Host 192 Test

I need some testers to test a new host, the combat code should be
better. Objects have been slowed down so they are not jumping all over
the place.

The new host sits at:
http://homepage.mac.com/ti2gr/.Public/host192.exe

New stuff included:

Exotics like energized sand and sand shields no longer are 100%
effective.

Sand Casters toned down in power against fighters.

A bad ship transporter error was fixed.

Glory Device only BBQ's 15,000 worms a blast.

Spice producion by worms reduced.

Base ION Cannons only work if the shields are turned off.

Base ION Cannons use 10 ord per shot, instead of just 1 ord

The bug that causes robot fighters to vanish has been fixed.

Ships with a hull mass over 690 have improved PD systems, ships with a
hull mass over 1200 have an improved PD system and ships with a hull
mass over 1800 have an even better PD system

Comments welcome.

Tim
34 answers Last reply
More about host test

    That PD boost is to compensate the increased fighter power. Any
    solution should not result in having to change race packs!

    Especially the IC change I find most interesting. It is however not
    enough to completely remove the "Avoid Base" functionality, yet! ICs
    are a killer and finish even capital ships very quickly. When trying to
    destroy a base I assume it would be very very expensive if the ICs
    fire!

    For now it would be ok to remove the "Avoid Base" switch - if the
    "Ground Attack" takes over the same functionality, just like the
    fighters currently do. Meaning if you have "Groudn Attack" switched off
    it is the same as currently with "Avoid Base" on and vice versa.

    I'm happy with the SC immunity no longer being 100%. It was much
    cheaper for a fighter race to negate the defenders ETs, which I
    considered to be unbalanced.
    A) Fighter race (total 675k initial, 25k maintenance):
    SC immunity = 75k initial, 5k maintenance
    Fighter ECM Box = 600k initial, 20k maintenance
    B) Non Fighter Race (total 690k initial, 90k maintenance):
    Energized Sand = 240k initial, 70k maintenance
    Anti-Fighter Computer = 450k initial, 20k maintenance
    If one goes for the E SC only, after 10 turns it gets more expensive
    than what the fighter race pays, due to the very high maintenance
    costs. Only the AF computer alone would give the Non Fighter Race an
    advantage, but it will take a painful long time until the SC immunity
    has been bought and the AF computer gets affordable!

    > Base ION Cannons only work if the shields are turned off.

    There was a longstanding bug around which switched on the baseshield
    under attack if it was actually switched off. Was never a problem
    before, but might be now.

    Someone else raised the question of Solorian baseshields (automatic at
    10M colonists).

    > Base ION Cannons use 10 ord per shot, instead of just 1 ord

    Actually they never even used that 1 ord, another bug. I hope this got
    foxed with this new feature ;).

    First very quick and single test: Fighters move slower now and ships
    have a chance again. This looks much better than host 190!

    Is the Robot Free Fighter bug fixed?

    Is the Golem Hyper Space Network working (and how does it work)?

    Tim, or anyone else who can help,

    in host 190 (or the misterious191?) have also been some changes.
    You introduced this host with an special view on combat logic but I got
    the impression that there have been more changes.

    I am pretty sure that something changed in the contra market, which has
    been under discussion on this bord shortly before 190 (191?) came out.

    The question is if and where I could find any documentation of these
    hostchanges.

    For example there have been also a discussion about sweeping cloacked
    minefields, which should work without generating a log message. Is such
    a feature already implemented?

    Your changes made in 192 host sound pretty good on the paper but I
    haven't tested them right now. Looks like the Empire could get more
    Evil these days.

    Thanx for your time,

    Loki

    Haven 't figured out the Golem thing, but...

    Robots now get 1000 T1s, 333 T2s and 20 T3s, it no longer erases T1s
    from turn to turn, and it reports it correctly in the log.

