Fighters

The tests that I have been running are showing things like 100,000mc
work of Type 1 Robot fighters blowing away 85,000mc worth of Ill Winds
all armed with sand casters.

Fighters are doing alot better now, thanks to their new combat logic.

Tim
21 answers Last reply
More about fighters

    cocomax wrote:
    > The tests that I have been running are showing things like 100,000mc
    > work of Type 1 Robot fighters blowing away 85,000mc worth of Ill
    Winds
    > all armed with sand casters.
    >
    > Fighters are doing alot better now, thanks to their new combat logic.
    >
    > Tim

    I am actually curious in which setup the robot wings (and how many)
    were and also in which setup the Ill Winds were.
    You see I did get different results, of course in my scenario the 10
    Sand Casters did not shoot (would have used the Ord too fast for the 1
    MML - the 3 other PD were Turbo Laser). And the Ill Winds actually won
    (only 20 of them so less than 100 k mc) and that while not having the
    attack switched enabled and having random attack vector.

    And then I still do not call this fighter logic improved, different yes
    (in contrast to some older hosts except the test hosts).

    VCRs stop if there is no more shots are going to be fired.

    Tim

    Splitted wrote:
    > I love the new fighter combat logic, it looks more like they are
    "thinking"
    > how to sneak up to their enemy...
    >
    > I also tested and found out that it seems like more small wings do a
    lot
    > better than big ones now

    As it is, best is often a mix of many small wings and a few big ones.
    Why? Because SCs are not that good at killing small wings cheaply
    without a great deal of Ord. And it is very unlikely that the big wing
    gets hit to early.

    cocomax wrote:
    > VCRs stop if there is no more shots are going to be fired.
    >
    > Tim

    More like if no more shoots are going to be shoot there is a chance
    that combat ends early.

    Lordfire wrote:
    > Would you please stop being yourself, Nameless?

    Could you please be a little bit more specific.

    > I have become used to you while adressing most people, but if you
    adress the
    > creator of the greatest game I know (which only costs 15$ or so) this
    way my
    > stomach really get turned upside down!

    Do you mean the criticizing part of my posts (the actual fact that I am
    criticizing) or the way I do criticize.
    And then I am seeing there in general a little difference in adressing
    different people posting to this ng.

    > (Hope you get down to me know so that Tim has a higher chance to post
    in the
    > NG in future)

    I am actually seeing no connection between my posts and Tim not posting
    to the ng for some time...

    And I will get down on you anytime I want to. And then I remember a
    certain post
    of yours and your change in opinion from then to (k)now...

    Note that combat in Planets 4 has generally been high-point balance
    type / chaos and not low-point balance.

    What I mean is that have a little less power than your oppoent and lose
    big but if you swap it around and have a little more power than your
    oppoent then you win big.

    And when the strengths are identical, it's still generally going to be
    one side or the other taking a huge lead as a minor advantage from the
    RNG gets magnified.

    "cocomax" <cocomax@aol.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > The tests that I have been running are showing things like 100,000mc
    > work of Type 1 Robot fighters blowing away 85,000mc worth of Ill Winds
    > all armed with sand casters.
    >
    > Fighters are doing alot better now, thanks to their new combat logic.
    >
    > Tim

    I tested with one Cube and some Fighter Wings and to some reason, the VCR
    always ends before Tick 5000
    although the Cube has still armor and one wing ist left ...

    For Example they yust stop at tick 1434 and the VCR is over...

    Why does this happen ?

    "cocomax" <cocomax@aol.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > The tests that I have been running are showing things like 100,000mc
    > work of Type 1 Robot fighters blowing away 85,000mc worth of Ill Winds
    > all armed with sand casters.
    >
    > Fighters are doing alot better now, thanks to their new combat logic.
    >
    > Tim

    Would you please stop being yourself, Nameless?

    I have become used to you while adressing most people, but if you adress the
    creator of the greatest game I know (which only costs 15$ or so) this way my
    stomach really get turned upside down!

    (Hope you get down to me know so that Tim has a higher chance to post in the
    NG in future)

    Lordfire
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    >> Would you please stop being yourself, Nameless?
    >
    > Could you please be a little bit more specific.
    >
    >> I have become used to you while adressing most people, but if you
    > adress the
    >> creator of the greatest game I know (which only costs 15$ or so) this
    > way my
    >> stomach really get turned upside down!
    >
    > Do you mean the criticizing part of my posts (the actual fact that I am
    > criticizing) or the way I do criticize.
    > And then I am seeing there in general a little difference in adressing
    > different people posting to this ng.

    The way! Of course!!
    I don't think you don't understand by now that the way your write 'facts' is
    not the most charming one.

    >> (Hope you get down to me know so that Tim has a higher chance to post
    > in the
    >> NG in future)
    >
    > I am actually seeing no connection between my posts and Tim not posting
    > to the ng for some time...

