I need a normal size desktop on each moniter without stretching

How's it going? I was wondering if anybody has any advice on the following. I have a GTX 460 and a 9600GT currently installed in my rig. I have 1 moniter connected to each one. I want to display the desktop on each moniter without stretching. Basically I want the desktop to look normal on 2 different moniters. The only options I get from right clicking the desktop/screen resolution are: stretch, show desktop only on #1, and show desktop only on #2. What I need is a fourth option that says " show desktop on 1 and 2 without stretching. Basically I want 2 desktops doing the same thing at different resolutions with each dispaly resolution totally independant from each other. They are two tatally different types of moniters. I am currently running V8.17.12.6099 drivers for both cards.
If anyone has any advice it would be grealy appreciated. Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about normal size desktop moniter stretching
  1. I would need more info, like Your operating system, the size in inches of your screen, your screen is 5:4 or 16:9 etc...
  2. bloc97 said:
    I would need more info, like Your operating system, the size in inches of your screen, your screen is 5:4 or 16:9 etc...

My main disply is 16:9 @ 1080p. My 2nd display is 4:3@ 720x480. Standard tv. I'm running Win7 32bit. Thanks
  3. bloc97 said:
    I would need more info, like Your operating system, the size in inches of your screen, your screen is 5:4 or 16:9 etc...

I am using the 9600gt s-video out (tv out) for the 4:3 @ 720x480 moniter. Or tv actually. this is moniter #2
  4. I have tried dual unequal monitors before. I also found it to be unsatisfactory. The resolutions are different, and the colors may be hard to match. Dragging a window from one to the other will leave parts hidden.

To use your current system the best, set up one to hold something static, like e-mail, or a performance monitor. Do your work on the other.

If you have the desktop room, duplicate your 1080P monitor and run with three. Your two graphics cards will support that.
  5. An 4:3 and an 16:9 isn't compatible if you are using an VGA Duplicator, but if your GCard Have 2 Output, it should have the options in graphics settings "configure two monitors differently" and not "Duplicate Desktop on two Screens"
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Desktops Screen Resolution Graphics