Sign in with
Your question

Gamig netbook!!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 11, 2010 1:22:59 PM

Hi people!

I just want you to advaice me..

ASUS 1015PN (Intel Dual Core N550 and NVidia ION2 (512 VRAM DDR3) plus Intel 3150)

or

Thinkpad Edge 11 (AMD Athlon II K325 and ATI 4225 (no VRAM, slower clock than ATI 4200))

The Thinkpad is 369 and the Asus is 379, the Asus one has Windows 7, is smaller and lighter, the Thinkpad supports up to 4Gb DDR3, the Asus 2Gb DDR3, both of them come with 1Gb DDR3.

The netbook must be as portable as possible, for student and general use, as well as for gaming (WoW, Empire Total War) :D 

More about : gamig netbook

a c 172 U Graphics card
December 11, 2010 1:46:21 PM

The only wow gaming you will be able to do is private servers that are using 3.3.5 or older due to the limited specs. I would go for the ION netbook but then again the cpu (yuck) and the limited ram but in the end you need to look at which one is best suited to your needs such as battery life and build quality. I hate how laptops are made these days with weak hinges ect. The AMD laptop has the edge in terms of ram as well most importantly I/O performance usually but actual performance remains to be seen.

Good luck in your choice :) 
December 11, 2010 2:00:51 PM

I think that 2Gb of ram is ok for me.

What I would like to know is how high is the real difference between the N550 and the K325, as well as the ION2 and the ATI 4225. Because I dont find any good comparative review anywhere! :S

I guess that the Thinkpad is better built that the Asus, but the Asus is smaller and lighter which is something that I want.

I think that the Asus one is theb est choice, but the CPU makes me dude! thank you for your answer!
a c 172 U Graphics card
December 11, 2010 3:45:45 PM

Personally if I wanted it to be light I would go for it but first is the battery. If the other has like a 3 cell battery I wouldn't get it. If both are the same then go for the Asus, at least the gpu isn't using the system ram like a igp.
!