    Nor do I.
    But I *do* that if I were Tim and there was a NG like this where I get
    postings like this I'd be gone with a little fxxx xxx at my lips.

    > And I will get down on you anytime I want to. And then I remember a
    > certain post
    > of yours and your change in opinion from then to (k)now...

    There was no change of opinion. I do critizise Tims ways of going along with
    VGAP often and regularily. I just really try to do it in a way that it
    actually could encourage Tim to do as I ask.

    Lordfire
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    same place, same song

    "Lordfire" <a@b.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3cd08cF6mcicoU1@uni-berlin.de...
    > >> Would you please stop being yourself, Nameless?
    > >
    > > Could you please be a little bit more specific.
    > >
    > >> I have become used to you while adressing most people, but if you
    > > adress the
    > >> creator of the greatest game I know (which only costs 15$ or so) this
    > > way my
    > >> stomach really get turned upside down!
    > >
    > > Do you mean the criticizing part of my posts (the actual fact that I am
    > > criticizing) or the way I do criticize.
    > > And then I am seeing there in general a little difference in adressing
    > > different people posting to this ng.
    >
    > The way! Of course!!
    > I don't think you don't understand by now that the way your write 'facts' is
    > not the most charming one.
    >

    > >> (Hope you get down to me know so that Tim has a higher chance to post
    > > in the
    > >> NG in future)
    > >
    > > I am actually seeing no connection between my posts and Tim not posting
    > > to the ng for some time...
    >
    > Nor do I.
    > But I *do* that if I were Tim and there was a NG like this where I get
    > postings like this I'd be gone with a little fxxx xxx at my lips.
    >

    > > And I will get down on you anytime I want to. And then I remember a
    > > certain post
    > > of yours and your change in opinion from then to (k)now...
    >
    > There was no change of opinion. I do critizise Tims ways of going along with
    > VGAP often and regularily. I just really try to do it in a way that it
    > actually could encourage Tim to do as I ask.
    >
    > Lordfire

  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    Whatever you say.

    And BTW JSC GToeroe could have meant something else.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    Gabor Törö wrote:
    > At least JSC GToeroe doesn't insult.

    As you say,JSC GToeroe,...

    Maybe you and the rest will at one point realize that this kind of
    comments, like the ones from Lordfire or the one from Icon (in this
    thread), about my posts will not achieve anything (except maybe
    disliking me some more).

    Of course valid critic can be seen as an insult - and to me it seems
    that Lordfire and Icon (as probably some others) are just doing this,
    but that is their problem not mine, at least as long as Tim makes it
    not clear that he does not like that kind of critic - and so far he has
    not.

    BTW not even Icons point about missing informative feedback is valid,
    granted that was not in that post, but in another one.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    "Nameless" <unknown_ai@web.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1113730221.956855.174020@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
    > Whatever you say.
    >
    > And BTW JSC GToeroe could have meant something else.

  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    Of course valid critic can be seen as an insult - and to me it seems
    that Lordfire and Icon (as probably some others) are just doing this,
    but that is their problem not mine, at least as long as Tim makes it
    not clear that he does not like that kind of critic - and so far he has
    not.

    This is most interesting.
    Since I first got to know you, Nameless, you wrote in way that had the
    tendency to be insulting.
    I always thought you knew that!! And I thought you wanted to write this way.

    So:
    I it is true opinion that you are one of the best VGAP players out there and
    are a highly intelligent person. I told so before - you and other people.

    Most of what youi say is correct - most of what you write to Tim was
    correct.
    It is the way - nothing more. Ask anybody here- everybody will agree - I am
    sure.

    If you want to change this:
    - Use question instead of orders:
    - Use 'could' instead of 'can' etc...
    - Don't write that you know things better without writing these things down.
    - Remember that everything people do here, is done in their free time and
    everything they imagine is done without any money in return. Nobody has any
    right to make anybody think through ideas 10 times before posting them.
    Often they are posted to that people who like to, do this. If Gabor posts a
    very detailed report don't tell him that detail X is not as detailed as it
    could be!

    That's it - and you will never have a problem with anybody here again.

    Lordfire
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    Lordfire wrote:
    >>Of course valid critic can be seen as an insult - and to me it seems
    >>that Lordfire and Icon (as probably some others) are just doing this,
    >>but that is their problem not mine, at least as long as Tim makes it
    >>not clear that he does not like that kind of critic - and so far he
    has
    >>not.

    >This is most interesting.
    >Since I first got to know you, Nameless, you wrote in way that had the
    >tendency to be insulting.

    More like a tendency to be perceived as insulting.

    >I always thought you knew that!! And I thought you wanted to write
    this way.

    I guess you are misinterpreting my post.
    Of course I knew that and I wanted to. It is just that it can be
    counter-productive,
    if Tim minds and does not see my critic and comments for what they are
    (just that critic and comments).

    >If you want to change this:
    >- Use question instead of orders:

    I seldom use orders.

