Soap Box

Last response: in Video Games
April 16, 2005 12:44:01 AM

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm starting to think, give
this whole game away until it goes gold. I'm personally sick of the
constant changes through new hosts, that Tim implemants at constant
intervals.

During my week away there were no less then 4 hosts. How the F*#@ is
one supposed to keep up with the changes? Very limited info comes with
them and they change games at the whim.

I think Tim should not read any more posts and forget about worrying
about making everyone happy. It is hard to take as a player, who
devotes 3-6 hours per turns (large empire)to not get angered over
months of work that goes down the drain.

I don't for the life me understand why he just doesn't finish the game
as it stands and sell it as is. When this step is made, have a select
few indivuals do other tests and have updates bi-annually. I wonder how
many people actually leave this game without a whimper because they are
so frustrated with it?

Now I'm sure that there will be some loyal proud people who will stand
up for Tim and his ways, and I understand this. However, for heavens
sake enough is enough! How many more years do we have to put up with
this? I mean Tim do you actually have a release date in mind? If you do
would care to release it? Can you give us a clue, sometime this
centuary maybe?.

Oh before I go, I'm betting the standard loyal response to this would
be, 'you have a choice, choose not to play then and bugger off'. The
only reply I have for this is, that it is not such a great marketing
strategy now is it to dismiss potential buyers in this fashion.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game and have attempted to interact with
Tim and others with problems that arise. However, the reality is that
if Tim continues to go on and try to please everyone, this game will
never be released. And by the way, the most of the changes have had
something due to contraband. If it is such a problem get rid of it
altogether and increase the income level from cities in line with race
income stats and be done with it! Just make a decision and release the
game and stop making so many changes all the time.

Robert.
P.s. I'm now epecting to get frayed alive for daring to complain.

More about : soap box

Anonymous
April 16, 2005 12:59:45 AM

Oh I forgot to mention, that new hosts seem to mean more problems,
which then leads to more problems, which lead to... you get the
picture. Tim grap your balls man its your game, have you even got a
plan for it?
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 1:26:48 AM

The plan now is to tweek the game balance issues, we had to deal with
out of control money making gimmicks and out of control race issues.

I think host 193 does a great job of addressing that.

Even though there are calls by some to toss all the combat code and
start over, there are no plans for that. I am happy with the way things
are working now.

My list of host tweeks is empty, now it is a matter of getting rid
of the last few true bugs and the computer AI finished as well as the
DOC files.

Tim
April 16, 2005 7:02:33 AM

Ah, I think we've all been here once or twice. =)

So no need on our part to go and fry you with out "illuminated" views.

I just would like to think that VGA4 is making progress and a good one
at that, sure there are times when the developing could be faster but
over all I think the effort Tim puts in is excellent. And I might not
be much of a expert when it comes to judging character, but it's
preatty obvious to me that one can't complete a project like this
unless he has, and can keep his goals in mind.

Skies
April 16, 2005 11:51:38 AM

Ok,

I'd like to say something here, and forgive me please if I misunderstood
your posts. Your attitude it seems to me my friend towards Tim lacks
respect, and thereby is also disrespectful of others in this forum. I'm not
defending him, I think he can do that himself, I would like to say though,
why do you and a few others feel the need to attack him and his experiments
and ideas? There are alot of good ones out there. Whatever your viewpoint,
theirs, mine, or others I do not think there is an excuse for the attitude
that oozes from your post. You are not the first to post such a post as this
and I'm also speaking to others out there as well. I've shuddered at a few
of the posts I've read, and the disrespect and sometimes thoughtlessness
behind them.

> I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm starting to think, give
> this whole game away until it goes gold. I'm personally sick of the
> constant changes through new hosts, that Tim implemants at constant
> intervals.

Perhaps it is time for you to take a break.

