manwinder

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
i am probably going to get a new pc (since my old has problems), my old pc is q6600 with a 9800gtx+, it has 3gb of ram, it is a HP computer with a few upgrades. I do want a new computer but i am not sure if i actually need 1, i have the my older pc siince november 2007, i do a lot of 3d animation, my computer can handle the 3d animation most of the time, i am in grade 11 and i only have 1 year left in till i go to college, should i build a new computer, and if i do what is the best pc i can build and if i do build a pc, would a 2600k be better or a 970(6core), and also i probably won't be needing a gpu since i have a 980gtx+, i don't really game on my pc, u guys think i need a new gpu, if so which one, i don't want to spend over $1000, at max $1500, i need a lot of ram but not to much(24 gb), i don't need a monitor or printer, speakers.

Solution
If your current PC can handle all your tasks to your satisfaction level then there is obviously no need for you to get a new PC.. Hold on to your cash for now.. Spend it only when and where you need to.. You will most probably need s laptop when you join college.. This cash can be better spent then..
If your current PC can handle all your tasks to your satisfaction level then there is obviously no need for you to get a new PC.. Hold on to your cash for now.. Spend it only when and where you need to.. You will most probably need s laptop when you join college.. This cash can be better spent then..

Solution