Host 193 question about base shield

Tim,

With host 193:
New: Base ION Cannons only work when the shield is turned off

Question is if a base shield gets destroyed during a combat
vcr by fighters or by a super weapon and this base has ION
cannon and ord available, will the Ion cannon begin to fire
at the attackers after the base shield gets destroyed by combat?
I have not tested this with host 193.

Also in the past base shields have been set to auto turn on
even if they had been assigned an off position during a vcr combat.
This includes the function of the automattic Solorian base shield
which is dependent upon the size of its population.

Question do the players now have control over the on/off switch
of the base shield or do they still auto turn on?
Does this include the Solorian?
I have not tested this either with host 193.
7 answers Last reply
More about host question base shield

    If a base shield is lost in combat, the ION cannons SHOULD begin firing
    automatically. That is the desired behavior.

    Tim

    Your shield will appear and protect you, if your shield is taken out
    your ion cannons will open up and fire at the enemy.

    Tim

    Your shield will appear and protect you, if your shield is taken out
    your ion cannons will open up and fire at the enemy.

    Tim

    And so we can now park in orbit over a
    base with ION cannon plus a base shield
    and target the
    planet with super lasers and destroy
    the planet without any return fire ever
    from ION cannons.

    Or assimilate the base without ION
    cannon return fire.
    Neet I like it.

    Whats going on with solorians? I mean a 10 Mio colonists base only have a
    shield in battle ... i can't disable the shield if i have ion cannons ...

    So what will occur? Will my ion cannons fire or will the shield appear and
    disrupt that?

    Mydgard

    "cocomax" <cocomax@aol.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > If a base shield is lost in combat, the ION cannons SHOULD begin firing
    > automatically. That is the desired behavior.
    >
    > Tim

    Seems like your enemy has to be smart enough to turn off the base shield ...
    yes

    Lordfire

    "minime-hammer" <Dctr__Evil@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > And so we can now park in orbit over a
    > base with ION cannon plus a base shield
    > and target the
    > planet with super lasers and destroy
    > the planet without any return fire ever
    > from ION cannons.
    >
    > Or assimilate the base without ION
    > cannon return fire.
    > Neet I like it.

    Actually in the first case, Super Laser inside a VCR doesn't destroy
    planets, just bases and ships.
    And inside the VCR, the Base Shield will stop that shot from blowing up
    the base at the cost of the base shield.

    So assuming no fighters invovled [that could take the base shield down
    early], the defening Ion Cannons get to fire between the times of the
    first Super Laser shot to the base and the second one.

    As to assmilation, they simply leave ground attack off when assmilating
    bases anyway. No ship with ground attack on => no base appearing in the
    VCR -> I'm so sorry so wasted your money on base defenses, but don't
    worry I'll find a new home for them.

Games Video Games