Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Kodak DX7590 or DX 7630 Question

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
February 1, 2005 1:40:48 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Am contemplating buying a digital camera within next few weeks. Has
anyone here had any experience with either of these 2 cameras?


Lee
remove NO SPAMMERS for email
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 2:30:05 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Lee wrote:
> Am contemplating buying a digital camera within next few weeks. Has
> anyone here had any experience with either of these 2 cameras?
>
>
> Lee
> remove NO SPAMMERS for email

I've got the DX6490, the predecessor of the 7590 and it's nearly identical. I
love the 10x zoom and manual controls it has although I wish it could focus a
bit quicker. I think that is less of an issue in the 7590.

--
--
Ben Thomas - Software Engineer - Melbourne, Australia

My Digital World:
Kodak DX6490, Canon i9950, Pioneer A05;
Hitachi 37" HD plasma display, DGTEC 2000A,
Denon 2800, H/K AVR4500, Whatmough Encore;
Sony Ericsson K700i, Palm Tungsten T.

Disclaimer:
Opinions, conclusions, and other information in this message that do not
relate to the official business of my employer shall be understood as neither
given nor endorsed by it.
February 2, 2005 4:33:22 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 23:30:05 GMT, Ben Thomas <nosp@m.thanks.mate>
wrote:

>Lee wrote:
>> Am contemplating buying a digital camera within next few weeks. Has
>> anyone here had any experience with either of these 2 cameras?
>>
>>
>> Lee
>> remove NO SPAMMERS for email
>
>I've got the DX6490, the predecessor of the 7590 and it's nearly identical. I
>love the 10x zoom and manual controls it has although I wish it could focus a
>bit quicker. I think that is less of an issue in the 7590.
>
>--

It is with the new firmware upgrade. If only us 6490 users could get
an upgrade. :-(

Dave
Related resources
February 2, 2005 10:53:15 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Dave <dmjohn29@REMOVE.hotmail.com> wrote in
news:ejl1019ho5eslckebghotfr77lcbdh87hi@4ax.com:

> On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 23:30:05 GMT, Ben Thomas <nosp@m.thanks.mate>
> wrote:
>
>>Lee wrote:
>>> Am contemplating buying a digital camera within next few weeks. Has
>>> anyone here had any experience with either of these 2 cameras?
>>>
>>>
>>> Lee
>>> remove NO SPAMMERS for email
>>
>>I've got the DX6490, the predecessor of the 7590 and it's nearly
>>identical. I love the 10x zoom and manual controls it has although I
>>wish it could focus a bit quicker. I think that is less of an issue in
>>the 7590.
>>
>>--
>
> It is with the new firmware upgrade. If only us 6490 users could get
> an upgrade. :-(
>
> Dave
>

I am getting a 6490 tomorrow. I hope I am doing the right thing. Lets
face it though anything would be an improvement over my Aiptek pocketcam
3 mega would it?
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 10:53:16 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Me wrote:
> Dave <dmjohn29@REMOVE.hotmail.com> wrote in
> news:ejl1019ho5eslckebghotfr77lcbdh87hi@4ax.com:
>
>
>>On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 23:30:05 GMT, Ben Thomas <nosp@m.thanks.mate>
>>wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Lee wrote:
>>>
>>>>Am contemplating buying a digital camera within next few weeks. Has
>>>>anyone here had any experience with either of these 2 cameras?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>Lee
>>>>remove NO SPAMMERS for email
>>>
>>>I've got the DX6490, the predecessor of the 7590 and it's nearly
>>>identical. I love the 10x zoom and manual controls it has although I
>>>wish it could focus a bit quicker. I think that is less of an issue in
>>>the 7590.
>>>
>>>--
>>
>>It is with the new firmware upgrade. If only us 6490 users could get
>>an upgrade. :-(
>>
>>Dave
>>
>
>
> I am getting a 6490 tomorrow. I hope I am doing the right thing. Lets
> face it though anything would be an improvement over my Aiptek pocketcam
> 3 mega would it?

