blenderbros666

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Hello i would like to know what kind of cpu should i get i am in to 3d modling and gaming and my buget is pretty good becuz i am 16 and i get paid 7.25 an hour and that 7 hours a day so anways my dad says i should get a amd beuz it cheaper and better but i dont know and also i would like to know should i get a ati graphics card or nivda thanks in advance ps:i a noob my dad used to bulid pc

mlcaouette

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
Right now Intel is the best way to go with an i5 2500k or an i7 2600k (better for modeling). Graphics will be based on your personal preference, price, and M/B support for crossfire or Sli. What exactly is your budget and when will you be purchasing?

Well you have enough cash in your wallet for a rocking workstation build.. But before we recommend anything concrete, we need to know your level of expertise with those softwares.. Also let us know how big your work files get.. If you are just starting with 3D then my recommendation is to practice either of Maya or Max (both won't work out).. You can surely start with both and see which makes you feel more comfortable..