Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Cursor row of dots

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 10, 2010 5:13:19 PM

This is a continuation of an earlier thread that was closed by mousemonkey.

Mousemonkey said:
This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey

I am having the same problem as many others in that my mouse cursor will occasionally transform into a vertical line of 8 dots. Unlike many others with this problems, I do not have any games installed. Shaking the cursor will (sometimes) fix it, although it often takes a while to work.

I have an ASUS Radeon HD 3850 card and a dual display system, but this is a problem that only recently has started, and I have had the card for some time now.

The problem began after enlarging the size of the cursor, but I have no idea whether the two are connected. Could be a case of post hoc ergo propter hoc reasoning.

Perhaps if people keep documenting the situation in which they encounter this problem, we will be able to identify the common element.

More about : cursor row dots

December 11, 2010 3:13:01 AM

Try uninstalling drivers then cleaning the leftovers using driver sweeper under safe mode, If that don't solve it then a clean install should.
Score
December 19, 2010 2:41:41 PM

wiinippongamer said:
Try uninstalling drivers then cleaning the leftovers using driver sweeper under safe mode, If that don't solve it then a clean install should.

Actually, it turned out that the problem was that I had chosen an alternate cursor. When I reverted to the standard cursor, the problem disappeared.

Thanks anyway.
Score
December 19, 2010 3:00:30 PM

zaimokoya said:
This is a continuation of an earlier thread that was closed by mousemonkey.

So which thread was that then? Necro or hijack?
Score
!