Progam to combine 4 photos into one file

Last response: in Digital Camera
February 1, 2005 8:47:16 PM

Any one know of a program which will combine four .jpg images into one .jpg
file to enable them to be viewed as one image ?
I have Qimage which will do this as a print job but I am looking for a file
result, not a print out.

Regards, Barry
February 1, 2005 8:47:17 PM

york-y-man wrote:
> Any one know of a program which will combine four .jpg images into one .jpg
> file to enable them to be viewed as one image ?
> I have Qimage which will do this as a print job but I am looking for a file
> result, not a print out.
>
> Regards, Barry

Paint Shop Pro will do it. You start by setting up a "canvas" large enough to holfd the 4 pictures, with a little space to
spare. Then copy and paste each one into the canvas and move them into alignment. Save the new composite image.
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 8:47:17 PM

york-y-man wrote:
> Any one know of a program which will combine four .jpg images into one .jpg
> file to enable them to be viewed as one image ?
> I have Qimage which will do this as a print job but I am looking for a file
> result, not a print out.
>
> Regards, Barry

When you get the final image the way you like it, instead of going to
FILE > PRINT, go to FILE > SAVE AS. Then save it in a file folder of
your choice.
Bob Williams
February 1, 2005 8:47:17 PM

york-y-man wrote:

> Any one know of a program which will combine four .jpg images into one .jpg
> file to enable them to be viewed as one image ?
> I have Qimage which will do this as a print job but I am looking for a file
> result, not a print out.

What's your budget ?

Any image editor that supports layers will do this. Most
image editors do support layers.
February 1, 2005 8:47:17 PM

Irfanview (free) and others will do contact sheets if this is what you mean.

york-y-man wrote:
> Any one know of a program which will combine four .jpg images into one .jpg
> file to enable them to be viewed as one image ?
> I have Qimage which will do this as a print job but I am looking for a file
> result, not a print out.
>
> Regards, Barry

February 1, 2005 8:47:18 PM

Photoshop will do the same
Marcel

"Marvin" <physchemNOSPAM@cloud9.net> wrote in message
> york-y-man wrote:
> > Any one know of a program which will combine four .jpg images into one
..jpg
> > file to enable them to be viewed as one image ?
> > I have Qimage which will do this as a print job but I am looking for a
file
> > result, not a print out.
> >
> > Regards, Barry
> >

> Paint Shop Pro will do it. You start by setting up a "canvas" large
enough to holfd the 4 pictures, with a little space to
> spare. Then copy and paste each one into the canvas and move them into
alignment. Save the new composite image.
February 1, 2005 8:47:18 PM

Bob,
Are you talking about Qimage?
If so, there is no save as...
Marcel

"Bob Williams" <mytbobnospam@cox.net> wrote in message

> york-y-man wrote:
> > Any one know of a program which will combine four .jpg images into one
..jpg
> > file to enable them to be viewed as one image ?
> > I have Qimage which will do this as a print job but I am looking for a
file
> > result, not a print out.
> >
> > Regards, Barry
> >

> When you get the final image the way you like it, instead of going to
> FILE > PRINT, go to FILE > SAVE AS. Then save it in a file folder of
> your choice.
> Bob Williams

Anonymous
February 1, 2005 8:47:19 PM

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 14:28:20 -0500, in rec.photo.digital "Marcel"
<cosmar@rogers.com> wrote:

>Bob,
>Are you talking about Qimage?
>If so, there is no save as...

>"Bob Williams" <mytbobnospam@cox.net> wrote in message

>> When you get the final image the way you like it, instead of going to
>> FILE > PRINT, go to FILE > SAVE AS. Then save it in a file folder of
>> your choice.

First go to File => Print To and select file.

Then when you print you are given the option to print to JPG, TIF or BMP.

----------
See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
February 1, 2005 10:22:21 PM

york-y-man wrote:
> Any one know of a program which will combine four .jpg images into one .jpg
> file to enable them to be viewed as one image ?
> I have Qimage which will do this as a print job but I am looking for a file
> result, not a print out.
>
> Regards, Barry

If you've a lot to do, ImageMagick might help. It does a lot of
different things, IIRC tiling is one.
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 12:07:09 AM

If you mean aligning several images horizontally or vertically, the graphic
viewer XnView can do the job (http://www.xnview.com). In XnView the function
is called "Create panorama" (misleading).

york-y-man wrote:
> Any one know of a program which will combine four .jpg images into one
> .jpg
> file to enable them to be viewed as one image ?
> I have Qimage which will do this as a print job but I am looking for a
> file
> result, not a print out.
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 8:37:50 PM

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 17:47:16 -0000, "york-y-man"
<barry@*takethisout*ashfield.karoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Any one know of a program which will combine four .jpg images into one .jpg
> file to enable them to be viewed as one image ?
> I have Qimage which will do this as a print job but I am looking for a file
> result, not a print out.

Picassa 2 will do the job for nothing.

Google it.
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 10:33:41 PM

"york-y-man" <barry@*takethisout*ashfield.karoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Any one know of a program which will combine four .jpg images into one
> .jpg
> file to enable them to be viewed as one image ?
> I have Qimage which will do this as a print job but I am looking for a
> file
> result, not a print out.
>
> Regards, Barry

I got this message from Mike Chaney, Qimage.
I tried it and it works.......
Amazing support
regards
http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/
"Qimage does this easily.
Just go to the FILE menu and locate the PRINT TO selection. Open that, and
select print to FILE for WEB.
Then click the print button as if you were printing to paper, and it will
make exactly what you want.
Tech Support"

Anonymous
February 2, 2005 11:20:18 PM

Just tried it with Qimage and it works great !
(now I can get multilpe images onto ebay ! )

Thanks for the help,
Barry
"Ed Ruf" <egruf_usenet@cox.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 14:28:20 -0500, in rec.photo.digital "Marcel"
> <cosmar@rogers.com> wrote:
>
> >Bob,
> >Are you talking about Qimage?
> >If so, there is no save as...
>

> >"Bob Williams" <mytbobnospam@cox.net> wrote in message
>
> >> When you get the final image the way you like it, instead of going to
> >> FILE > PRINT, go to FILE > SAVE AS. Then save it in a file folder of
> >> your choice.
>
> First go to File => Print To and select file.
>
> Then when you print you are given the option to print to JPG, TIF or BMP.
>

> ----------
> http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photography/General/index...
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 11:20:19 PM

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 20:20:18 -0000, in rec.photo.digital "york-y-man"
<barry@*takethisout*ashfield.karoo.co.uk> wrote:

>Just tried it with Qimage and it works great !
>> >Are you talking about Qimage?
>> >If so, there is no save as...

>> First go to File => Print To and select file.
>>
>> Then when you print you are given the option to print to JPG, TIF or BMP.

You're welcome. This will also allow one to use the more advanced
interpolation algorithms such as pyramid or vector to upsample images.
See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at