> During my week away there were no less then 4 hosts. How the F*#@ is
> one supposed to keep up with the changes? Very limited info comes with
> them and they change games at the whim.
>
> I think Tim should not read any more posts and forget about worrying
> about making everyone happy. It is hard to take as a player, who
> devotes 3-6 hours per turns (large empire)to not get angered over
> months of work that goes down the drain.

Tim is obviously not going to make everyone happy, nor should he or anyone
else in life try to, as it's quite impossible. There's no *good* reason to
be angered. You're not the only one who has been burnt by new hosts, but
being burnt is the result of one of two things: intentional game changes in
an attempt to fix something or make it better, or bugs, and they are
accidents. Getting angered over either of these things is counterintuitive
and counterproductive to being a beta tester.

> I don't for the life me understand why he just doesn't finish the game
> as it stands and sell it as is. When this step is made, have a select
> few indivuals do other tests and have updates bi-annually. I wonder how
> many people actually leave this game without a whimper because they are
> so frustrated with it?
>
> Now I'm sure that there will be some loyal proud people who will stand
> up for Tim and his ways, and I understand this. However, for heavens
> sake enough is enough! How many more years do we have to put up with
> this? I mean Tim do you actually have a release date in mind? If you do
> would care to release it? Can you give us a clue, sometime this
> centuary maybe?.
>
> Oh before I go, I'm betting the standard loyal response to this would
> be, 'you have a choice, choose not to play then and bugger off'. The
> only reply I have for this is, that it is not such a great marketing
> strategy now is it to dismiss potential buyers in this fashion.
>
> Don't get me wrong, I love the game and have attempted to interact with
> Tim and others with problems that arise. However, the reality is that
> if Tim continues to go on and try to please everyone, this game will
> never be released. And by the way, the most of the changes have had
> something due to contraband. If it is such a problem get rid of it
> altogether and increase the income level from cities in line with race
> income stats and be done with it! Just make a decision and release the
> game and stop making so many changes all the time.

> Robert.
> P.s. I'm now epecting to get frayed alive for daring to complain.

It's not that you are complaining that has me posting this response, it's
your attitude. You could have been more respectful.

Eric
April 16, 2005 12:28:46 PM

cocomax wrote:
>The plan now is to tweek the game balance issues, we had to deal with
>out of control money making gimmicks and out of control race issues.

> I think host 193 does a great job of addressing that.

Does it? - To some extend maybe.

> Even though there are calls by some to toss all the combat code and
>start over, there are no plans for that. I am happy with the way
things
>are working now.

All of the things happening in the vcr or just some of them (which you
do generalize)?
Like getting vcrs which do last 5000 tics eventhough in the last 4000
tics only one side was still present in the vcr.
Or vcrs which do last less them 500 tics and everybody watching these
vcrs getting the impression that combat ended too early
(most people will get this impression if combat ends one tic after the
last fire was exchanged and enemies still in the vcrs just barely
out of shooting range).Centaur wings which while mostly doing damage
to the enemy while hardly getting any losses leaving combat regardless
of settings
mostly shortly after combat tic 500 (in case the combat is not
prematurely ended a little bit earlier).
The movement and the targeting part of the fighters is not that bad.
And yes I did use host 193.

> My list of host tweeks is empty, now it is a matter of getting rid
>of the last few true bugs and the computer AI finished as well as the
>DOC files.

Have I already heard that once before from you?
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 2:50:26 PM

In my opinion, the fact that the rules are not fixed is one of the (very)
good things of VGAP.

When the rules are set in stone the game loses a lot for me.

If you play and the rules change you need to interpret it as a random
element that is *part* of the game. No other game out there has that
interesting random elements!

Lordfire
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 2:54:51 PM

> Oh I forgot to mention, that new hosts seem to mean more problems,
> which then leads to more problems, which lead to... you get the
> picture.

You should try to get the overview - VGAP *is* developing. You wouldn*t like
to play a host version<30 or so nowadays!!

Tim grap your balls man its your game, have you even got a
plan for it?