    I like all of these changes, especially the point defense ones. Is it
    possible to post a change/fix log for host 190? (sorry if it's out there
    already and i missed it) No Host 191? Is that due to April Fools? :-)

    Eric

    "cocomax" <cocomax@aol.com> wrote in message
    > I need some testers to test a new host, the combat code should be
    > better. Objects have been slowed down so they are not jumping all over
    > the place.
    >
    > The new host sits at:
    > http://homepage.mac.com/ti2gr/.Public/host192.exe
    >
    > New stuff included:
    >
    > Exotics like energized sand and sand shields no longer are 100%
    > effective.
    >
    > Sand Casters toned down in power against fighters.
    >
    > A bad ship transporter error was fixed.
    >
    > Glory Device only BBQ's 15,000 worms a blast.
    >
    > Spice producion by worms reduced.
    >
    > Base ION Cannons only work if the shields are turned off.
    >
    > Base ION Cannons use 10 ord per shot, instead of just 1 ord
    >
    > The bug that causes robot fighters to vanish has been fixed.
    >
    > Ships with a hull mass over 690 have improved PD systems, ships with a
    > hull mass over 1200 have an improved PD system and ships with a hull
    > mass over 1800 have an even better PD system
    >
    > Comments welcome.
    >
    > Tim

    >From a base log:
    "...Insectoid nest builds 200000 new robots
    Insectoid nest builds 2000 new type 1 fighters.
    Insectoid nest builds 667 new type 2 fighters.
    Insectoid nest builds 40 new type 3 fighters..."
    *Cough* I would say that is way too much! For a single insectoid nest
    that is an additional value of 18,990 MCs!

    As I said before with 190: Make it only T1s. The number is negotiable,
    but around 20 / nest seem ok. That is 100 MCs for free and surely not
    unbalancing.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    Yes, we need more documentation, Tim! All these undocumented changes
    serve neither us nor you, as you would get bug reports and questions
    for them.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    > Ships with a hull mass over 690 have improved PD systems, ships with a
    > hull mass over 1200 have an improved PD system and ships with a hull
    > mass over 1800 have an even better PD system

    Thinking a bit more about this... exactly how are they improved? It
    certainly gives a boost to the dreadnaughts out there, perhaps raising the
    cost of these ships might be a good idea if the boost is very significant.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    I don't like the Base ION Cannons only work if the base shield is
    turned off. It's just one less reason to ever build a base shield. And
    what about Solarian bases with more than 10 Million colonists?

    I think the new 10 ord per shot to fire each Ion Cannon is enough.

    What's the new % chance of an extoic sand shield working and what's the
    new chance of the energized sand castor exotic blasting thru an exotic
    sand shield (when the exotic sand shield is working)

    What's the new worm spice production?

    Details on how the PD systems are improved please. Do they fire faster
    against everything [in which case does this help the PD needing only 1
    tick to recharge] or are the getting increased chances of hiting
    fiighters and incoming weapons feature?
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    Uups, miscalculation. It is 16,990 "only" / nest!
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    Oh yeah... I forgot about those increasingly menacing fighters. I look
    forward to seeing them in action against these newly buffed ships.

    "Sparrow" <e.kueper@gmx.net> wrote in message
    > That PD boost is to compensate the increased fighter power. Any
    > solution should not result in having to change race packs!

  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    Not really tested anything with the new host yet except for a few
    fighter ship battles.
    And then how do you compute the fighter hitting the ship probability.
    There seems to be a small problem with this.

    It is actually very humeruos to consider that the viper seems to have
    at least an equal hitting probability as the Ahir - eventhough the sum
    of attack rating and beam accuracy is 100 points higher on the Ahir...
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    I echo some of the concerns over the base shield change. This makes
    bases much more vulnerable to attack. In addition, it changes the
    balance so that the races that can not build base shields suffer less
    of a penalty (relatively speaking). I think the races that can't build
    base shields suffer this penalty for a reason.

    I like most of the other changes.