    >- Use 'could' instead of 'can' etc...

    I could use 'can'.

    >- Don't write that you know things better without writing these things
    down.

    Oh some explanations can be rather long. Especially if still a
    discussion arises about it.

    >- Remember that everything people do here, is done in their free time
    and
    >everything they imagine is done without any money in return.

    That actually includes me also, and then take into account that I have
    not played planets for sometime.

    > Nobody has any
    >right to make anybody think through ideas 10 times before posting
    them.

    I do not have the right, and it is everybodies free choice,
    if he does think something through or not (whether it would be again or
    not).

    >Often they are posted to that people who like to, do this. If Gabor
    posts a
    >very detailed report don't tell him that detail X is not as detailed
    as it
    >could be!

    Why not? - You can see it as just pointing out, where still a problem
    exists.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    If you do not believe me it is your right to do so.

    But it is in your interest to believe me, when I say: You can have more
    influence, more fun and more friends if you write things down in a tactful
    way.

    Some ways to do this I just suggested.

    Lordfire
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    Sometimes Nameless I think you just like to stir the pot.

    I think Lordfire is just saying, "be tactful in your approach to the
    situation and the way you convey it".

    That's why I deleted the original flame against you, it was counter
    productive.

    I do think at times you have put in some very valid comments, other
    times not so.

    Nameless wrote:
    > Lordfire wrote:
    >
    >>>Of course valid critic can be seen as an insult - and to me it seems
    >>>that Lordfire and Icon (as probably some others) are just doing this,
    >>>but that is their problem not mine, at least as long as Tim makes it
    >>>not clear that he does not like that kind of critic - and so far he
    >
    > has
    >
    >>>not.
    >

    >>This is most interesting.
    >>Since I first got to know you, Nameless, you wrote in way that had the
    >>tendency to be insulting.
    >

    > More like a tendency to be perceived as insulting.
    >

    >>I always thought you knew that!! And I thought you wanted to write
    >
    > this way.
    >
    > I guess you are misinterpreting my post.
    > Of course I knew that and I wanted to. It is just that it can be
    > counter-productive,
    > if Tim minds and does not see my critic and comments for what they are
    > (just that critic and comments).
    >

    >>If you want to change this:
    >>- Use question instead of orders:
    >

    > I seldom use orders.
    >

    >>- Use 'could' instead of 'can' etc...
    >

    > I could use 'can'.
    >

    >>- Don't write that you know things better without writing these things
    >
    > down.
    >
    > Oh some explanations can be rather long. Especially if still a
    > discussion arises about it.
    >

    >>- Remember that everything people do here, is done in their free time
    >
    > and
    >
    >>everything they imagine is done without any money in return.
    >

    > That actually includes me also, and then take into account that I have
    > not played planets for sometime.
    >

    >>Nobody has any
    >>right to make anybody think through ideas 10 times before posting
    >
    > them.
    >
    > I do not have the right, and it is everybodies free choice,
    > if he does think something through or not (whether it would be again or
    > not).
    >

    >>Often they are posted to that people who like to, do this. If Gabor
    >
    > posts a
    >
    >>very detailed report don't tell him that detail X is not as detailed
    >
    > as it
    >
    >>could be!
    >

    > Why not? - You can see it as just pointing out, where still a problem
    > exists.

  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    Icon wrote:
    > Sometimes Nameless I think you just like to stir the pot.

    Do I?

    > I think Lordfire is just saying, "be tactful in your approach to the
    > situation and the way you convey it".

    And can it be that I am ignoring it?

    > That's why I deleted the original flame against you, it was counter
    > productive.

    I guess that does depend on ones intention.

    > I do think at times you have put in some very valid comments, other
    > times not so.

    May it have something to do with understanding or not understanding my
    messages?
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    Lordfire wrote:
    > If you do not believe me it is your right to do so.

    Do you really think that it has something to do with believing your?

    > But it is in your interest to believe me, when I say: You can have
    more
    > influence, more fun and more friends if you write things down in a
    tactful
    > way.

    > Some ways to do this I just suggested.

    Do you not think that I can take your sound advise into account and
    still get nearly the same results with my posts as I have now?
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

    Nameless wrote:
    > Icon wrote:
    >
    >>Sometimes Nameless I think you just like to stir the pot.
    >>

    > Do I?
    Uh huh.

    >>I think Lordfire is just saying, "be tactful in your approach to the
    >>situation and the way you convey it".
    >

    > And can it be that I am ignoring it?
    Guess so.

    >>That's why I deleted the original flame against you, it was counter
    >>productive.
    >

    > I guess that does depend on ones intention.

    Yes, like a point of view, there are a myriad.

    >>I do think at times you have put in some very valid comments, other
    >>times not so.
    >

    > May it have something to do with understanding or not understanding my
    > messages?

    Depends on understanding your point of view, the way it is conveyed and
    the intention/s behind it.

Games Video Games