I think you misinterpret his actions.
I have never seen Tim actually using an advise from this NG.
Usually it goes like this:

- Problem moves into public focus -> 10 People make 40 suggestions how to
solve it. -> 90% of the time: Tim does nothing.. ... 10% of the time Tim
does something, but it has nothing to do with what the 10 people suggested.

Has been this way with the last few host changes, too.
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 3:18:20 PM

Soxee, this is still in beta test, some instability in rules is to be
expected.

The driving force for that series was needed combat changes.

But there is the following options you can take when hosts are in flux:

1. You can simply have the host NOT update if the game isn't on a site.

2. You can request that the game go on hold for a few days.

3. If struck badly by a bug, you can request a rollback, hold, wait for
a host that fixes it (usually comes very quickly) and then have the
turn process under a host that doesn't have the bug.

Or alternatively, in that recent host changes, a Robot losing type 1
fighters in host 190 could have had them replaced (and more) by host
192 and be about even.
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 3:25:48 PM

generally the game gets better as Tim changes it.
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 7:16:10 PM

I wish I had written these sentences ! I totally agree ... for me This
Newsgroup is part of the game
and I am full of joy if a new host comes out, even if it does not fix any of
the things I talk about... (Man I would be stuned if that happend ;) )

Tim does a great job !

"Lordfire" <a@b.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> In my opinion, the fact that the rules are not fixed is one of the (very)
> good things of VGAP.
>
> When the rules are set in stone the game loses a lot for me.
>
> If you play and the rules change you need to interpret it as a random
> element that is *part* of the game. No other game out there has that
> interesting random elements!
>
> Lordfire

Anonymous
April 16, 2005 8:22:28 PM

Thanks Tim,

This is the sort of reply that I needed to keep the 'faith'. You could
have just either ignored me or choose to attack me, which you didn't.
Us 'testers' need this sort of information on a regular basis, so
please keep it up.

I have a final question. Have you got a date in mind for the release of
the gold package? This year, next year?

Oh, and by the way. This post was written out of sheer frustration it
was not meant to be disrepectful as some have suggested. I'm not a
person who treats others in a disrepectful way. Therefore, if my post
was seen as disrepectful, I am sorry.

Robert.
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 10:21:55 PM

Something else you all need to keep in mind. Tim has a wife, a house,
a regular job, and other hobbies in his life(Did you know he sings at
renaissance fairs?). Tim does this because he likes to. Tim has a
vision of of the Planets 4 Universe, and he often takes in the ideas
and suggestions of others, but remaining true to his vision, while
balancing it with fun, manageable game play is truly a daunting
challenge.

Greg Bahr
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 11:02:41 PM

Here is the deal. . . I am working on Planets 4 as mush as I can, A
few hours here and there. This summer my regular teaching job slacks up
and I will have lots of time to make the final push the get the AI done
and the DOCs finished and call the game GOLD. JUNE, JULY, AUGUST
will be big programming / documenting months for me, maybe I will reach
that gold mark by then.

.. . . but that is not the end of things. . .

After the game is FINISHED there are plans for many add ons and goodies
to be added into the game, like ION storms and dark zones. . .

There are new races to add. . .

When I get to the point that the DOC's are current to what happens in
HOST I will be very happy, that is one area that needs my work very
badly.

Tim
April 17, 2005 12:37:54 AM

I get the impression that the game is becoming more balamced, and that most
of the complaints are coming from people who were relying on rule exploits
and don't like losing them. The most telling indication is that the number
of posters with favourite "killer races" seems to have dwindled.

The huge wing battles being simmed are not representative of a typical
combat.
By the time there is that much cash floating around, devices and super
weapons would be tipping balances even more, and money would be less
valuable than minerals.

Bear in mind that simply using a low mineral game would give a boost to
fighters.

A more valid test would be the average combat one would see in the turn
10-20 range.

The only major problem had seemed to be the Solarians, has anyone tried to
assess if they have been reined in?

