Annisman's Second Annual Christmas Giveaway! *New* Winner Announced!

Annisman

Distinguished
May 5, 2007
CONTEST HAS ENDED, CHECK POST # 2!

I imagine a fair number of you have seen at least one of my giveaways here on Tom's. The most recent one was a GTX 480 that was won by AMW if I remember correctly.

There have been four or five other giveaways, including steam games, other video cards, hard drives, cpu's, memory and other computer hardware. Usually I upgrade my computer, and am left over with generally new, and well taken care of 'extra' parts. I used to sell these parts on Ebay, or here on the forums, but that is tedious, and you never get the amount that you want, so now I just give them to you guys.

This is my second annual Christmas giveaway, it is no different that one of my other giveaways, it just takes place a few weeks before Christmas.

As the title vaguely suggests, I am giving away a GTX 285. It is a BFG, overclocked edition, my brother was using it in his rig until I swapped it for a GTX 460 (from my old setup).

Anyways, all you have to do to enter for this giveaway is to post in this thread and list the computer setup you will be adding the card to

Secondly, you need to post one of the following for my amusement: A picture of a pet (doesn't have to be yours, you can find it on the internet!) dressed up in a christmas costume. OR A de-motivational poster (keep it clean) OR any other picture involving cats, kittens or 'cats in sinks' which is my favorite.

Thirdly (and lastly) you must not enter if you have a high-end graphics card already, so if you have a card that is equal to or better than a GTX 285 then don't enter please! :non: Give someone else a chance, thanks.

You can look up the 'Tom's Hardware Graphics Heirarchy Chart' if you are not sure.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, must live in the USA to be elligible.

Now of course, these guidlines are not hard, and rather rediculous, but, still, I reserve the right to do these things how I want to right ? :D

I will ship the card a few days after the contest is over, I will pick the winner randomly, I will pay for shipping. :hello:

Lastly, I want to say Merry Christmas!

For my family, Christmas is about the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I hope whatever you celebrate brings you joy and comfort this holiday season!

And of course, good luck to all !

- Annisman

Annisman

Distinguished
May 5, 2007
*** Reserved to Announce Winner***

The *New* winner of the random giveaway is Pyrozen, he's got a full 24 hours to get ahold of me before I pick another name.

EDIT: WINNER HAS CONTACTED ME!

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas with your family and friends, God Bless!

Look for other giveaways as soon as I can spare them, I am out of money and spare parts lol.

4745454b

Titan
I guess I'm in. I don't have the pic handy right now but I'll edit it when I get in. I should have some odd cat pic on my drive somewhere. (do the facepalm or fail pics count as de-motivational?)

E6600 on a Foxconn X38 board with 4GBs of GSkill DDR2-800 ram. 1.75TB of drive space, Delta sourced Antec EA500W PSU and a 5750 to top it off. The setup as a whole is pretty good on my 1680x1050 LCD. My 5750 only seems to handle 2x AA however.

Win or lose, congrats to you sir for doing this.

Edit: This pic has always made me laugh.

Thebestacatcanget-funny.jpg

I've also heard good things about this pic before.

trollgetincar.jpg

And, because you can never have enough cat pics, I offer this just because we can.

catcoffee.jpg

Actually because we are geeks thats probably Mt. Dew or Pepsi, but you get my point.

Annisman

Distinguished
May 5, 2007

Fail pics are good to use, I'm not gonna be picky.

God bless you for your continued generosity annisman.

Let the just rejoice,
for their justifier is born.
Let the sick and infirm rejoice,
For their saviour is born.
Let the captives rejoice,
For their Redeemer is born.
Let slaves rejoice,
for their Master is born.
Let free men rejoice,
For their Liberator is born.
Let All Christians rejoice,
For Jesus Christ is born.
St. Augustine of Hippo

Merry Christmas!!

12293679412046funny-pictures-you-love-your-cat-in-the-sink.jpg

rhaezor

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2007
Hey all

My entry for the give away:

Specs
Intel e6750 Core 2 Duo @ 3.0 GHz || Gigabyte P35-DS3L rev2.0 || g.Skill 4GB 1066 DDR2 5-5-5-15 || XFX Geforce 8800 GTS 320 MB || OCZ 600 watt

angryreindeer.jpg

It is very generous of you to hold a give away :) Thanks for being so kind to your fellow gamers!

Merry Christmas to all!

winuwinu

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
UGHHHHHHHHH fuxin...accidently clicking bookmarks and losing my super long post...ah well here we go.

For disclaimer purposes, I am probably buying a 6890[ok, not 6890, whatever the equivalent is to the 5870 is, damn AMD and your confusing naming schemes] when they come out[or when I can manage to get one] if they are ~300$. If they're not out by February I'll probably go with a 5870. I am also [hopefully] building a new rig for Christmas. Telling you this because of the third stipulation. I realize it's only two months, but it'd be nice to have the...285[lol forgot] for those two months, and then later as a PhysX slave hopefully if I can get it to work. That being said, I know there are more deserving people probably and that's why I'm putting this upfront and bolding.

Current system is a 8800GTX, Intel Core 2 duo @2.33ghz, 2[1x2]GB ram, etc. Uhmm..and here's the sink cat, since I believe my dog is far too old and bionic to wear Christmas clothes.

sxhbx0.jpg

I suppose that's my two cents D:

Happy Christmas[Yes I live in the US, but I prefer to say it that way =-p] and God bless.
[Finding that cat took a bit, it was the one I liked best. I hope no one else posted it ];]

Annisman

Distinguished
May 5, 2007

Super cute picture, and thanks for being up-front about your upgrade intentions.

prgmhorse

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
ah well,
funny-pictures-you-love-your-cat-in-the-sink.jpg

get the cat/demotivational out of the way first, i'd be putting it in a core 2 quad 2.33Ghz, gts250 1Gb, 8Gb ddr2 ram,
and have a friend with a 7900GTX that would love a gts250 for christmas :D

AMW1011

Distinguished
Lol @ Annisman's cat-in-sink fetish.

I spot a DEATH ADDER!!! Nice! My Girlfriend ruined mine a few weeks ago, since they apparently react very poorly to spilled drinks. So for Xmas I'm apparently getting a Roccat Kone+! She actually did the research herself and determined it the best (by asking OCN, AT, and TPU because they were on my favorites!), I never heard of it before. Isn't she sweet (when she wants to be)? I miss my DA, though, my old shedding and dirty Diamondback is barely holding me off.

Anyway, I'm posting to say Merry Christmas and happy Holidays to you and everyone else. Congratulations to whoever wins.

And just for you Annis:
[flash=480,385]http://www.youtube.com/v/unFtwEjpKuY?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]

:lol: :lol: :lol: Priceless!

AMW1011

Distinguished

Its been bugging the hell out of me, not wanting to change ANYTHING about my system. Not that it is a bad thing, its just such a new thing for me!

Your kitty is great!