Know Anything about New Pentax DSLR?

Last response: in Digital Camera
February 1, 2005 3:45:27 PM

Has anyone heard if Pentax will introduce a DSLR with a higher resolution
than the *istD? That one is only 6.1MP. With Nikon, Canon, Fuji, etc. all
introducing 10MP+ bodies I'm hoping Pentax will catch-up soon. I'd switch
to Nikon, but that would mean spending an incredible amount of money just to
replace my current lenses!

If you know anything, please let me know.

Thanks,
Ken

kenregular@3web.net

More about : pentax dslr

February 2, 2005 2:14:09 AM

Hay Matt,

That's great. A Pentax *ist DLX Pro 12MP dSLR. Obviously Pentax has not
started shipping it yet. But that convinces me to wait.

Thanks,
Ken

"matt_byrd" <Matt_Byrd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Wrong link, try this
> http://www.upcdatabase.com/item.pl?upc=027075076662

February 2, 2005 8:55:33 AM

In article <42003e6f_1@news.cybersurf.net>, tvtv@lmnoptv.com says...
> Hay Matt,
>
> That's great. A Pentax *ist DLX Pro 12MP dSLR. Obviously Pentax has not
> started shipping it yet. But that convinces me to wait.
>
> Thanks,
> Ken

Dont hold your breath, the camera doesn't exsist, its a phony entry.

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.

Just out of curiousity...do you know how hard it is for anyone to register this for
the sake of a spoof?
Does it cost a lot of money to register a upc?

And does a upc means that the camera is a dead cert to come out?
February 2, 2005 8:29:42 PM

In article <11017c8r4f5ju86@corp.supernews.com>, wilsonj@yahoo.com says...
> Just out of curiousity...do you know how hard it is for anyone to register this for
> the sake of a spoof?
> Does it cost a lot of money to register a upc?
>
> And does a upc means that the camera is a dead cert to come out?

The UPC means nothing at all... Simply having it on the site does NOT imply
that the product exsists, it simply implys that someone took the ime and
trouble to enter it.

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.

"James Wilson" <wilsonj@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Just out of curiousity...do you know how hard it is for anyone to register
this for
> the sake of a spoof?
> Does it cost a lot of money to register a upc?
>
> And does a upc means that the camera is a dead cert to come out?

It is a spoof! Pentax will probably replace the *ist D with a new camera
using Sony's 10 megapixel sensor. 14 is a hoax.
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 1:12:02 AM

> It is a spoof! Pentax will probably replace the *ist D with a new camera
> using Sony's 10 megapixel sensor. 14 is a hoax.

Okay. I wondered if it might be a spoof too. The date the UPC was
registered was the same date I asked. Thought that was 'convenient.'

Anyhow, why do you think Pentax will use Sony's sensor at 10MP? Is Pentax
using a Sony sensor for the *istD & DS?

Any guesses on when they may ship a new DSLR to market? I have to go to
Kenya in May and I don't want to have a 6.1MP camera. Something higher
would be much better. And like I said before, I don't want to have to swap
all my Pentax lenses to another system like Nikon. The cost would be too
much.

Cheers!
Ken

kenregular@3web.net
February 3, 2005 1:12:03 AM

My guesses are based on the fact that Nikon, Minolta and Pentax dSLRs
currently use Sony CCDs. The D200(?) will probably switch to a in-house
developed CMOS as started with the D2X. Pentax doesn't have a in-house
fabrication plant, nor does Konica-Minolta. My feeling is they will buy off
the shelf, hence the use of an existing product. Sony hasn't produced a
APS-C dSLR so the chip will be used somewhere.

"KMR" <tvtv@lmnoptv.com> wrote in message

> > It is a spoof! Pentax will probably replace the *ist D with a new camera
> > using Sony's 10 megapixel sensor. 14 is a hoax.
>
> Okay. I wondered if it might be a spoof too. The date the UPC was
> registered was the same date I asked. Thought that was 'convenient.'
>
> Anyhow, why do you think Pentax will use Sony's sensor at 10MP? Is Pentax
> using a Sony sensor for the *istD & DS?
>
> Any guesses on when they may ship a new DSLR to market? I have to go to
> Kenya in May and I don't want to have a 6.1MP camera. Something higher
> would be much better. And like I said before, I don't want to have to
swap
> all my Pentax lenses to another system like Nikon. The cost would be too
> much.
>
> Cheers!
> Ken
>

> kenregular@3web.net

Anonymous
February 3, 2005 1:26:49 AM

Hi any cameras currently using this 10MP sensor?

And what crop factor is it?

"Darrell" <dev/null> wrote in message

> "James Wilson" <wilsonj@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Just out of curiousity...do you know how hard it is for anyone to
register
> this for
> > the sake of a spoof?
> > Does it cost a lot of money to register a upc?
> >
> > And does a upc means that the camera is a dead cert to come out?
> >
> It is a spoof! Pentax will probably replace the *ist D with a new camera
> using Sony's 10 megapixel sensor. 14 is a hoax.

February 3, 2005 1:26:50 AM

None as of yet. The chip is a APS-C
\
"Morris Smith" <msmith@pacnet.com> wrote in message
> Hi any cameras currently using this 10MP sensor?
>
> And what crop factor is it?
>
> "Darrell" <dev/null> wrote in message
> >
> > "James Wilson" <wilsonj@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > Just out of curiousity...do you know how hard it is for anyone to
> register
> > this for
> > > the sake of a spoof?
> > > Does it cost a lot of money to register a upc?
> > >
> > > And does a upc means that the camera is a dead cert to come out?
> > >
> > It is a spoof! Pentax will probably replace the *ist D with a new camera
> > using Sony's 10 megapixel sensor. 14 is a hoax.

Anonymous
February 3, 2005 10:04:56 AM

"Darrell" <dev/null> wrote in message news:6oudnZ11EOOvep3fRVn-sQ@rogers.com...
> None as of yet. The chip is a APS-C

So is that 1.5 or 1.6 X ?
February 3, 2005 10:04:57 AM

> "Darrell" <dev/null> wrote in message
> > None as of yet. The chip is a APS-C
>

> So is that 1.5 or 1.6 X ?

The Canon CMOS are 1.6x, the Sony based CCD is 1.5x. AS Pentax et al are
making a entire series of DA lenses I doubt they'll switch now.
!