"cocomax" <cocomax@aol.com> wrote in message
> The plan now is to tweek the game balance issues, we had to deal with
> out of control money making gimmicks and out of control race issues.
>
> I think host 193 does a great job of addressing that.
>
> Even though there are calls by some to toss all the combat code and
> start over, there are no plans for that. I am happy with the way things
> are working now.
>
> My list of host tweeks is empty, now it is a matter of getting rid
> of the last few true bugs and the computer AI finished as well as the
> DOC files.
>
> Tim

Anonymous
April 17, 2005 1:12:11 PM

Hmmm...

As a non-native english speaker perhaps that came out wrongly. Just
so I don't appear as a blunt let me re-phrase:

Even though I understand the occasional player (sometimes yours truly)
who flame here after a host change: I am 100% happy customer and
have total confidence in the game's good development.

...maybe add to that; To me _personally_ it makes no difference if this
thing goes Gold ever, i'll be sticking around to host 493 if need be.
No need to hurry on my sake. =) It's all been extremely interesting
since august 2003 when I first logged in.

Skies
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 2:43:06 PM

I bought a lap top a few months back so that I could program while
traveling about with my wife. . .

So yes, I will be using a lap top this summer to finish up the AI and
DOC files. . .

Tim
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 2:43:08 PM

I bought a lap top a few months back so that I could program while
traveling about with my wife. . .

So yes, I will be using a lap top this summer to finish up the AI and
DOC files. . .

Tim
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 8:07:06 PM

Hi Tim,

hope your budget allows a laptop for programming!!! It's SUMMER, stay
outside at most as possible no matter what everyone is crying about! You say
June, July and August are most programming month ... better say September,
October and November (does they named like this in english?) and do some
looong holidays in summer to be in good shape for the rest of the work!

Just my 2 cents!

Mydgard

"cocomax" <cocomax@aol.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Here is the deal. . . I am working on Planets 4 as mush as I can, A
> few hours here and there. This summer my regular teaching job slacks up
> and I will have lots of time to make the final push the get the AI done
> and the DOCs finished and call the game GOLD. JUNE, JULY, AUGUST
> will be big programming / documenting months for me, maybe I will reach
> that gold mark by then.
>
> . . . but that is not the end of things. . .
>
> After the game is FINISHED there are plans for many add ons and goodies
> to be added into the game, like ION storms and dark zones. . .
>
> There are new races to add. . .
>
> When I get to the point that the DOC's are current to what happens in
> HOST I will be very happy, that is one area that needs my work very
> badly.
>
> Tim

April 18, 2005 3:57:40 AM

"Skies" <jhollanti@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hmmm...
>
> As a non-native english speaker perhaps that came out wrongly. Just
> so I don't appear as a blunt let me re-phrase:
>
> Even though I understand the occasional player (sometimes yours truly)
> who flame here after a host change: I am 100% happy customer and
> have total confidence in the game's good development.
>
> ..maybe add to that; To me _personally_ it makes no difference if this
> thing goes Gold ever, i'll be sticking around to host 493 if need be.
> No need to hurry on my sake. =) It's all been extremely interesting
> since august 2003 when I first logged in.
>
> Skies

Oy. I'll be hear until host 493 as well. Perhaps will take a break during
that time but I'll be back. I guess I just wish no one would flame. At all.
There's no *good* reason for it, in this forum or any other. Expressing
one's views can be done far more effectively without flaming them.
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 4:11:00 AM

"cocomax" <cocomax@aol.com> wrote in news:1113625608.826815.189720
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> My list of host tweeks is empty, now it is a matter of getting rid
> of the last few true bugs and the computer AI finished as well as the
> DOC files.

YAY! Oh Im sorry. Its just that I patiently keep returning here to find out
what the status is. Particularly on the AI.

Gandalf Parker
--
I have owned my copy of VGAP4 since 1999.
I am eagerly waiting for it.

