nAtr0n

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Hello all,

I have a issue with my keyboard that I was hoping someone would have some answers. I have just done a fresh restore and was having no issues at all. I am not sure what started it, but now when I go into any game both the keyboard and mouse buttons work seemingly when they want to. I was curious what was happening so I launched the controls options in Minecraft. I then went to the forward control which says W as the key that is used. So i decided I would change it. I typed P, and it shows a 1. I type it again random number. I tried another key same random number. if I am in anything other than a game every key works without Issue. I have check re-checked drivers removed uninstalled changed USB ports checked hot keys stickys region languge and everything I could imagine. Updated every driver, all windows updates.... total fresh copy. I even reset the bios. I am very perplexed by this being a game only issue. I even made sure direct X was fresh and current. I Have no idea Please help

nAtr0n

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Thank you for the info man. I did finally find out what the issue was. I am sorry that I forgot this detail, but hopefully it will help someone (comcast users) in the future. The issue was keystroke protection built into Comcast Guard or whatever it is called (provided by comcast) it makes the game think all keys are random numbers. I hope this helps others