time, sometime it gives alarming spikes which I cannot verify if its true or not such as vcore momentarily at 2.3v etc which is very distracting.

Did u adjust the voltage for OC?

dontknownotsure

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011

Yes, 4500 ghz@ 1.33 v, offset mode. voltage / downclock adjustment is set to auto.

in previous install it never went over 1.35 at any load but this time ai suite start giving potentially worrying voltage readings.

systembolaget

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
@dontknownotsure Usually, wrong alert messages from AI Suite II pop up when you are running another application reporting your hardwares' sensors in parallel; something like Core Temp, HWMonitor, or similar. I had the same issue and it never recurred; I now only briefly peek with HWMonitor. Alternative: deinstall AI Suite II.

dontknownotsure

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011

That might be a possibility, I runs AIDA 64 in background constantly for my keyboard LCD info.

I fiddled with the DIGI+ VRM settings in the EFI BIOS Utility and was able to get all of those alerts to go away.

One or more setting that is too aggressive will cause the popups. I don't remember exactly which setting was the one that did it.

Load-Line Calibration

Phase Control

Duty Control

CPU Current Capability

dontknownotsure

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011

I have some pressing matters atm so Ill just disable aisuite for the time being, report back later.

shenmue37

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011

Wow, I actually just found this thread because I just started having the exact same problem literally at the exact moment that I installed Aida64 to start fiddling around with my Logitech G19 LCD. Too much of a coincidence not to be the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.