Fantastic option to todays rapid technology changes...

Device Unknown

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Let me preface this with; I am in no way affiliated with Microcenter or it's subsidiaries.

I wanted to possibly inform you guys with something rather new from Microcenter. It''s their buyback plans.

I recently went in locally and bought a whole new system (listed in my sig). The sales rep explaned something to me that I fell in love with immediately.
100% store credit up to 2 years (renewable) on purchases on most components. This was an epiphany!
Example, I bought a 65602g reference card for like $350 (forget exact). I purchased a $30 dollar plan for 2 years. Now, anything in the next 2 years I can simply return the card and get a $350 store credit for anything I want. (available online also) This is outrageously handy. We all know how fast technology changes. Within a year my 6950(flashed to 6970) will be old school. I can simply take my card in, get $350 credit and go get a new and updated card! PC components always hover around same starting price points. as new items are released the existing items are lowered in price. My 6550 will be worth MAYBE $200 in a year, and the new 7K series will be out in full force. the 6950 equivalent in the 7K series will be priced around $350. See where i am going with this?
I have never seen such a deal before and i spent the extra money on most my components to have this insurance. So in 6 mon to a year, expect to see my SIG change, with no cost to me.

Not sure of any caveats. If anyone knows of any let me know. But this was such a good idea I wanted to make sure you guys knew about this offer.

D

Deleted member 362816

Items have to be in 100% working like new condition to be able to return for the buyback unless you also bought a extended warrenty.. There is fine print to everything i hope you read it.

All that bestbuy and microcenter do it refurb it and sell it again works well for them. There prices are both usally higher then newegg and tigerdirect. The channels they get there parts from would make some laugh.