I have written some space shanties. . . I song this one with my Ren
guild ( The Jolly Tradesmen ) at a Filk Con in the SF Bay area this
last March. . .

Warping Down to Rigel Three
By Tim Wisseman Revision 5 Dec 28th, 2004
(Tune of Rolling Down to Old Maui)

It's a damned tough life, full of toil and strife
We red shirts undergo.
And we don't give a damn when the storm has stopped
How hard the ions blow.
We're starward bound! 'Tis a grand old sound
On a good ship going warp speed,
And the captain will drink my Romulian Ale
With the girls on Rigel Three.

Warping down to Rigel Three, me boys,
Warping down to Rigel Three.
We're starward bound done wondering round
Warping down to Rigel Three.

Once more we go with a motto bold
The Vulcan is insane
And them weird humming fronds on alien worlds
I fear they've fried his brain
Six hellish months we've passed away
On the edge of the Neutral Zone,
We're starward bound done wondering round,
Warping down to Rigel Three

Warping down to Rigel Three, me boys. . .

Twas a damn tough fight, with fire and light
We had no hiding place
Our hull plate's cracked, its peeled away
Some decks are open to space
The horrid scars of Klingon mines
That haunt the Neutral zone
They're all behind in the cold star shine
Since we aimed for Rigel Three.

Warping down to Rigel Three, me boys . . .

How deep the freeze of the stellar seas
Now the mines are far astern,
While native maids in planet glades
Are awaiting our return.
Even now their big green eyes look out
Hoping some fine day to see
Our intermix chamber running full speed
Warping down to Rigel Three

Warping down to Rigel Three, me boys. . .

We're warping bold as space we fold
To the planet we'll call home.
Our di-lithium's spent, our fight'en done,
And we ain't got far to roam.
Our photon torps are fired away
What care we for that sound?
A vampire cloud is after us,
Thank God we're homeworld bound!

Warping down to Rigel Three, me boys. . .

At Rigel we'll land, I hope we're not banned
At our favorite party town
With clicks and squawks and odd soft pops
They greet us beaming down.
When we hit the shore we'll have good fun
We'll paint the planet red
And wake in the arms of a native pal
With a great big glowing head.

Warping down to Rigel Three, me boys,
Warping down to Rigel Three.
We're homeward bound done wondering round
Warping down to Rigel Three.
Anonymous
April 19, 2005 4:05:37 AM

Greg Bahr wrote:

> (Did you know he sings at renaissance fairs?).

I I ... no, I didn't. The local ren fes is like 3 miles from my house.
Will you come sing for us oh ye merry planets minstral?
--
Drew
Anonymous

=)

Excellent lyrics! Hmmm, not sure I've ever run into renessaince fair
music ever before, but if the CD's available I'm in. =)

- Jarmo
Anonymous
April 19, 2005 1:43:28 PM

I have a couple of Planets / Borg parodys:

Borg version of "Happy Together"

Imagine we and us, we do
We think about us day and night;
it's only right
To think about the ones we are
and hold us tight
so happy together

We can't see us not being one in thought!
For all our lives!
When were in cubes, baby, we assmilate!
For all our lives!

-----------------

"Give me a Cube!" To the tune of Toy Song.

My wife is on the telephone, my chance to get away
Now I can find the magical time that really makes my day
Go to my room and lock the door
Load up VGA Planets 4
Happy and Fun Galore are on the way!

Give me a Cube!
Give me a Cube!
For a Cube is part of the Joy of playing the Borg!
Give me a new Borg cube
And the base I'll assmilate
It's a world of wild adventure as the Borg
I can fly and fight! Search and Destroy!
Give me a Cube!
Give me a Cube!
For a Cube is part of the Joy of playing the Borg!
Anonymous
April 19, 2005 4:11:41 PM

Some lyrics sung by malfuctioning Borg drones immedately prior to their
termination:

"You say you want a revolution,
well you know,
we don't want to assmilate the world"

---

"Well, it's one, two, three,
what are we assmilating for?"
Anonymous
April 19, 2005 10:27:49 PM

joncnunn@yahoo.com wrote in news:1113929008.129295.177100
@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

I have some Borg sigs...

