May 8, 2011
I am building a system with:

ASRock H67
i5 2400
MSI GTX 460 Cyclone
8gb RipSaws X DDR3 1333
WD Black 500gb 6/gbs SATA
Rosewill Challenger

I have an ASUS 550w PSU that I just bought on newegg when I was planning on building an i3-2100. I haven't opened it yet because I have upgraded some of the parts I want to use and now I am not sure if it will be enough power. I bought it early because the $15 off coupon code was about to expire.

Do I need a larger PSU? In a review a guy is using i5 and a GTX 460 so im not sure what I should do.

Thanks for the input.

ram1009

Distinguished
Over stressing a PSU is one of the most frequent mistakes builders (&OEMs) make. You should use the highest wattage QUALITY PSU you can afford. PSU problems can show up as mystery undiagnosable anomalies. Personally, I never want my PSU running at over 50%.

juicemanjm

Distinguished
May 8, 2011

So what are you saying exactly? Is it legit or should I return it and go bigger?

ram1009

Distinguished

My response is philosophical. I'm assuming you can do your own math. Besides, from your choice of "best answer" it appears you've already made your choices.

ram1009

Distinguished

Obviously, you were only looking for someone to tell you that you were already doing the right thing. I don't see anything cryptic in my answer and as for my assumption you can do your own math, I do apologize.

TRENDING THREADS