Good PSU for $150?

I need a good PSU. My budget for it is about $150. It will be powering an i52500K two spinning 7200RPM hard drives, one SSD, and two Radeon HD 6950s.

I am told 750W-850W is a good range to be looking for.

Can anyone recommend any power supply with my budget? I would like to stick with a trusted brand like corsair. Modular is nice but not needed.
10 answers Last reply
More about good
  1. Little more expensive then targetted ($9,99) but:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171057

    Otherwise slightly lower watts but should still be sufficient :

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171037
  2. soest009 said:
    Little more expensive then targetted ($9,99) but:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171057

    Otherwise slightly lower watts but should still be sufficient :

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171037



    Corsair > coolermaster in 95% of the reviews in a comparitive price range.
  3. Little too high. I really dont want to go over $150

    Looking at these:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139010

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371050

    If I remember right Antec is a trusted brand.
  4. jedinegotiator said:
    Little too high. I really dont want to go over $150

    Looking at these:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139010

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371050

    If I remember right Antec is a trusted brand.



    If that is the choices go with the corsair.

    But still for 20$ more the ax750 is better. Up to you but a good power supply is a good thing to have.
  5. cia24 said:
    Corsair > coolermaster in 95% of the reviews in a comparitive price range.



    Didn't know that for myselfe actually.
    Bought my psu 5 years ago and never needed a new one so didnt bother to look into it.
    Since i bought it it never let me down in any kind of way, so that is good enough for me :)
  6. soest009 said:
    Didn't know that for myselfe actually.
    Bought my psu 5 years ago and never needed a new one so didnt bother to look into it.
    Since i bought it it never let me down in any kind of way, so that is good enough for me :)



    Ok a select few models of coolermaster psus were great dont get me wrong, there a budget brand so many of them are horrible, compared to corsair which are all good even the budget ones.
  7. You can't go wrong with a Corsair, Antec, XFX, or a Seasonic. Seasonic is the OEM from the first three products.
  8. Buy the Corsair HX750 it's a rock-solid unit and very efficient.
    I have one!
    You won't regret it!
  9. ^+1 HX750 or HX850 Are solid modular units and better than the CoolerMaster
    The Cooler Master uses some cheaper parts (Taiwanese capacitors) to keep prices lower. Crazy way for them to save some money as they only cost pennies considering the bulk they would buy. Well CM doesn't manf. them anyway, and I don't think Gold really means anything and if it does then CM deserves to have it taken away.
    http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-Silent-Pro-Gold-800-W-Power-Supply-Review/1028

    The Corsair 750HX should be more than enough and you should be very happy with it.

    http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Corsair-HX750W-Power-Supply-Review/775/1

    HX750
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139010
    hx850
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139011&Tpk=hx850
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components Product