"We are Borg. We assimilate entire races. We force them to share the
collective mind. We are seeking perfection." Sorry Borg but I have
Internet. I see the error in that plan, daily.

"We are Blog. We assimilate entire groups. We force them to share the
collective mind. We are seeking perfection. You will Blog. Resistance is
futile."

Gandalf Parker
-- I was asked "Do you think playing games is a life?"
And I responded "Dont you think living life is a game?"
(and by the way, Im winning!)
April 21, 2005 4:04:58 AM

I wrote some time ago...

From the game Cosmic Cataclysm:

Suddenly echoing throughout the Cosmos... unexplainably heard from all
speakers in existance, in space and on land.. dramatically heard bursting
forth in song... Admiral Peridot and his crew... joined soon by Siliconoids,
Crystals, and other happy folk all over...

Admiral:
I am the very model of a modern Crystalline Admiral,
I've information crystal light, kerria, and mineral,
I know the Cyborg princess, and I live for fights historical,
From URSA Beta to Rowena, in order categorical;
I'm very well acquainted, too, with matters amorphousophical,
About transwarp theorem I'm teeming with a lot o' news,
With many cheerful facts about the secrets of the X-Field.

ALL:
With many cheerful facts about the secrets of the X-Field.
With many cheerful facts about the secrets of the X-Field.
With many cheerful facts about the secrets of the X-Field.

Admiral:
I'm very good at integral and differential web mine laying;
I know the scientific names of creatures otherworldly.
In short, in matters crystal light, kerria, and mineral,
I am the very model of a modern Crystalline Admiral.

ALL:
In short, in matters crystal light, kerria, and mineral,
He is the very model of a modern Crystalline Admiral.

Admiral:
I know our mythic history, from Star Trek to the hyperlathe;
I sing in hard acrostics, I've a pretty taste for paradox,
I quote in elegiacs all the assimilations of amalgamates,
I'm shaped colourful and I can capture peculiarities shipabolous;
I can tell undoubted B-200s from MBRs and Crystal Lights,
I know the croaking chorus from the Amphibians of Bonn Ness!
Then I can hum a fugue and be happily at war,
And capture all the ships from those not sensible to surrender now

ALL:
And capture all the ships from those not sensible to surrender now.
And capture all the ships from those not sensible to surrender now.
And capture all the ships from those not sensible to surrender now.

Admiral:
Then I can write a washing bill in Robotic cuneiform,
And tell you ev'ry detail of Peaseblossom's uniform:
In short, in matters crystal light, kerria, and mineral,
I am the very model of a modern Crystalline Admiral.

ALL:
In short, in matters Crystal Light, kerria, and mineral,
He is the very model of a modern Crystalline Admiral.

Admiral:
In fact, when I know what is meant by "Annihilation" and "Zap your gone",
When I can tell at sight a phasor from a positron,
When such affairs as diplomacy and economics I'm more wary at,
And when I know precisely what is meant by "Super Weopen fire detected at:",
When I have learnt what progress has been made in modern ,
When I know more of tactics than a Birdman in a wormery--
In short, when I've a smattering of amorphous soup on my face,
You'll say a better Crystalline Admiral has never conquered with such grace.

ALL:
You'll say a better Crystalline Admiral has never conquered with such grace.
You'll say a better Crystalline Admiral has never conquered with such grace.
You'll say a better Crystalline Admiral has never conquered with such grace.

Admiral:
For my military knowledge, though I'm plucky and adventury,
Has only been brought down to the beginning of the kilocentury;
But still, in matters crystal light, kerria, and mineral,
I am the very model of a modern Crystalline Admiral.