    I suspect that the crime/contra system still needs some tweaking.
    Having a base that suddenly has almost 5000 crime rating just because
    it was captured with a large contra storage doesn't seem right to me.

    gm
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    EE type 1s have always been worth building as cannon fodder to protect
    the more valuable and expense type 2s and 3s in the same wing.

    Now they do more damage in their own right if there's enough of them to
    absorp the losses.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    cocomax schrieb:
    > New stuff included:
    >
    > Exotics like energized sand and sand shields no longer are 100%
    > effective.

    Sounds okay, but on which level they are now working ?

    > Sand Casters toned down in power against fighters.

    -Why do you make SCs as an Anti Fighter weapon weaker if you at the same
    time the PD boost with the argument that fighters are to hard ? Don't
    understand this is not logical IMHO.

    > A bad ship transporter error was fixed.

    Fixes are always good.

    > Glory Device only BBQ's 15,000 worms a blast.

    Can not say something to this points, no times used and have so no
    expierence. But what I heared it maybe good.

    > Spice producion by worms reduced.

    How much ?

    > Base ION Cannons only work if the shields are turned off.

    Who decides if the shield shall sht down that the Cannons can be fire,
    must the player do it a turn before and then the whole turn the shield
    is off or how do it work. Or do it go off if the Cannons fire and the
    next combat tick they are switched on again ?
    With thge infos you give I can not say anything about it but I fear some
    problems.
    That's make the Base with Ion Cannoins more vulverable for attacks, this
    counter the idea that Base with Cannons should be not so weak why you
    changed the ower of Ion Cannons.

    > Base ION Cannons use 10 ord per shot, instead of just 1 ord

    Do now work the Base reserve level work correct / good ?
    From my expierence a new build ship get full or zero Ord loaded
    depending if there is enough for a full load on the Bases and not
    respect the reserve level. But this behavior may steal the Ion Cannons
    the Ord they need so that they can not fire.
    BTW the inital ord load on new build ships is idotic, this all or
    nothing behaviour. One ship get all ord and the others nothing. Better
    IMO is to split it, say each ship can get up to (Ord on the
    Base)/(1+#new build ships) and then same Ord is left on the Base for
    defence. Or use a % formula depending on the Ord hold of the ships, but
    don't forget that the Base may need some ord too.

    Other problem maybe, in older times the Cannons fire on ships which are
    immune by ET and now they will use up their ord by such an idiotic doing.

    > The bug that causes robot fighters to vanish has been fixed.

    Can nothing say t o it, if you think the Robo need an upgrade then you
    give it to them. But how does it work or how is the output ?

    > Ships with a hull mass over 690 have improved PD systems, ships with a
    > hull mass over 1200 have an improved PD system and ships with a hull
    > mass over 1800 have an even better PD system

    IMHO wrong way.

    Some races get no or only a very small benefit from it and it counters
    their "advanteges" sometimes (Lizie, no ship with enough mass, FED only
    1 ship over the boarder, Coalition = RCS 0 ships, Pirat 0 ships ...).
    Say the Coalition had in old time the advantage that they have the
    Target Enhancer on some of their ships which makes the PDS better, this
    is now lower compared to other races cause they do not benefit from the
    new rule. They don't have any ship with over 750 KT hull mass.
    Other races which used swarms of cheap ships to defence against fighter
    can not profit from it to, so they may get problems.
    Other races with many ships over this limit, say the Peeps, EE, Robo
    (one more help for them) .. are now powerfuller against fighter.

    This give an new balance in the game and I'm not sure if they are wanted
    or good.

    > Comments welcome.

    You wanted comments and I do some.

    Do you ever think about going back a step instead to make a new rule /
    change to counter the last change you made ?
    IMHO the old rules befor the changes on the combat behaviour started
    where good enough (think befor host 17x).
    If I used ENOUGH Ion Cannons (over 500) they made a good work for me
    except the enemy buy the immunity. So I have never understand the
    complains about that the Cannons are useless, what had the complainer
    expect with say 20 Cannons worth 6000 MCs and some sups against a
    Dreadnought maybe worth over 80000 MC.

