Closed

Cursor row of dots

This is a continuation of an earlier thread that was closed by mousemonkey.

Mousemonkey said:
This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey

I am having the same problem as many others in that my mouse cursor will occasionally transform into a vertical line of 8 dots. Unlike many others with this problems, I do not have any games installed. Shaking the cursor will (sometimes) fix it, although it often takes a while to work.

I have an ASUS Radeon HD 3850 card and a dual display system, but this is a problem that only recently has started, and I have had the card for some time now.

The problem began after enlarging the size of the cursor, but I have no idea whether the two are connected. Could be a case of post hoc ergo propter hoc reasoning.

Perhaps if people keep documenting the situation in which they encounter this problem, we will be able to identify the common element.
3 answers Last reply
More about cursor dots
  1. Try uninstalling drivers then cleaning the leftovers using driver sweeper under safe mode, If that don't solve it then a clean install should.
  2. wiinippongamer said:
    Try uninstalling drivers then cleaning the leftovers using driver sweeper under safe mode, If that don't solve it then a clean install should.

Actually, it turned out that the problem was that I had chosen an alternate cursor. When I reverted to the standard cursor, the problem disappeared.

Thanks anyway.
  3. zaimokoya said:
    This is a continuation of an earlier thread that was closed by mousemonkey.

So which thread was that then? Necro or hijack?
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Cursor Graphics