Sign in with
Your question

Gateway FX6801 power switch connection??

Last response: in Motherboards
January 12, 2012 9:57:15 PM

on the FX6801-01, can anyone tell me which 2 pins on the FP1 connector does the power switch connect to?
a c 328 V Motherboard
January 12, 2012 10:30:27 PM

drdelp said:
on the FX6801-01, can anyone tell me which 2 pins on the FP1 connector does the power switch connect to?

m
l
January 13, 2012 8:24:51 PM

nikorr, thanks for replying to my post, I appreciate your time and input. My concern is that the Gateway FX6801 motherboard is propriatary, the FP1 connector has no labels, and from the factory, the only connector attached to it was the 2-wire power switch (all other front panel functions are fed from the USB connectors on the motherboard and go up to an enclosure at the front-top of the case.) UPDATE: I just took a chance, and jumped the 2nd set of pins (from the right), and it works; problem solved. Thanks very much, drdelp
m
l
Related resources
January 21, 2012 5:14:08 PM

im having the same issue i took out my motherboard to clean it on my gateway FX6801-03 and i cant find where to plug the 2 pin RED and white cable Power Switch connector onto the motherboard.. there is no label on my motherboard anywhere for it...... ughhhh i tried for like 5 hours to find it with no luck..
m
l
January 25, 2012 5:29:31 AM

anyone please help!! i really need to find the spot on the motherboard for my gateway fx6801-03, to plug :whistle:  the front power switch into.. i use my computer for work so i need help Urgently! any help is very much Appreciated
m
l
January 29, 2012 12:28:06 AM

fibercarbon said:
anyone please help!! i really need to find the spot on the motherboard for my gateway fx6801-03, to plug :whistle:  the front power switch into.. i use my computer for work so i need help Urgently! any help is very much Appreciated

The 2-wire power connector attaches to the white header on the lower edge of the motherboard (about 1 inch from the lower right corner); It is attached to the 2nd pair of pins from the right of the header, closest to the edge of the MB; see image; hope this helps. drdelp" alt="" class="imgLz frmImg " />
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 30, 2012 1:29:40 PM

Because that's the rules and if you don't like them then you shouldn't have agreed to abide by them, which you did when you signed up for an account.
m
l
!