    For me we should go back to the old rules and can from this point on
    implement some but NOT ALL from the new rules which came in the meantime.

    Bye-Bye JoSch.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    And what are you dreaming at night?

    "Loki" <loki.net@gmx.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1113484145.586177.204140@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
    > Tim, or anyone else who can help,
    >
    > in host 190 (or the misterious191?) have also been some changes.
    > You introduced this host with an special view on combat logic but I got
    > the impression that there have been more changes.
    >
    > I am pretty sure that something changed in the contra market, which has
    > been under discussion on this bord shortly before 190 (191?) came out.
    >
    > The question is if and where I could find any documentation of these
    > hostchanges.
    >
    > For example there have been also a discussion about sweeping cloacked
    > minefields, which should work without generating a log message. Is such
    > a feature already implemented?
    >
    > Your changes made in 192 host sound pretty good on the paper but I
    > haven't tested them right now. Looks like the Empire could get more
    > Evil these days.
    >
    > Thanx for your time,
    >
    > Loki

  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    Ok this one looks much better, though I haven't found a way to kill one Cube at equal costs with tech level 6 or smaller Scav
    ships...

    Would you be so kind and fix the unbalancing new free fighter rule for Bots?

    Thanks in advance.

    GFM GToeroe

    "cocomax" <cocomax@aol.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1113455563.475203.189950@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
    > I need some testers to test a new host, the combat code should be
    > better. Objects have been slowed down so they are not jumping all over
    > the place.
    >
    > The new host sits at:
    > http://homepage.mac.com/ti2gr/.Public/host192.exe
    >
    > New stuff included:
    >
    > Exotics like energized sand and sand shields no longer are 100%
    > effective.
    >
    > Sand Casters toned down in power against fighters.
    >
    > A bad ship transporter error was fixed.
    >
    > Glory Device only BBQ's 15,000 worms a blast.
    >
    > Spice producion by worms reduced.
    >
    > Base ION Cannons only work if the shields are turned off.
    >
    > Base ION Cannons use 10 ord per shot, instead of just 1 ord
    >
    > The bug that causes robot fighters to vanish has been fixed.
    >
    > Ships with a hull mass over 690 have improved PD systems, ships with a
    > hull mass over 1200 have an improved PD system and ships with a hull
    > mass over 1800 have an even better PD system
    >
    > Comments welcome.
    >
    > Tim

  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    I'd like to see T2s and T3s also made by nests. Extra T1s is like.. um, ok,
    sure, thank you insectioid. T1s are so cheap that free ones in addition are
    not much of a bonus at all. I do agree though that that many extra fighters
    is alot, however, what is that base's population colonist and insectoid
    wise?

    > >From a base log:
    > "...Insectoid nest builds 200000 new robots
    > Insectoid nest builds 2000 new type 1 fighters.
    > Insectoid nest builds 667 new type 2 fighters.
    > Insectoid nest builds 40 new type 3 fighters..."
    > *Cough* I would say that is way too much! For a single insectoid nest
    > that is an additional value of 18,990 MCs!
    >
    > As I said before with 190: Make it only T1s. The number is negotiable,
    > but around 20 / nest seem ok. That is 100 MCs for free and surely not
    > unbalancing.

  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    Tim, can you clarify why you aren't using the normal website please? I
    am confused as to the status of Host 190-192, and wondering what's going
    to happen to the documentation there etc.

    Thank you,

    Paul Honigmann

    >A bad ship transporter error was fixed.

    I'd be interested in more details on that, I have often suspected
    transporter weirdnesses were occurring...

    >Base ION Cannons only work if the shields are turned off.

    Don't think that's a good idea. Shields are already too weak (too
    vulnerable). I don't think fighters should be able to fire through them,
    for example; there are several other ways to attack bases, ranging from
    HD Stress through ground combat to crime / chupanoid starvation causing
    riots and population meltdown.

