Desperately need help setting up WHS 2003

kakoshka

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
Hi all, this is my first time tinkering with networks and servers so i apologize in advance :)

As it stands i have a copy of Windows Home Server 2003 installed on an old computer with a 2tb HDD attached, 32bit. The issue is couldn't configure my 2wire 2701HGV-W modem to work with remote access and the server itself cannot access the internet. That modem was not UPnP enabled and after manual configuration of the firewall didn't work I managed to find a D-Link Wireless N router DIR 615 off a mate. However, I cannot install it as it obviously requires an existing connection to my modem which I cannot seem to establish.

I dont know if its networking issues, or the fact I cant seem to use the internet connection wizard... :S Although I'm not sure, it may also be due to a reformat of the hdd to install WHS and me not having any drivers for the motherboard available, would this cause issues? Do i need o install network drivers?

The Wireless N router is working on my 64bit main pc, which can get internet access from either the main modem or the router. Oh and as it is 64bit I've ran into difficulty installing the client connect software on it? While its not a massive issue as Im mainly building this to connect with a 32bit laptop I'm getting soon, it would still be nice so set it up for back ups.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated,
Michael