1000MHz Hyper Transport 2000 MT vs 2600MHz Hyper Transport (5200 MT/s)

I would like the answer to this also. I don't doubt there is some, but is it enough to justify paying a minimum of $60 on a new motherboard? Based on the recent sub-$200 CPU article, there is no longer a price point at which an entirely new system shouldn't be Intel (sad, but the numbers don't lie); for someone with already higher-end AMD parts, with no budget for a complete upgrade / rebuild, will replacing a 2000MT/s mobo with a 5200MT/s mobo yield a difference worth the price? Does the answer change if two GPUs will be used?
I'd love to see just a couple of benchmarks; one CPU-dependent game (e.g. Skyrim) and one GPU-dependent title (e.g. Metro 2033). Testing with a 955 or 965, 4GB of RAM, and one or two HD6780 GPUs, how much difference is there, if only the mobo is changed?

alohascott

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
I guess we will have to do it.
I love how helpful everyone is here.

i need a working ddr2 board, to test my ddr2 ram i am selling.

I have the asrock a770de+ which is a full atx board with no onboard video.
it would probably be best for crossfire setup.

and the

asrock n68c-s ucc which is a micro atx board and has both ddr2 and ddr3 ram slots.

which one of these boards should i use for our testing?

I have a ton of amd cpu am3 and am2+

and a ton of video cards are coming and going all the time.

I do quite often get several of the same card so a crossfire set up should be not to difficult.

which benchmarks should we try?

I am not a gamer myself so we will need to use benchmarking and not games to judge the results.