    >Ships with a hull mass over 690 have improved PD systems, ships with a
    >hull mass over 1200 have an improved PD system and ships with a hull
    >mass over 1800 have an even better PD system

    I'm going to do some testing on that one to see if some hulls are TOO
    good at defending now! What should we be looking for - simply an
    increased rate of PD fire?
    --
    Paul Honigmann
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    Whataguy2000 comments

    >I suspect that the crime/contra system still needs some tweaking.
    >Having a base that suddenly has almost 5000 crime rating just because
    >it was captured with a large contra storage doesn't seem right to me.

    Maybe your enemy has discovered a new form of attacking you - let's call
    it the Poisoned Chalice Strategy
    --
    Paul Honigmann
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    Observations with new Host 192 and combat:

    (1) I thought I saw a ship being blown up by its own side. It was
    already heavily damaged and was between two ships (one, call it ship A,
    on its own side, the other being fired at by ship A). It looked like the
    ship-which-was-blown-up got in the way and was hit by ship A's photon
    torps. Is it now possible to accidentally fire on your own side? If so,
    nice touch, I like it. Adds realism. (I imagine it was just zapped by
    the third ship though, it could have been hit by just a single shot from
    a beam which I may not have seen.)

    (2) Ramming is still very effective for high mass ships. It would be
    nice, by the way, for the VCR report to mention Ramming-hits along with
    other attacks.

    (3) Large weapon knockback is effectively gone now. Even an Ionic Gun
    Array doesn't have any visible effect. That might be a tad too toned
    down.

    (4) VCR "Report" screen still very poor layout. Typical report:
    Four lines about SHIP: blah - this is actually the TARGET ship but
    there is no explanation / heading
    Then no line break or anything it just merges into a report about
    the actual ship being examined

    Finally a line break

    Then some stuff about return fire which is OK.

    (5) Wings seem much better - performing much more like their stats imply
    - than in last Host I played with, 189. Ie if you pay lots of money for
    a wing of lots of cheap fighters, they actually do something now. Maybe
    EE type 1's are worth building at last?
    --
    Paul Honigmann
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    >> Base ION Cannons use 10 ord per shot, instead of just 1 ord
    >
    >Actually they never even used that 1 ord, another bug.

    And I always wondered if base shields really did use 10 fuel / turn, but
    with all he fuel transfers on your homeworld every turn, I never bohered
    trying to work it out.

    By the way, I have been playing VGAP4 since 1999 and have never bothered
    building a base shield. Even less reason to do so now.
    --
    Paul Honigmann
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    Fighter gain more teeth.
    Kamakasi Fighters
    Perhaps their should be for certain races, the ability to become like
    "Gods of the Wind" allowing suicidal charges...
    >Commander Sinclair - Battle of the Line
    "If I die, I'm going to take some of you bastards with me!"

    Obviously Dreadnoughts, heavy cruisers and up get higher PD firing rates
    "VS fighters"... This could be attributed to a much higher skill level
    found on fleet flagships and combat decorated vessels... and a much
    higher amount of staffing rotation to decrease battle fatigue.

    Exotics - Nothing is ever assured, otherwise it becomes boring. Combat
    is chaos, nothing should always work flawlessly.

    IMO - Ships with a high mass displacement should have a corresponding
    "toughness" factor. i.e. shots to armour/structure are only 3/4 or 1/2
    as effective due to multiple reduntancy systems.

