Cpu temp getting very high 110++ or higher .

Tyan

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Hello,
I'm Tyan I got a problem with my cpu after i self reinstall my Asus Geforce ENGTS450 in my motherboard . Cpu temp getting very high and sometimes it's auto shutdown and what's more is when i'm playing my games things get well at the 1st few mins . But after 10mins of games everything getting very lag . Can someone out there help me out ? I'm just a kid who came from a poor family i cant afford to buy anything expensive or going into the shop and ask for help so i came here . Hope u guys would help me please .

Solution
You may have knocked the heatsink or unplugged fan cable.

Remove and reinstall the heatsink, don't forget to clean base and reapply a small amount of thermal paste.

Tyan

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Thanks sir . Will try to get money to get thermal paste . Perhaps i read alot of information about changing the thermal paste . Which type of soft towel should i use?

Coffee Filters work great as a microfiber cloth replacement. I too recommend some Isopropyl alcohol . I recommend against toilet paper because it leaves flakes. I use a dry coffee filter to get the majority of the old paste off, then I wet down a new one with alcohol and buff it clean.

Sorry for necroing this thread didn't check date.