For SURE. I am pretty sure you will enjoy it.
February 3, 2005 3:20:05 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

I have both. In fact I just got back from a long weekend in the Tucson area,
and took several hundred pictures with each. A summary of my opinions about
these 2 cameras (I have had the 7590 for about 3 months, the 7630 about 6
months). Over all picture quality, I have found the 7630 to have slightly
more brilliant colors, sharper detail. Of course it is also lighter and
smaller to carry. The 7590 electronic viewfinder drives me crazy in bright
sunlight or very dim light. Sometimes you just cannot see your image through
it. Both cameras are easy to hold. The reason I like the 7590 is the 10X
zoom vs the 3X of the 7630. Wow. The detail for a zoom that strong is very
good. Does well, even is less than ideal lighting conditions. I shoot mostly
outdoor scenes, especially of mountains and panoramas. I have taken the same
identical picture with both cameras, and where distance is not a factor,
greatly prefer the 7630. I have tried the adapter and lens for the 7630, but
am not pleased with the focus. Maybe I just need more practice. If you like,
I could email you a sample from each.

"Lee" <busyNOSPAMMERSbee@speakeasy.net> wrote in message
news:D l8vv0tr3n44ttcl4if0eq3havcmticc6g@4ax.com...
> Am contemplating buying a digital camera within next few weeks. Has
> anyone here had any experience with either of these 2 cameras?
>
>
> Lee
> remove NO SPAMMERS for email
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 7:54:31 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Lee wrote:
> Am contemplating buying a digital camera within next few weeks. Has
> anyone here had any experience with either of these 2 cameras?
>
>
> Lee
> remove NO SPAMMERS for email

Good review at "http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/kodak/dx7590-review/"
A good deal at around $350 (after the rebate).

Probably would avoid the 7630, as there are better choices.
February 3, 2005 3:07:01 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Please do send the samples.
Thanks
Lee
remove NO SPAMMERS for email

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 00:20:05 GMT, "DonR"
<drennardnospam@earthlink.net> wrote:

>snipped
>If you like,
>I could email you a sample from each.
>
>"Lee" <busyNOSPAMMERSbee@speakeasy.net> wrote in message
>news:D l8vv0tr3n44ttcl4if0eq3havcmticc6g@4ax.com...
>> Am contemplating buying a digital camera within next few weeks. Has
>> anyone here had any experience with either of these 2 cameras?
>>
>>
>> Lee
>> remove NO SPAMMERS for email
>
February 3, 2005 3:09:19 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Read that review but wanted some other opinions. Always like to have
more than one source for info - especially when spending several
hundred dollars on an item.

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 04:54:31 GMT, "Steven M. Scharf"
<scharf.steven@linkearth.net> wrote:

>Lee wrote:
>> Am contemplating buying a digital camera within next few weeks. Has
>> anyone here had any experience with either of these 2 cameras?
>>
>>
>> Lee
>> remove NO SPAMMERS for email
>
>Good review at "http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/kodak/dx7590-review/"
>A good deal at around $350 (after the rebate).
>
>Probably would avoid the 7630, as there are better choices.

Lee
remove NO SPAMMERS for email
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 1:52:30 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Hi Lee,

Sorry I did not see your post till today.

I work for Kodak and have that model here and have used quite a bit over the
holidays. In an unbiased way, I think it is one of the best we have offered
yet. I love the zoom and the external flash (best feature for me). Yields
great pictures and is easy to carry. There are a lot of features on the
camera to cover just about any situation, with compensation for flash and
exposure. Lots of manual settings as well. You will be pleased.

Of course, if you have any questions, I am here for you, let me know.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company



"Lee" <busyNOSPAMMERSbee@speakeasy.net> wrote in message
news:D l8vv0tr3n44ttcl4if0eq3havcmticc6g@4ax.com...
> Am contemplating buying a digital camera within next few weeks. Has
> anyone here had any experience with either of these 2 cameras?
>
>
> Lee
> remove NO SPAMMERS for email
!