    New idea (sorry, couldn't help it) - each races has a "dice" factor that
    can be employed in battle or in general economics, dependant on what
    type of race they are.
    Example, your standard romulan 3 super spy network could be put on 3
    darkwings that increase there cloaking and behind lines sabotage.
    e.g. Hero's like Commander Adama for CoM or Luke Skywalker for the Rebs
    can act in certain battles, like "A Rebel Hero has lead 2 squadrons of
    X-Wings against a Super Star Destroyer, heavily damaging it in an
    ambush" or "Commander Adama has given our CoM forces a strategic
    advantage by positioning the fleet against the Cylon Menace" (increased
    PD fire for all vessels or something)

    Essentially, putting the X factor back in the battle and behind the scenes.

    cocomax wrote:
    > I need some testers to test a new host, the combat code should be
    > better. Objects have been slowed down so they are not jumping all over
    > the place.
    >
    > The new host sits at:
    > http://homepage.mac.com/ti2gr/.Public/host192.exe
    >
    > New stuff included:
    >
    > Exotics like energized sand and sand shields no longer are 100%
    > effective.
    >
    > Sand Casters toned down in power against fighters.
    >
    > A bad ship transporter error was fixed.
    >
    > Glory Device only BBQ's 15,000 worms a blast.
    >
    > Spice producion by worms reduced.
    >
    > Base ION Cannons only work if the shields are turned off.
    >
    > Base ION Cannons use 10 ord per shot, instead of just 1 ord
    >
    > The bug that causes robot fighters to vanish has been fixed.
    >
    > Ships with a hull mass over 690 have improved PD systems, ships with a
    > hull mass over 1200 have an improved PD system and ships with a hull
    > mass over 1800 have an even better PD system
    >
    > Comments welcome.
    >
    > Tim

  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    Nameless wrote:

    > It is actually very humeruos to consider that the viper seems to have
    > at least an equal hitting probability as the Ahir - eventhough the
    sum
    > of attack rating and beam accuracy is 100 points higher on the
    Ahir...

    Moreover the rutzi seems to be as good as hitting anything as about all
    other fighters - attack rating and beam accuracy are now more or less
    meaningless (as I suspect is evasive and missle accuracy).

    And seeing in which direction a few changes are going, with all these
    care and thoughts beforehand as to the effects the changes might have,
    I get the feeling that I should let the rest of the community sort
    these things out and be quiet for a few months.

    In any case I will not look further into the combat logic or any other
    things done in the new test hosts (whether already released or not).
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    "Second Wave" is now less useful because there is a problem with the
    ship movement within VCR. It prevents ships clumping and targeting their
    victim en masse; their battle commands are overridden by an unnatural
    desire to race to the planet at the centre of the screen and they forget
    their orders until they reach it.

    This will impact Swarms. It removes one of their options.

    Example: 5 Ill Winds can kill 1 T Rex UNLESS they use "Second Wave".
    Despite the Ill Wind fleet costing twice the T Rex's mc, they are
    vulnerable if they use 2nd wave because when they arrive on the VCR
    field of battle, they initially head for the planet in the middle, not
    the Dangerous Target they were meant to. Meanwhile the T Rex has reached
    the planet already and "broken the spell" and is now free to move where
    it likes. It begins dancing around and shooting at the Ill Winds who
    still head towards the planet at the centre, but in a less organised
    way, breaking formation slightly as the big ship fires on them and
    coming into T Rex range one by one. So they die. Only one shoots back at
    the T Rex at a time.

    Whereas if they are on First Wave, both they and the T Rex head for the
    planet first (again) but arrive at the same time, so the Ill Winds are
    clumped tightly and kill the T Rex in 350 ticks.

    We need an option - "ignore planet" 8)
    --
    Paul Honigmann
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    Gabor Törö wrote:
    > I once (lost after rebuilding the pc) owned the piece of code which
    caculated the odds for pds to hit fighters. Like it was there
    > (incredible high odds to hit fighters) I guess it is the same for
    the fighters odds to hit a target. There seems to be an
    > "overflow" in the odds which produced at any stats odds much to high.
    Probably over 1 which are then all cut to 1. No differences
    > between different fighters then...
    >
    > GFM GToeroe

    Well if that would be the case, the fighters would hit much more often
    the target (and I recall a different behaviour and hitting probability
    from the year 2003).
    The thing is that if ie. just take the sum of the rutzies attack rating
    and the beam accuracy it is just 35 - of the Ahir it is 180. If we now
    substract 100 points for the evasive rating of the Loki with the
    evasive ets - the chance to hit would be negative for the rutzie (it
    still hits about 10 % of the times - of course sometimes more sometimes
    less), the Ahirs on the other hand hit with about the same probability.
    And yes for the othe fighters it was not different.