ALL:
But still, in matters crystal light, kerria, and mineral,
He is the very model of a modern Crystalline Admiral.

.....all speakers then fade back into what noise they were previously
spouting.

From the Game: Life During Wartime

Interrupting all intergalactic communications, beaming across all channels
appears the image of a hooded scavenger with microphone, surrounded by
various strange creatures on various strange instruments. A quirky, quick,
and upbeat cadence begins and quickly builds. the hooded creature soon
begins:

Heard of a ship that is loaded with weapons
podded up and ready to go
Heard of some gravsites, out by the wormholes
a place where nobody goes

The sound of mechfire, off in the distance
I'm getting used to it now
Lived in an off-world, lived in a meteor
I've lived all over this space

This ain't no party, this ain't no show lounge
this ain't no assault by ground
No time for dancing, or grecken blood wine
I ain't got time for that now

Transmit the message, to the mothership
hope for an answer some day
I got three handguns, couple of stim brights
don't even know my real name

High on a hillside, mechs are loading
everything's ready to roll
I war in the daytime, I spy in the nightime
I might not ever get home

This ain't no party, this ain't no show lounge
this might be assault by ground
This ain't no holodeck trip, or the gambling deck.
I ain't got time for that now

Heard about Forbidden Planet? Heard about Disney World?
Heard about Ceti Alpha One?
You oughta know not to park by the jump gate
somebody might blast you up there

I got some groceries, some lerchin spices
to last a couple of ticks
But I ain't got no speakers
ain't got no headphones
ain't got no illegal CDs to play

Why stay in flight school? Why go to training centers?
Gonna be different this time?
Can't write a letter, can't send no email
I can't write nothing at all

This ain't no party, this ain't no show lounge
this is attack by ground
I'd love you hold you, I'd like to kiss you
But it's 'kill kill kill' time now

Trouble in transit, got through the blockade
we blended in with the crowd
We got computers, we're tapping commlinks
I know that ain't allowed
We dress like stormers, we dress like cyborgs
or in a suit and a tie
You changed your hairstyle so many times now
I don't know what you look like!

You make me shiver, so scared and tender
We got to flee while we can
Don't get exhausted, I'll do some chunneling
you ought to get you some sleep

Get you directions, follow waypoints
then you should move your homeworld
Maybe this turn, maybe the next turn
whatever you think is best

Burned all my notepads, what good are notepads?
They won't help me survive
My chest is aching, burns like a furnace
infernorator burning keeps me alive

Try to stay healthy, physical fitness
don't want to catch no nano-virus
Try to be careful, don't take no chances
you better watch how you play

.. the velocious cadence fades and lights dim. radio waves return to normal
broadcasts..
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 2:23:50 PM

> When I get to the point that the DOC's are current to what happens in
> HOST I will be very happy, that is one area that needs my work very
> badly.

Which reminds me. Doc, how about getting back to the Online VGA Help
Files reviews? Last phase (Phase 3) was back in early Feb.

Scytale
Anonymous
May 15, 2005 10:35:25 PM

Join with me freind as we get stoned alive against the wall with the
inscription BETA FOREVER!

It's good not to be so lonely :-)

Robert.

Eldaran wrote:
> [...]
that
> > > if Tim continues to go on and try to please everyone, this game
will
> > > never be released. And by the way, the most of the changes have
had
> > > something due to contraband. If it is such a problem get rid of
it
> > > altogether and increase the income level from cities in line with
race
> > > income stats and be done with it! Just make a decision and
release the
> > > game and stop making so many changes all the time.
> >

> > > Robert.
> > > P.s. I'm now epecting to get frayed alive for daring to complain.
> >
> > It's not that you are complaining that has me posting this
response, it's
> > your attitude. You could have been more respectful.

Anonymous
May 16, 2005 4:54:39 AM

To my mind Soxee's post did not have a disrespectful feel to it rather I got
the impression it was posted by a man ready to tear his hair out due to

!