    And no that is no overflow, since the stats simply did not matter.

    Similiar does it look with PDs of ships shooting on fighters, with the
    sxception that the pds did always hit.
  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    The IC is more effective on much larger ships than the Quitesses.

    The Quiteess mass is small enough that it keeps getting knocked back by
    the 100 ICs keeping the ICs from doing any damage. (But also preventing
    the Quitess from doing damage to the base)
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    Paul wrote: ; their battle commands are overridden by an unnatural
    desire to race to the planet at the centre of the screen and they
    forget
    their orders until they reach it. "

    I'd like to see this gone too. I mean it's honourable to go and salute
    your enemies at the centre of the battle field and all but to be
    honest, it's a bit too civilised for my taste. =)

    Skies
  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    "Nameless" <unknown_ai@web.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1113501121.885105.254240@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
    > Not really tested anything with the new host yet except for a few
    > fighter ship battles.
    > And then how do you compute the fighter hitting the ship probability.
    > There seems to be a small problem with this.
    >
    > It is actually very humeruos to consider that the viper seems to have
    > at least an equal hitting probability as the Ahir - eventhough the sum
    > of attack rating and beam accuracy is 100 points higher on the Ahir...

  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    With Diplomat:

    Quietus (1SC1BC2PPC) with attack ground against 100 IC base. Both sides fire a bit against each other nothing really serious
    seems to happen and the vcr stop suddenly at tick 325 without a winner.
    The same but with attack ground off: vcr lasts till tick 3750. The Qietus leaves the floor with 26% shields.

    If IC are really this harmless then we can kill them at all.

    GFM GToeroe

    "cocomax" <cocomax@aol.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1113455563.475203.189950@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
    > I need some testers to test a new host, the combat code should be
    > better. Objects have been slowed down so they are not jumping all over
    > the place.
    >
    > The new host sits at:
    > http://homepage.mac.com/ti2gr/.Public/host192.exe
    >
    > New stuff included:
    >
    > Exotics like energized sand and sand shields no longer are 100%
    > effective.
    >
    > Sand Casters toned down in power against fighters.
    >
    > A bad ship transporter error was fixed.
    >
    > Glory Device only BBQ's 15,000 worms a blast.
    >
    > Spice producion by worms reduced.
    >
    > Base ION Cannons only work if the shields are turned off.
    >
    > Base ION Cannons use 10 ord per shot, instead of just 1 ord
    >
    > The bug that causes robot fighters to vanish has been fixed.
    >
    > Ships with a hull mass over 690 have improved PD systems, ships with a
    > hull mass over 1200 have an improved PD system and ships with a hull
    > mass over 1800 have an even better PD system
    >
    > Comments welcome.
    >
    > Tim

  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    The QCC wasn't knocked back.

    And a new test host host193 and an ACB and a 100 IC base showed a similar effect:
    While the SCB is firing on the base lot's of times and probably inflicting great damage the 100 IC sratching only the surface of
    the ACB's shieleds.

    500 IC are only to nearly take out the shields. So what is the use of them now? They make so little damage that keeping shields
    always is the better way.

    <joncnunn@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1113580497.069939.187250@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
    > The IC is more effective on much larger ships than the Quitesses.
    >
    > The Quiteess mass is small enough that it keeps getting knocked back by
    > the 100 ICs keeping the ICs from doing any damage. (But also preventing
    > the Quitess from doing damage to the base)

Video Games